Jimmy Savile

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

unbroken69
Ugly
Ugly

Re: Jimmy Savile

Post by unbroken69 »

Did any of you Yorkshiremen, go to see Jimmy lying in `state´? I read somewhere he´s in a hotel in Leeds, where people can go and pay their respects. Mind you Jimmy was probably more alive than that Leeds United side that took a 5.0 drubbing at home to Blackpool last night.
Oh the bliss, oh the pleasure caressing your ears.
saminblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by saminblack »

This thread inspired me to think more about that man Mr Savile - so much so that I wrote my newspaper column about it. And I even nicked Iain's joke too.

I know we all thought Jimmy was a bit, ahem, odd (and yes we have all heard the rumours) but that 'oddity' helped raise £40m for charity so perhaps we need a few more more odd people?

Anyway here are some thoughts from my Bath Chron column/blog....http://samholliday.blogspot.com/

PS If you scroll down the blog a bit you will find an interview I did with another genuine British one-off - Adam Ant.
They'll be called the survivors..you know why?....cos they're gonna survive
MULLY
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by MULLY »

Now then.... now then pop pickers. This week's non-mover is .......Jimmy Saville.
Allow me to re-arrange your face, sometimes I'd really like to get to know you better
unbroken69
Ugly
Ugly

Post by unbroken69 »

What a difference a year makes. I wonder if many still agree with what they wrote about Jimmy at the time of his death.

Anyway here's a belter from radio Ulster. Laugh - I nearly shat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9yJUOdVyUc
Oh the bliss, oh the pleasure caressing your ears.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: RE: Jimmy Savile

Post by theraven1979 »

Y'know, the more I hear about this Saville geezer the more I hate him.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Hammersmith1982
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Hammersmith1982 »

evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

sometimes came across like a dirty old man
wrote Unbroken69 in one of the pasts above!! :shock:

It's a terrible story - so many victims. What i don't understand is , how come this was never reported earlier, I mean he must have been making victims for 40 odd years? And why didnt his name come up when Gary Glitter fell? The detectives that did his case must have missed something then?
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
mickinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by mickinblack »

Again someone found guilty before a trial.
Im 100% sure he has done the crimes because TV has told me this.
Is this right or wrong?
Is this the society that we wish to have?
No matter who you are or what you have done we are INNOCENT until we have been found guilty.
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

I suppose there goes all the repeats of Top Of The Pops that the BBC have been showing, then! :(
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

evonx wrote:
sometimes came across like a dirty old man
wrote Unbroken69 in one of the pasts above!! :shock:

It's a terrible story - so many victims. What i don't understand is , how come this was never reported earlier, I mean he must have been making victims for 40 odd years? And why didnt his name come up when Gary Glitter fell? The detectives that did his case must have missed something then?

Yeah makes you think, but then again not wanting to come over as partisan or something but it's not unheard of for the police to fuck up, I have just been watching something on the news about a detective in the Met police who has been sent to jail for failing to investigate sexual offences and then covering it up. I think it's also a case that Savile’s victims felt too afraid to come forward and fear of not being believed. It's disgusting like Jim said the more I hear the more I hate him. Sickening that it was covered up, sickening that there was a culture that accepted sexual abuse at the BBC, we don't yet know how far it went and what other celebrities were committing these vile acts. You know one of the worst things is when you read about people in the BBC saying things like they suspected Savile was up to no good, shame on them for not coming forward, to think this nasty man got a heroes funeral as well, the whole thing is just wrong.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Yep - Apparantly a new run of TOTP2 has been canned.

Jim
StanInBlack wrote:I suppose there goes all the repeats of Top Of The Pops that the BBC have been showing, then! :(
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"