MiB81
The Raven
The Raven

Re: The new Doctor Who

Post by MiB81 »

Dr. Who-the-fuck-are-you-talking-to?!

"You cannot fuck me. I am unfuckable. I have never been fucked!"
...I'm making lists of all the people I love,
and all the cunts that should fuck off...
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

I'd say this is a more serious Doctor , the comic pantomime bufoonery of Smith and to a slight lesser extent Tennant may not be present with this bloke . Can't say I've seen anything he's been in but from what I read he seems to be a serious actor ( serious as in serious tough guy roles ) . Might not be in the role too long . I'd only sort of warmed to Smith's more manic Doctor lately ....sort of .
All quiet ..........
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Just watched a Youtbe clip ( posted here previously ) .

I think they may have to change the time slot :lol: . Dr Who with chip on shoulder attitude . Like it :grin: .
All quiet ..........
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Best one I heard was simply Doctor Fuck :lol:

Anyone ever seen that film "Soft Top, Hard Shoulder" with him in it? I recall seeing it in my youth some good British scenary in it if I recall.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
unbroken69
Ugly
Ugly

Post by unbroken69 »

Yes I remember it, a road movie about Capaldi's character having to get back to Glasgow from London by a certain time otherwise he would miss out on a premium from his Italian families ice cream business. He wrote the screenplay as well.

An inspired choice for the role of the Dcotor in my opinion and while I was quite taken by Matt Smith's performance at times, it's good to get a real meaty actor who can bring years of experience to the role. I really hope they take a different direction with the writing now and cut out much of the slush that has blighted recent episodes.

Be great if he could play him like Tucker. "Oi Bobby fucking Davros what makes you think I give a flying omnifuck ya Stephen fucking Hawking lookalike cunt."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfayr0Me8fU Great video.

theraven1979 wrote:Best one I heard was simply Doctor Fuck :lol:

Anyone ever seen that film "Soft Top, Hard Shoulder" with him in it? I recall seeing it in my youth some good British scenary in it if I recall.

Jim
Oh the bliss, oh the pleasure caressing your ears.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Yeah man that's the one! Quite a nice film - saw it in the 80s (EDIT: Just checked and it was made in 93 so it must've been the 90s!) and never seen it anywhere since

Jim

unbroken69 wrote:Yes I remember it, a road movie about Capaldi's character having to get back to Glasgow from London by a certain time otherwise he would miss out on a premium from his Italian families ice cream business. He wrote the screenplay as well.

An inspired choice for the role of the Dcotor in my opinion and while I was quite taken by Matt Smith's performance at times, it's good to get a real meaty actor who can bring years of experience to the role. I really hope they take a different direction with the writing now and cut out much of the slush that has blighted recent episodes.

Be great if he could play him like Tucker. "Oi Bobby fucking Davros what makes you think I give a flying omnifuck ya Stephen fucking Hawking lookalike cunt."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfayr0Me8fU Great video.

theraven1979 wrote:Best one I heard was simply Doctor Fuck :lol:

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
kjblack
Rats Rally

Post by kjblack »

Jon the Impaler wrote:I'd say this is a more serious Doctor , the comic pantomime bufoonery of Smith and to a slight lesser extent Tennant may not be present with this bloke . Can't say I've seen anything he's been in but from what I read he seems to be a serious actor ( serious as in serious tough guy roles ) . Might not be in the role too long . I'd only sort of warmed to Smith's more manic Doctor lately ....sort of .
His recent work as serious tough guy Malcolm Tucker is not the whole story, Jon.
In his earlier days he was a serious wimp. (Check him out in "Local Hero.")
Maybe that just proves he's a good actor.
Rockula
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Rockula »

Peter Capaldi's latest big screen role was in 'World War Z'.

He is credited as 'W.H.O. Doctor' (as in World Health Organisation). :grin:
ManInBrown
Ravenette
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ravenette »

Well, last night was brilliant. Didn't see that coming!

Could have done with a band in the Star Wars Cantina type scene though :lol:

Or as Bag Lady pointed out, they could have played Tank at a certain point!
I've got some chloroform and handcuffs, just for you.
Rockula
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Rockula »

I thought it was a jumbled mess.
Nice to see the multi-coloured 1960's Daleks again though.
ManInBrown
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

A bit of a mixed bag . Lost interest a bit with the stupid axe guitar bit , the master/missy a bit of a nuisance , other bits were quite good . I much prefer Capaldi to ....forgotten his name already , the non actor one - Matt Smith , thats the one - he was too Sylvester McCoy-ish for me - too pantomime .
All quiet ..........
Ravenette
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ravenette »

Those last two episodes were a pile of shit, in my opinion. Hope the next ones are better.
I've got some chloroform and handcuffs, just for you.