Jimmy Savile

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

dreamtime101
The Man They Love To Hate

Re: Jimmy Saville

Post by dreamtime101 »

gizzard wrote:Sad news, he was a great character.

R.I.P. :(
Spot on. RIP.
dead ringer
Ugly
Ugly

Re: Jimmy Savile

Post by dead ringer »

Say what you like about him but he ran over 200 marathons for charity and raised over £40 million pounds at which point the accountants couldn't keep up and he funded Stoke Mandeville Spinal Unit almost singlehandedly! Unbelievable!
mickinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by mickinblack »

A true Legend.
One of a very few people from the BBC i have ever had time for.
This man was great...
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

Over £40 million he reaised for charity, he should have been adopted into the royal family for that. I always thought him weird, maybe a bit TOO weird due to certain spiteful rumours over the years, yet nothing has been shown to prove he was anything but weird AND a good fella. Over £40 million!!!!
Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.
unbroken69
Ugly
Ugly

Post by unbroken69 »

Bobinblack wrote:Over £40 million he reaised for charity, he should have been adopted into the royal family for that. I always thought him weird, maybe a bit TOO weird due to certain spiteful rumours over the years, yet nothing has been shown to prove he was anything but weird AND a good fella. Over £40 million!!!!
Yeah he was undoubtedly on the weird side. An eccentric, a kook, unusual and unique, sometimes came across like a dirty old man. Some of the rumours which wished to paint him as a freak were typical of the way our dearly beloved press respects people in the UK. His work to raise money for Stoke Mandeville children´s hospital was creditable. In these days of blandness, an exceptional and unorthodox personality like Jimmy´s is rare. However I expect to see those rumours surface in the near future, I think there is definitely something in them.
Last edited by unbroken69 on 22 Oct 2012, 21:11, edited 1 time in total.
Oh the bliss, oh the pleasure caressing your ears.
droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by droopsnoot »

I seem to recall in a documentary (perhaps the Louis Theroux one) that he'd gone to a lot of trouble to make sure that no "inappropriate" rumours could ever be started, though he did a lot of work with kids he appreciated that as a single bloke he was wide open to all sorts of stories and claims, so made sure there was no chance of anything. (That's quite hard to write without any implication of anything, but I mean none).
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall
dead ringer
Ugly
Ugly

Post by dead ringer »

[quote="droopsnoot"]I seem to recall in a documentary (perhaps the Louis Theroux one) that he'd gone to a lot of trouble to make sure that no "inappropriate" rumours could ever be started, though he did a lot of work with kids he appreciated that as a single bloke he was wide open to all sorts of stories and claims, so made sure there was no chance of anything. (That's quite hard to write without any implication of anything, but I mean none).[/quote

Am i the only one who found Theoux quite patronising and disrespectful in that documentary, just because Jimmy Saville was a bit eccentric and not a stereotypical family man husband with two kids and all that shit, so what, after all that we have read about his amazing charity efforts i don't think Louis Theroux is fit to lick Jimmy's boots...i mean trainers!!
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

dead ringer wrote:Am i the only one who found Theoux quite patronising and disrespectful in that documentary
Jimmy had him sussed right from the start, that's why he couldn't get him to bite and get his 'Scoop'.
People going about their ordinary business is not good telly, they want controversy!!!!
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
jamesgreenfield
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by jamesgreenfield »

Got a picture of Jimmy Savile gropping my wifes arse. She was 13 at the time. He would need both hands now. RIP.
did somebody say wanker?
APOLLO79
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by APOLLO79 »

jamesgreenfield wrote:Got a picture of Jimmy Savile gropping my wifes arse. She was 13 at the time. He would need both hands now. RIP.
:shock:

:smt005
'Can i have my mic stand back please?You might do yourself an injury and get it stuck in somewhere'
dead ringer
Ugly
Ugly

Post by dead ringer »

jamesgreenfield wrote:Got a picture of Jimmy Savile gropping my wifes arse. She was 13 at the time. He would need both hands now. RIP.

Are you Bill Wyman?
jamesgreenfield
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by jamesgreenfield »

I should point out, to avoid confusion, that I was not married to my wife when she was 13 and I am not Bill Wyman (sadly).
did somebody say wanker?