Euston Travelodge

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Hammer
The Man They Love To Hate

Euston Travelodge

Post by Hammer »

Did anyone on here stay at the Travelodge by Euston Station? If so, what it any good?
Just a bit of future planning. For when I want to come down it's half the price of the Premier Inn over the road.
To offend, or be offended is purely subjective.
Simon Templar
SHAKESPEARO

Re: Euston Travelodge

Post by Simon Templar »

Stayed there on the Sunday night. Had a room in the basement at the back of the building. Could do with a lick of paint, but for £29 I wasn't going to complain.
SHE SHOULDNT DO THAT
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by SHE SHOULDNT DO THAT »

Hammer wrote:Did anyone on here stay at the Travelodge by Euston Station? If so, what it any good?
Just a bit of future planning. For when I want to come down it's half the price of the Premier Inn over the road.
no but i can recommend an apartment my friend and I stayed in. just up kings cross road, 10 mins from the station. only 90 quid a night, sleeps 2. really clean , nice bedding, just the job for a few days.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

If you don't mind been woken up by the first train at 5.15am then its fine'

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
icecube
Ugly
Ugly

Post by icecube »

Hammer wrote:Did anyone on here stay at the Travelodge by Euston Station? If so, what it any good?
Not at the convention but I stayed there last year. Very handy for the station and a smart refurbished room, a bit smaller than other travelodges but it was cheaper.

Stayed at Kings Cross travelodge for the convention and not far short of 100 notes a night
:shock:
This can't be undone

Old Angus

Post by Old Angus »

Yes, we stayed there for three nights. Room cost £205.50, so it worked out at £34.25 each night. Nothing spectacular, but comfy bed, and an eat all you can breakfast for £7.65.

Have to say Jim, never heard any train at all to be honest. 8)
-------------------------------------------------------------
SEGONTIUM SEARCHERS

Genealogy & Local History Research Service

www.segontium.com
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I'm getting confused with Kings Cross Travelodge. :oops:

Jim
Old Angus wrote:Yes, we stayed there for three nights. Room cost £205.50, so it worked out at £34.25 each night. Nothing spectacular, but comfy bed, and an eat all you can breakfast for £7.65.

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Old Angus

Post by Old Angus »

theraven1979 wrote:I'm getting confused with Kings Cross Travelodge. :oops:

Jim
Old Angus wrote:Yes, we stayed there for three nights. Room cost £205.50, so it worked out at £34.25 each night. Nothing spectacular, but comfy bed, and an eat all you can breakfast for £7.65.

:grin: :grin: :grin:

Have to say the traffic outside our window could be pretty grim, but a few ales seemed to dull the senses. :P
-------------------------------------------------------------
SEGONTIUM SEARCHERS

Genealogy & Local History Research Service

www.segontium.com
shazzer
Rats Rally

Euston Travelodge

Post by shazzer »

There are 3 Travelodges down the Kings cross road within spitting distance of each other.
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

Crikey Moses my mate Ian and I stayed at the Montana Excel *defo NOT XL :lol: ) and the room was in the basement, about 15 foot by 7 with two single beds in it, there was no en suite loo and the ceiling was literally 6 foot 3 high, and the telly didn't show BBC programmes. But the shower was bizarrely one of the best I've had in any hotel, and the proper (nearly) Full English was really good too and buffet. And the people who worked there were really pleasant too. £55 for the one night, checked out early Sunday :lol:

Just about everything went as clockwork as poss with respect to the whole weekend, plus Leeds won, watched in a pub with the volume down as the yokels were watching Arsenal beat the Banjoe Twangers :grin:

NO sign of Mylie Syrus anywhere, the bint :oops:
Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

Really depends on who your going with???

I'd stay(have stayed) in some pretty ropey digs I wouldn't dream of taking MRs TOTS to.
I look on it as somewhere to crash in between bevying!!!
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

Bobinblack wrote:Crikey Moses my mate Ian and I stayed at the Montana Excel *defo NOT XL :lol: ) and the room was in the basement, about 15 foot by 7 with two single beds in it, there was no en suite loo and the ceiling was literally 6 foot 3 high, and the telly didn't show BBC programmes. But the shower was bizarrely one of the best I've had in any hotel, and the proper (nearly) Full English was really good too and buffet. And the people who worked there were really pleasant too. £55 for the one night, checked out early Sunday :lol:
Me and Blackbeered stayed there also Bob :grin: We were on I think :oops: the 2nd floor.
Agree with the breakfast, very nice.
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''