Why Wilco on Jools instead of The Stranglers

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

APOLLO79
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Why Wilco on Jools instead of The Stranglers

Post by APOLLO79 »

Any answers?To be honest,it's pissed me right off..
Last edited by APOLLO79 on 27 Nov 2011, 04:27, edited 1 time in total.
'Can i have my mic stand back please?You might do yourself an injury and get it stuck in somewhere'
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Re: Why nWilco on Jools instead of The Sranglers

Post by Jake »

speculation only but Jools is a mate of Hugh's init, wilko told me he auditioned Jools for a band (presumably solid senders) and of course jools didn't get the job, but hasn't stopped him inviting wilko on the show. The being Hugh's mate could be bollox and I did say it's just pure speculation, it's more likely coz the stranglers haven't been viewed in a great light by the BBC and been in with the in crowd to get an invite, just speculation, the truth is I really don't know! Who knows by the time the next album is out they might get the invite.
paulwilko
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by paulwilko »

Jools does n't do good bands!
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

Yeah it pissed me off too, especially when Gang Of Four were getting lots of exposure, and they were only an average band back in the day never mind now, in my not so humble opinion. The Damned never get on though do they, or Buzzcocks or UK Subs? I'm happy to be corrected there. Siouxsie was on a couple of years back. The Fall?

Gotta say that even with all the gripes against the programme's selections, I think Jools is bloody great and I would be surprised and disapointed if I thought he had any grievances with anyone, mates with Hugh or not. and why no Hugh on the show too? :P
Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.
MULLY
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by MULLY »

He's jealous of Dave!!
Allow me to re-arrange your face, sometimes I'd really like to get to know you better
APOLLO79
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by APOLLO79 »

MULLY wrote:He's jealous of Dave!!
8)
'Can i have my mic stand back please?You might do yourself an injury and get it stuck in somewhere'
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Bobinblack wrote: Gotta say that even with all the gripes against the programme's selections, I think Jools is bloody great and I would be surprised and disapointed if I thought he had any grievances with anyone, mates with Hugh or not. and why no Hugh on the show too? :P
Hugh did make an appearance to plug 'A Multitude Of Sins' if I remember correctly although he didn't perform any songs.
APOLLO79
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by APOLLO79 »

ThruBeingCool wrote:
Bobinblack wrote: Gotta say that even with all the gripes against the programme's selections, I think Jools is bloody great and I would be surprised and disapointed if I thought he had any grievances with anyone, mates with Hugh or not. and why no Hugh on the show too? :P
Hugh did make an appearance to plug 'A Multitude Of Sins' if I remember correctly although he didn't perform any songs.
Yes.It went a bit like:"Jools;"Hi Hugh" Hugh:"Hi Jools" Jools:"Hugh,you've got this book out.."Hugh:"Yeah..blah"
Jools:"Hugh why did you leave the Stranglers?"Hugh:"Why did you leave Squeeze Jools"..ahhh ok..Jools:"Hugh Cornwell everyone!" :roll:
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Yeah, it was a great interview.
Hammer
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Hammer »

To be honest the show is pretty shit these days. A few years ago they used to have the odd band on with a bit of attitude, now they just play it safe. :evil:
To offend, or be offended is purely subjective.
Alexinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Alexinblack »

Pauline Black was on a few weeks ago talking about her new book.
marky
Ugly
Ugly

Post by marky »

cos its safe boring claptrap with a tired old formula and the in crowd plugging their particular brand of shit there are a few exeptions to that but its mostly dire