Kids: who'd have 'em?

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Kids: who'd have 'em?

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Was in Sainsburys today and wasn't in the best of moods after an altercation with a BMW driver a few minutes earlier who I nearly twatted.
Anyway I was down one of the aisles and I heard this shouting, it was a little posh brat not more than about 7 or 8 years old really having a go at her poor old Mum -

Kid: "I want it!"
Mother: "No put it back"
Kid" "No I want it!"
Mother: "Put it back!"
Kid: "No! No! No! No! No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Mother: "You can't have it, put it back!"
Kid: "LOOK MOTHER! I WANT IT SO DEAL WITH IT WILL YOU!!!!!!!!?"

Couldn't believe it when she said that last bit and I looked at the Mother and said "I thought Parents were supposed to be in charge?"

That kid wanted a slap or preferably a bullet in the head but I realise you cant do that as it's not politically correct these days to shoot your kids in the head is it?

You got kids?
I hope they behave better than little brat does.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: Kids: who'd have 'em?

Post by theraven1979 »

I was in the Sainsburys Shite Rose the other week and a similar thing happened - I could hear a young kid screaming at his mother going "It's only 2.99 - I want it"

At one point felt like throwing £3 at the child and telling him to buy the sodding book and shut the fuck up.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
zontar
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by zontar »

Was recently in a fast "food" place - the one endorsed by a clown - when a screaming little shit threw a tantrum in decibel levels that would make Motorhead proud after the mother refused to purchae the latest McToy. Once the yowling bastard was out of earshot, the McManager followed him out of the bldg and appeased the should-have-been on-the-end-of-a-Trojan with the trinket. I'm certain he thought he was being a jolly fine fellow, but dearly wanted to tell him he was rewarding bad behavior.

Kid needed a fist laid upside his head.
paulinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by paulinblack »

theraven1979 wrote:I was in the Sainsburys Shite Rose the other week and a similar thing happened - I could hear a young kid screaming at his mother going "It's only 2.99 - I want it"

At one point felt like throwing £3 at the child and telling him to buy the sodding book and shut the fuck up.

Jim
And that's the problem every parent faces! Its quite interesting listening to people without kids talking about what they would do with kids if they had them. They don't realise what a demanding job it really is. When I see something like this happening around me I have the same thoughts as everyone else, but, they are quickly followed by a feeling of sorrow for the parent.

I have 3 kids and have had each and everyone of them go into meltdown at one time or another. I'm pretty strict with my kids and as such, think I have got, on the whole, pretty good ones. However, as I said, they have all embarrassed me, my wife and themselves by throwing tantrums at the most inopportune moments. When this has happened, as a parent, I've just wanted the ground to open up and swallow me as its really embarrassing.

So, what should a parent do? A smack is not the right answer in public. There are too many do-gooders that will report it to the Police or Social Services. Shouting at the child is not the right thing for the same reason. Stopping what you are doing is not always the right thing as it may well be that the child is doing it to seek attention. If he/she gets attention from behaving inappropriately then he/she will do it again. Caving in and giving the child what they want is also the wrong thing to do because of the same thing. Ignoring them is apparently not the right thing to do because it pisses many other people off.

So, for me as a parent, I find myself on edge when I am out in public. I feel under pressure to make sure that I spot warning signs and react to them at speed so as not to upset the general populace. Distraction techniques, carrots and sticks, thick skin and ways to involve the child in what I am doing are all programmed into my mind. A quiet word will always have been had with the kids prior to going out about expected levels of behaviour. We'll also talk about what the kids will be able to do when they get home.

After doing all of that, what happens? The child, who don't forget, is developing and growing all the time, gets a chemical reaction within it and perhaps a biological surge of testosterone, endorphins or some chemical or the other and it all goes horribly wrong! Liken it to getting pissed or stoned (if that is your want). Lots of drunks and druggies behave very inappropriately and won't change back to a responsible individuals at a second's notice no matter what their mates or companions say. So why do you think a kid will? It then comes down to the parent's skill in coping with the situation at that instant. They might be feeling shit, full of a cold, hungover, stressed, tired from dealing with all this shit, made redundant, dumped by a partner, fresh from an argument etc etc. Will they always make the right decision?

So, next time you see a kid going off on one, please don't be so quick to judge the kid or the parent, because upon reflection, you might find that you wouldn't know what the fuck to do either!

Paul

P.S. This wasn't a rant at Jim or anyone else who has posted thus far. It was just meant as food for thought.
G-L-O-S...Living in a flood plain!
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

That's why we don't have em!

Jim
paulinblack wrote:
theraven1979 wrote:I was in the Sainsburys Shite Rose the other week and a similar thing happened - I could hear a young kid screaming at his mother going "It's only 2.99 - I want it"

Jim
And that's the problem every parent faces! Its quite interesting listening to people without kids talking about what they would do with kids if they had them.
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
mickinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by mickinblack »

You carnt give in to kids...
When they do the tantrum in shops and all kids have done this and includeing all on this...You have to be firm and not give in. Even uif ther iteam is a penny its not about money at all if you give in once then the tantrum will be pulled everytime you go to the shops...When the kids pull the tantrums the ones who have very angry or disaproved faces are the ones who have no kids and dont understand them..The ones laughing to themselfs and smileing are the ones who have had kids in the past and no exactly what were going through...So when you see a tantrum rember is nothing to do with what or how much the iteam is the parent is showing that they are in charge..Myslf was never smacked by my dad and i as a farther never smacked my kids if smacking right or wrong should be up to the parent not socail sevices or do gooders..Unless its over the top stuff...
APOLLO79
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by APOLLO79 »

paulinblack wrote:

Jim
And that's the problem every parent faces! Its quite interesting listening to people without kids talking about what they would do with kids if they had them. They don't realise what a demanding job it really is. When I see something like this happening around me I have the same thoughts as everyone else, but, they are quickly followed by a feeling of sorrow for the parent.

