The Scheme

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Gene Regulation
Rats Rally

The Scheme

Post by Gene Regulation »

For all the rest of the UK, why should you miss out on Scotlands top rated show at the moment. (It's getting better viewing figures than Eastenders).

Car crash tv at it's best.

Episode 1

Episode 2

Episodes 3 & 4 to follow at a later date, as someone not yet seen has a court case pending & they dont want to prejudice the case.

*Using Subtitles is something of a neccesity, for those not of a Scottish disposition .
Last edited by Gene Regulation on 27 May 2010, 22:38, edited 1 time in total.
TAFKA TrampinBlack
mini mission
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Re: The Scheme

Post by mini mission »

Gene Regulation wrote:For all the rest of the UK, why should you miss out on Scotlands top rated show at the moment. (It's getting better viewing figures than Eastenders).

Car crash tv at it's best.

Episode 1

Episode 2

Episodes 3 & 4 to follow at a later date, as someone not yet seen has a court case pending & they dont want to prejudice the case.

*Using Subtitles is something of a neccesity, for those not of a Scottish disposession.
oh aye ive seen it its unreal it was funny last night when she went on holiday and chucked her son out the house because she said he would steal all the stuff out her house and take it to cash converters :grin:
sandyinblack
Rats Rally

Post by sandyinblack »

Car crash television at its best.
Trouble is it could be virtually any town in the country (or the uk)
watch and laugh
Punk could be the first step towards Utpoia
Frank Castle
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Frank Castle »

Could'nt sit through this programme,I would want to put my fist through my TV......... :roll:

It pisses me off watching these cunts milking the system,and laughing in all us hardworking taxpayers faces...... :evil: :evil:

It makes me want to buy a rifle and declare Open Season on scum.......rant over...get a job you lowlife fuckers!!!!!
APOLLO79
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by APOLLO79 »

Got a point there Frank but there is also the unfortunate.Some people are watching this for gratification,makes their own
worlds seem a whole lot better,watching others misfortune and uneducated ways.Don't get me wrong there are genuinely funny
moments but overall its cringeworthy tv.I don't need to watch this to get a taste,I live and work in amongst this shit
everyday.
I wonder how much these spangles were paid?Car crash tv right enough..........
'Can i have my mic stand back please?You might do yourself an injury and get it stuck in somewhere'
theraven1970
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by theraven1970 »

They didn't need to go to Onthank scheme to film it. All that would be required is some editing of any CCTV footage from Kilmarnock Bus station. Anytime I'm there later in the evening I feel as though I should be with a bodyguard.
Every run down de-industrialised town has areas like it. It's just a pity for all the decent families whose lives will be made a hell by the bad apples in the barrel.
Greetings, fellow Stranglers fans.
Aural Scripture
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Aural Scripture »

There's something natural about most of the characters and I think that comes across on TV. None of this pandering to the cameras, apart from the hangers on at the Community centre who possibly only turned up because the TV cameras were there - similar to the majority of the congregation when 'Songs of Praise' is recorded.

Suppose it's fair to assume that many of the cast seem natural because they're either out of their heads or lacking slightly in the brains department - but the series has certainly proved a ratings winner for BBC Scotland.

On the subject of local documentaries - one of the best was 'The Fighting McIlroy's' from nearby Stevenston, which was broadcast in 2005 and won a Bafta Scotland award for best documentary.

The last time I spoke to Hugh (shameless name dropping) he spoke of his regret regarding the local council, who all agreed that building a multi-purpose gym would be good for the local area and indicated on TV that the project would go ahead. However, once the cameras stopped rolling, the proposal was K/O' d quicker than Donnie Long fighting Mike Tyson. Excellent documentary.
Gene Regulation
Rats Rally

Post by Gene Regulation »

Back on BBC Scotland tonight.

Car crash TV of the highest order, a complete Nedfest. :smt027

Should be available on Sky or Virgin, for thoses South of the Border, or alternatively on I-Player.

Mind thoses subtitles. :wink:
TAFKA TrampinBlack
jamesgreenfield
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by jamesgreenfield »

Fags, pizza's, smack, giro's, chips, more fags.

The future of Scotland? You can have it Mr. Salmond
did somebody say wanker?
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

jamesgreenfield wrote:Fags, pizza's, smack, giro's, chips, more fags.

The future of Scotland? You can have it Mr. Salmond
I'm sure we can find English Grannies for the the lot of them, then march them to the border when Independence comes.
That or they'll move en-masse, when the Scottish Government stop paying their Giros.
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
doninblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by doninblack »

It's quite ironic that the one with the most brains is the dog ("Bullet"), who, after witnessing one too many bust ups, fucks off pronto oot the scheme, gets knocked down by a car, stays in the vet's for a while cos his lovely owners won't pay the vet's bill, and ends up getting re-housed with an animal loving family. :grin: Kwality telly, maaaaaan. :smt119 :smt101 :smt082
Gene Regulation wrote:Back on BBC Scotland tonight.

Car crash TV of the highest order, a complete Nedfest. :smt027

Should be available on Sky or Virgin, for thoses South of the Border, or alternatively on I-Player.

Mind thoses subtitles. :wink:
Talking bullshit on a slow repeat.
fuzzguitars
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by fuzzguitars »

Frank Castle wrote:Could'nt sit through this programme,I would want to put my fist through my TV......... :roll:

It pisses me off watching these cunts milking the system,and laughing in all us hardworking taxpayers faces...... :evil: :evil:

It makes me want to buy a rifle and declare Open Season on scum.......rant over...get a job you lowlife fuckers!!!!!

Tell me Frank would you employ junkies? Sounds like your a daily mail/express or maybe a sun reader. I didn't know the Stranglers had nasty right-wingers for fans, you sound like Dick Littleman from the mail. How do you sleep at night?