Conservatives to flog off the Post Office.

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

LAFOLIE
Ugly
Ugly

Conservatives to flog off the Post Office.

Post by LAFOLIE »

Well, it hasn't taken them long to return to their old ways. Next part of the family silver to be selected is the Post Office. It is quite clear, they just don't learn. Again, they just apply Capitolistic principles to ever part of public service within this country. Just wait and see, once its sold off to some 'fat cat' orginisation, the price of sending a basic letter will double and some parts of the service will be axed because they won't make large profits. The Post Office, Railway, Tubes, buses etc should be run for the people by the people. So, what will we do with this large sum of money from the sale of the Post Office....you just know its going to be spunked up the wall on pointless and usless projects. Ah, I can think of one, 2012 games!

This country was flushed down the toilet years ago and somewhere at the bottom of a very deep ocean!
I am the knot that slips from the loop

I am the earth that conquers the root
APOLLO79
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Re: Conservatives to flog off the Post Office.

Post by APOLLO79 »

LAFOLIE wrote:Well, it hasn't taken them long to return to their old ways. Next part of the family silver to be selected is the Post Office. It is quite clear, they just don't learn. Again, they just apply Capitolistic principles to ever part of public service within this country. Just wait and see, once its sold off to some 'fat cat' orginisation, the price of sending a basic letter will double and some parts of the service will be axed because they won't make large profits. The Post Office, Railway, Tubes, buses etc should be run for the people by the people. So, what will we do with this large sum of money from the sale of the Post Office....you just know its going to be spunked up the wall on pointless and usless projects. Ah, I can think of one, 2012 games!

This country was flushed down the toilet years ago and somewhere at the bottom of a very deep ocean!
1981 I reckon.The day they implemented the 'right' to buy homes built by the people for the people was the the start.
Last edited by APOLLO79 on 12 Jun 2010, 13:13, edited 1 time in total.
'Can i have my mic stand back please?You might do yourself an injury and get it stuck in somewhere'
Niki Wu
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Niki Wu »

LAFOLIE wrote:This country was flushed down the toilet years ago and somewhere at the bottom of a very deep ocean!
Whilst the bright young (well some of them no longer so young) things in the financial sector have been continually rewarded for their bad behaviour.
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

yep fucking cunts! not exactly an intelligent comment I know. What gets me is the 500,000 public sector job cuts they announced the day they announce X100 Millions to be spent on the IED problem in Afghanistan, how about get the fuck out of that war and save some jobs? Just an idea like!
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

I wonder how many letters are written today compared to the eve of the day the internet and email was unleashed upon us ?

No wonder they want to sell it, it is probably vastly underused compared to a few years ago.
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

Depends Paul, a lot of people of the older generation aren't as adept in modern technology as we are, I still use the post office and its a disatser for pensioners.
Stevie.T-'up north'
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Stevie.T-'up north' »

LAFOLIE wrote:Well, it hasn't taken them long to return to their old ways. Next part of the family silver to be selected is the Post Office. It is quite clear, they just don't learn. Again, they just apply Capitolistic principles to ever part of public service within this country. Just wait and see, once its sold off to some 'fat cat' orginisation, the price of sending a basic letter will double and some parts of the service will be axed because they won't make large profits. The Post Office, Railway, Tubes, buses etc should be run for the people by the people. So, what will we do with this large sum of money from the sale of the Post Office....you just know its going to be spunked up the wall on pointless and usless projects. Ah, I can think of one, 2012 games!

Totally agree. This once great nation is well and truly fucked!
Sweat and shite and blood!
mantheylovetohate
The Raven
The Raven

Post by mantheylovetohate »

[quote="Stevie.T-'up north']Totally agree. This once great nation is well and truly fucked![/quote]
Where are you going to pick up your dole now? :roll: :grin:
Did someone say "Wonky"?
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

Amazon & Play don't use the post office anymore.
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
Niki Wu
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Niki Wu »

Jake wrote:Depends Paul, a lot of people of the older generation aren't as adept in modern technology as we are, I still use the post office and its a disatser for pensioners.
Don't worry Jake, whilst your parents can retire early safe in the knowledge that their pensions are paid for, we 1960's baby boomers will continue working and paying taxes until we are 70 (if we live that long ),too glad of a job having been part of Thatcher's young unemployed.