I have 3 kids and have had each and everyone of them go into meltdown at one time or another. I'm pretty strict with my kids and as such, think I have got, on the whole, pretty good ones. However, as I said, they have all embarrassed me, my wife and themselves by throwing tantrums at the most inopportune moments. When this has happened, as a parent, I've just wanted the ground to open up and swallow me as its really embarrassing.

So, what should a parent do? A smack is not the right answer in public. There are too many do-gooders that will report it to the Police or Social Services. Shouting at the child is not the right thing for the same reason. Stopping what you are doing is not always the right thing as it may well be that the child is doing it to seek attention. If he/she gets attention from behaving inappropriately then he/she will do it again. Caving in and giving the child what they want is also the wrong thing to do because of the same thing. Ignoring them is apparently not the right thing to do because it pisses many other people off.

So, for me as a parent, I find myself on edge when I am out in public. I feel under pressure to make sure that I spot warning signs and react to them at speed so as not to upset the general populace. Distraction techniques, carrots and sticks, thick skin and ways to involve the child in what I am doing are all programmed into my mind. A quiet word will always have been had with the kids prior to going out about expected levels of behaviour. We'll also talk about what the kids will be able to do when they get home.

After doing all of that, what happens? The child, who don't forget, is developing and growing all the time, gets a chemical reaction within it and perhaps a biological surge of testosterone, endorphins or some chemical or the other and it all goes horribly wrong! Liken it to getting pissed or stoned (if that is your want). Lots of drunks and druggies behave very inappropriately and won't change back to a responsible individuals at a second's notice no matter what their mates or companions say. So why do you think a kid will? It then comes down to the parent's skill in coping with the situation at that instant. They might be feeling shit, full of a cold, hungover, stressed, tired from dealing with all this shit, made redundant, dumped by a partner, fresh from an argument etc etc. Will they always make the right decision?

So, next time you see a kid going off on one, please don't be so quick to judge the kid or the parent, because upon reflection, you might find that you wouldn't know what the fuck to do either!

Paul

P.S. This wasn't a rant at Jim or anyone else who has posted thus far. It was just meant as food for thought.
Nice one.Well put.
'Can i have my mic stand back please?You might do yourself an injury and get it stuck in somewhere'
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

Whenever i have any of my 9 step nephews round our house to see my stepdad and there crying, whenever i enter the room they immediantley stop crying just stare at me and look horrified like im some sort of axe murderer, then whenever im incharge of them which is very rareley they go for my glasses. Infact several conversations are

Kids mum step sister "Where's izzy?" to my mum mum "i left her with Adam for a few minutes" step sister "You left her with Adam????".
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

pigeon wrote:...whenever im incharge of them which is very rareley they go for my glasses.

:smt005 Fucken hillarious image Adam, if you don't mind me saying.

And, nice one paulinblack, whoever thought you'd turn out to be the Voice Of Reason on here :lol:
An erudite and compassionate response to Arfur's playful shit-stirring.
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'
APOLLO79
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by APOLLO79 »

Alias wrote:
pigeon wrote:...whenever im incharge of them which is very rareley they go for my glasses.

:smt005 Fucken hillarious image Adam, if you don't mind me saying.

And, nice one paulinblack, whoever thought you'd turn out to be the Voice Of Reason on here :lol:
An erudite and compassionate response to Arfur's playful shit-stirring.
:grin: Well said..... :wink:
'Can i have my mic stand back please?You might do yourself an injury and get it stuck in somewhere'
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

theraven1979 wrote:That's why we don't have em!

Jim
paulinblack wrote:

Jim
And that's the problem every parent faces! Its quite interesting listening to people without kids talking about what they would do with kids if they had them.
Yes indeed . A decision I came to also very early in life . Probably too selfish myself to want to bend to the will of others in that respect - so I don't have any either . Luckily my girlfriend has 2 , left home and got kids of their own , she doesn't want any and that suits me fine . We can go running , racing or on holiday any time we like pretty much no problems ( Gordon Brown taxing to the hilt permitting ) .

As for the BMW driver first mentioned - should have twatted the c*nt . One of my hates in life - ignorant drivers , AND they always seem to be in BMW's .
All quiet ..........
unbroken69
Ugly
Ugly

Post by unbroken69 »

paulinblack wrote:

Jim

Paul

Paul , no its not a rant but I can´t help feeling that a certain amount of people, probably the same Daily Mail readers , who are encouraging child abuse on this thread, would be the same cunts who would demand hanging for the perpetrators of the shit they spout.

Knobs.
Oh the bliss, oh the pleasure caressing your ears.