Tragedy at Indiana State Fair

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Tragedy at Indiana State Fair

Post by Jake »

A very, very bad disaster has happened at a festival in the USA, just watched the video - that is very frightening. I don't want to make ill founded comments but just looking at the video the stage looks of a poor construction, OK weather conditions may not have been predicted but it snaps like a twig.

One of the first music events I went to when I was a still a kid was the Monsters of Rock festival at Donnington in 1988, jokes about music aside, it was a tragic event, two people died and one point one of the video screens fell on the crowd, from what I recall of what’s been revealed since, it was a miracle the stage didn't buckle completely. I think it's safe to say that tragedy proved there are no excuses for ignoring health and safety, and as far as I am aware there have not been any such serious disasters at a music festival in the UK since. I am amazed if such adverse weather conditions were not anticipated in the light of what's happened in Indiana, why on earth did they allow the festival to continue? And I am pretty certain health and safety is an even more dirty expression in the US than it is over here! What a waste eh? Watch the video at your own discretion it is seriously distressing
http://www.nme.com/news/various-artists/58629
Five Minutes
Ugly
Ugly

Re: Tragedy at Indiana State Fair

Post by Five Minutes »

Every time I see stuff like this it makes me wanna strangle twats like Littlejohn and their 'elf & safety' bollocks.
Last time I came here a friend of mine just got triple-jacked over a steeplehammer and jessop jessop jessop jessop jessop
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

Five Minutes wrote:Every time I see stuff like this it makes me wanna strangle twats like Littlejohn and their 'elf & safety' bollocks.

Yes seems a deeply unplesant sort of a chap. Our beloved PM wants to 'cut red tape' when it comes to health and safety' god only know's what this means, but I'm certain it won't all be coming out smelling of roses.
Five Minutes
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Five Minutes »

Remember all those disasters during Thatcher's era, Piper Alpha, Kings Cross, Hillsborough, Zeebrugge....

Could of course have been a coincidence.
Last time I came here a friend of mine just got triple-jacked over a steeplehammer and jessop jessop jessop jessop jessop
bill
Rats Rally

Post by bill »

Five Minutes wrote:Every time I see stuff like this it makes me wanna strangle twats like Littlejohn and their 'elf & safety' bollocks.
I've been told by my manager that there's no money in the budget for new safety equipment (to replace the stuff that has "CONDEMNED" stickers on it).

There is, however, a special fund to pay compensation should anybody get injured...
:smt009
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

bill wrote:I've been told by my manager that there's no money in the budget for new safety equipment (to replace the stuff that has "CONDEMNED" stickers on it).

There is, however, a special fund to pay compensation should anybody get injured...
I'm sure These Chaps would be interested in that!!!

Bet your manager wouldn't like a criminal conviction???

Gen up on your Health & Safety @ Work Act:
It shall be the duty of every employer to:
Provide a safe place to work
Provide safe plant that is properly maintained.
Ensure that articles and substances are used, handled, stored and transported in a way that is safe and with out risk to health.
Provide information, instruction, training and supervision necessary to ensure the health and safety of everyone at work.
Provide and maintain a safe and healthy environment.
Ensure that welfare arrangements and facilities are adequate for the employees at work.
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
bill
Rats Rally

Post by bill »

Toiler On The Sea wrote:
bill wrote:I've been told by my manager that there's no money in the budget for new safety equipment (to replace the stuff that has "CONDEMNED" stickers on it).

I'm sure These Chaps would be interested in that!!!

Bet your manager wouldn't like a criminal conviction???

Gen up on your Health & Safety @ Work Act:
It shall be the duty of every employer to:
Provide a safe place to work
Provide safe plant that is properly maintained.
Ensure that articles and substances are used, handled, stored and transported in a way that is safe and with out risk to health.
Provide information, instruction, training and supervision necessary to ensure the health and safety of everyone at work.
Provide and maintain a safe and healthy environment.
Ensure that welfare arrangements and facilities are adequate for the employees at work.
Thanks - you're absolutely right, of course.

When I get back from Preston I may just be back in shit-kicking mode...
ravenlunatic
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by ravenlunatic »

Thats a terrible thing to happen, it would certainly put a damper on a night out. That stage rig looks like a proper peice of crap like something thats been designed by a child......hugely tall but with no apparant triangulation to stop the whole thing twisting and collapsing in the obviously very high winds.
I tried to make him laugh, He didn't get the joke, and then he said I wasn't right in the head.
paul b
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by paul b »

fucking hell
"i'd crawl over 50 good pussies just to get to 1 fat boys asshole"
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

ravenlunatic wrote:That stage rig looks like a proper peice of crap like something thats been designed by a child......hugely tall but with no apparant triangulation to stop the whole thing twisting and collapsing in the obviously very high winds.
Working for a Yank company, we get loads of safety alerts from the good old US of A, some times I'm glad we have the Elf & Safety the we do.
The 'Yee-Haa' cowboy spirit still appears to be all too present in their society.
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.