The new Doctor Who

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

unbroken69
Ugly
Ugly

Re: The new Doctor Who

Post by unbroken69 »

Jon the Impaler wrote:Didn't like the first story , wasn't impressed with the second , the Daleks - no plot , story full of holes , Spitfires in space - they only flew at around 400-500MPH , would have taken ages to get there , takes a rocket a fair time .
First story 5/10
Second 6/10
Third 5/10

Thats being generous , and to me the new chap is just copying David Tennants mannerisms a lot of the time .

lol, and guess what mate, this may be news to you but there no such thing as a Tardis and regenerating Timelords.

I think Matt Smith is ace, very Patrick Troughton like, totally convincing and gets better with each episode. His sidekick Karen Gillan is sexy, sassy and has slipped effortlessly into the role.

The writing so far from Moffat and Mark Gatiss has been top quality, with plot twists a plenty and an abundance of humour. I mean a Dallek asking the Doctor "would you like some tea" pmsl. Moffat´s writing is less soap operish compared to Russell T. Davies and I expect the series to start to get a bit darker in the coming weeks with the return of the Weeping Angels.

Overall the series seems a bit more whimsical, fun and recognises the story of the Doctor is a fairy tale, essentially for kids of all ages. It´s a mistake to take it to seriously.

Eleventh Hour 9
The Beast Below 8
Victory Of The Dalleks 9
Oh the bliss, oh the pleasure caressing your ears.
Blackbeered
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Blackbeered »

unbroken69 wrote:
Jon the Impaler wrote:Didn't like the first story , wasn't impressed with the second , the Daleks - no plot , story full of holes , Spitfires in space - they only flew at around 400-500MPH , would have taken ages to get there , takes a rocket a fair time .
First story 5/10
Second 6/10
Third 5/10

Thats being generous , and to me the new chap is just copying David Tennants mannerisms a lot of the time .

lol, and guess what mate, this may be news to you but there no such thing as a Tardis and regenerating Timelords.

I think Matt Smith is ace, very Patrick Troughton like, totally convincing and gets better with each episode. His sidekick Karen Gillan is sexy, sassy and has slipped effortlessly into the role.

The writing so far from Moffat and Mark Gatiss has been top quality, with plot twists a plenty and an abundance of humour. I mean a Dallek asking the Doctor "would you like some tea" pmsl. Moffat´s writing is less soap operish compared to Russell T. Davies and I expect the series to start to get a bit darker in the coming weeks with the return of the Weeping Angels.

Overall the series seems a bit more whimsical, fun and recognises the story of the Doctor is a fairy tale, essentially for kids of all ages. It´s a mistake to take it to seriously.

Eleventh Hour 9
The Beast Below 8
Victory Of The Dalleks 9
Well said all round :!:

Especially the bit about slipping effortlessly into Karen Gillan.

That's what you said, right :?: :oops: :lol:
Bring me a piece of my mummy, she was quite close to me........
unbroken69
Ugly
Ugly

Post by unbroken69 »

May well have subconciously thought about it BB. :grin: :grin: :grin:
BasiltheBrush
Rats Rally

Post by BasiltheBrush »

I think the first three episodes werent that bad. the first was brilliant... and Karen Gillan is highly porkable....

BUT

THE NEW DALEKS ARE COMPLETEY GAY & WANKY......... Making them all different colours just doesn't work....

Instead of kids hiding behind the sofa being scared of these silver/gold tin-cans, they now go 'Ooooooo look at the pretty yellow one!!!'

Big Fuck up IMO..... should have kept them the one colour at least.......

Like the new look TARDIS tho.........
I HATE YOU MORE THAN RADIOACTIVITYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

BasiltheBrush wrote:THE NEW DALEKS ARE COMPLETEY GAY & WANKY......... Making them all different colours just doesn't work....

Instead of kids hiding behind the sofa being scared of these silver/gold tin-cans, they now go 'Ooooooo look at the pretty yellow one!!!'

Big Fuck up IMO..... should have kept them the one colour at least.......
Just like the ones in Dr Who & The Daleks

Made in 1965 :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

Yes but they weren't fecking colour-schemed were they. There'll be posters of em for sale in nice frames at Ikea next, you watch :P
Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.
unbroken69
Ugly
Ugly

Post by unbroken69 »

Bobinblack wrote:Yes but they weren't fecking colour-schemed were they. There'll be posters of em for sale in nice frames at Ikea next, you watch :P
C´mon, Doctor Who has always been a marketable product. Even when it was off air for years it was still The BBC´s most marketable product. It´s a bit daft to blame them for trying to market a new range of Daleks.

Furthermore the colour scheme of the Daleks on Saturday night seemed to me to be a less than subtle reference to the political parties in the UK. I think when they return, the colours will be a bit more random.
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

BasiltheBrush wrote: Instead of kids hiding behind the sofa being scared of these silver/gold tin-cans, they now go 'Ooooooo look at the pretty yellow one!!!'

:lol:
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

unbroken69 wrote:
Bobinblack wrote:Yes but they weren't fecking colour-schemed were they. There'll be posters of em for sale in nice frames at Ikea next, you watch :P
C´mon, Doctor Who has always been a marketable product. Even when it was off air for years it was still The BBC´s most marketable product. It´s a bit daft to blame them for trying to market a new range of Daleks.

Furthermore the colour scheme of the Daleks on Saturday night seemed to me to be a less than subtle reference to the political parties in the UK. I think when they return, the colours will be a bit more random.
We shall see.... I disagree but heyho (as the Ramones would have said).

I DID like the camouflaged ones with the Union flag on though :D
Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.
Gene Regulation
Rats Rally

Post by Gene Regulation »

First thing I thought of last week, was "Oh great, Tellytubbie Daleks.".

Anyway, the new Doc, a complete walloper. As they say up here in Scotchland.
TAFKA TrampinBlack
Ravenette
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ravenette »

Personally don't think the new Doc is a patch on either Jon Pertwee or David Tennant, but still watching it to see if it improves...
Has anyone heard of an American actress called Alicia Witt (she was in tv series Cybill and the film Two Weeks Notice - don't get me wrong I'm NOT a Hugh Grant fan!) Don't know if it's just me but I reckon Karen Gillan could be her twin sister...
I've got some chloroform and handcuffs, just for you.
mickinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by mickinblack »

I belive thats there has been a black dalek a red dalek blue darlek white darlek for a long time.
Going back to Sylvester McCoy time as the Dr.