London Riots

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: London Riots

Post by gizzard »

I was in Brixton on Sunday for the Morrissey gig and didn't see anything going on, after the gig there were a lot of people about but again nothing much was going on, that said I was glad to get back to the safety of Hammersmith and to see Blackbeered's car there and still in one piece! :grin:
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

MULLY wrote:The call for the army on the streets to assist the Police Force, to quell the riots and 'protect and preserve' the peace - on the anniversary of internment in Northern Ireland - who woulda believed it!!

Never mind 'Babylons Burning' and 'London Burning' - time for 'CURFEW' 8)
Good point Mully, very good point.
Rockula
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Rockula »

I just got back to East London after Rebellion in Blackpool. A week with 8,000 punks and not a spot of bother to be seen.

We avoid TV and radio whilst we're there.

Heard absolutely NOTHING about this until we got home yesterday and had to 'phone friends in Hackney, Tottenham and Croydon to make sure they (and in some cases thier shops) were o.k.

Now we hear that most of the looters are afluent youth and students just out for a new iPod or tracksuit or whatever.

This is not disaffected youth attacking the Government or the Police. This is opportunistic, criminal behaviour destroying peoples homes, property and livlihood. These people are attacking thier own communities. What a bunch of useless tossers.

Now, I believe in direct action and peaceful public demonstration and all the rest. But they haven't even touched a Government building or a Police Station. There's no political motivation in robbing Boots and Currys. It's just greed.

Even the parents of the young guy shot by Police are appalled and disgusted by what's being done supposedly in thier son's name.

Sickening.

And because of this genuine protests will be made harder.

These looters are doing the Governments job for them and we'll all be facing greater clampdowns.

15 minutes from me people's homes are on fire.

Drop the fucking bomb. It's all over.
ManInBrown
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

I agree with some of what you say above Rockula, but not all and it's too long a post to quote from. Just a couple of points though A) I really doubt that any of those selfish wankers taking part in looting are affluent students somehow, where did you hear that, the Daily Mail by any chance? B) Of course they wouldn't go and attack government buildings; there are always loads of cops on duty who wouldn't stand back and allow it to happen. I wonder if the Met’s weak response has anything to do with the fact they are going to have 2000 frontline officers cut over the next year?

For the record I live in the South Tottenham ward and David Lammy is my MP and I think he could have done a lot more for the area when he was in government, and it was always going to be a very foolish thing to do to cut the youth service by 75%, add into the mix a lot of black people have died in police custody in Tottenham since the Broadwater farm riots in the 80’s. I am not making any excuses for tossers who want to get a free TV or some trainers, but I am bloody frustrated at some of the problems linked at the very least to this disorder. Whilst it does not excuse the very frightening situation on the streets right now, these are issues that need addressing as far as I am concerned and community figures also, we will probably be ignored and left to rot as usual.
mickinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by mickinblack »

Jake wrote:I agree with some of what you say above Rockula, but not all and it's too long a post to quote from. Just a couple of points though A) I really doubt that any of those selfish wankers taking part in looting are affluent students somehow, where did you hear that, the Daily Mail by any chance? B) Of course they wouldn't go and attack government buildings; there are always loads of cops on duty who wouldn't stand back and allow it to happen. I wonder if the Met’s weak response has anything to do with the fact they are going to have 2000 frontline officers cut over the next year?

For the record I live in the South Tottenham ward and David Lammy is my MP and I think he could have done a lot more for the area when he was in government, and it was always going to be a very foolish thing to do to cut the youth service by 75%, add into the mix a lot of black people have died in police custody in Tottenham since the Broadwater farm riots in the 80’s. I am not making any excuses for tossers who want to get a free TV or some trainers, but I am bloody frustrated at some of the problems linked at the very least to this disorder. Whilst it does not excuse the very frightening situation on the streets right now, these are issues that need addressing as far as I am concerned and community figures also, we will probably be ignored and left to rot as usual.
In my experience community leaders are the most racist bigots of them all Nothing more than poverty pimps who prey on the working class of all races especially ethnic minories.
We all seen what the problem was, who was involved and what they did.
What as happend here is nothing more than gangs of kids out of control with a big chip on there shoulder.
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

Maybe Mick, I don't know it's not possible for me to get inside everyone's head and deduce the facts I can only go by my own experiences. I don't even really wanna go into this, it's a frightening and bleak situation. I was mugged in Tottenham High RD in 2007, these were supposedly 'better' times which saw a bit more investment in the area. I've seen with my own eyes over the last few months teenage gangs consisting of very bored, unemployed, no hope of going to college coz of EMA cuts, no hope of uni etc, if they weren't gang members before the sad fact is they probably are now, I wouldn't write it off as 'chips on the shoulder' myself but each to their own view. I will just say it's not a nice place to be right now in London, everywhere is on lock down and it's extremely tense. It should be perhaps pointed out that the police themselves warned of devastating consequences of 'the cuts' a year ago http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11291616

I really fucking hate what's going on!
MULLY
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by MULLY »

Local press cartoon....
Attachments
twinned.JPG
twinned.JPG (170.55 KiB) Viewed 460 times
Allow me to re-arrange your face, sometimes I'd really like to get to know you better
mickinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by mickinblack »

Very funny Mully thats a good one... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Watching BBC seems its Blacks and Chavs looting in Manchester tonight.
Market Street under attack in mancheser City centre.
The Police dont seem able to handle it.
So many involved how they ever gona stop them, hate this idea but maybe time for a curfew until things sorted.
Its getting out of hand.
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

mickinblack wrote:Very funny Mully thats a good one... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Watching BBC seems its Blacks and Chavs looting in Manchester tonight.
Market Street under attack in mancheser City centre.
The Police dont seem able to handle it.
So many involved how they ever gona stop them, hate this idea but maybe time for a curfew until things sorted.
Its getting out of hand.
Yes very good, thank you for that Mr. Mulster! Tottenham is actually a very Irish area, what is ignored actually is it's a very diverse area, not just gangs of black kids as certain media elements might suggest. There was going to be some punk gigs this weekend, I was actually due to make a guest appearance with one band at a pub basically just next to the retail park in Tottenham Hale, the geezer that runs that boozer originates from West Belfast, and not surprisingly he does not want the punk gigs to go ahead at the weekend. Here's a clip that seems appropriate http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldZhlTc8k_E

EDIT- regarding Manchester, I was down Holloway Road earlier and saw about 10- 15 riot vans from Greater Manchester Police, the thing is they made no secret of this fact to the media, hmmmmmmmmm
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

A good bit of information, it is from Duncan Campbell, so that isn't surprising :smile:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree ... ter-cannon
mickinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by mickinblack »

Jake wrote:A good bit of information, it is from Duncan Campbell, so that isn't surprising :smile:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree ... ter-cannon

This artical is interesting.
He seems to point out fault with everything but not come up with a altenative solution.
The troube with this lefty is that his heart is in the right place but not a clue to the real world.
I like a lot what this guy says sometimes, but he as never lived or understood poverty and racism.
This riot is just about out of control kids.

Weres Richard Little John when you need him.
Im sure he would of had them all hung drawn and quatered by now...With out a trial too boot... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Damian
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Damian »

I live in West Drayton (between Heathrow and Uxbridge) It seems that everything is in a state of 'lockdown' what with pubs boarded up, shops closing early including Tescos morrisons etc. Even the shops that never seem to close are shut.

Very tense out there but quiet at the moment.

What worries me is that if anything happens round here we might get Boris Johnson turning up with a broom tomorrow :shock: