The Official - Tour de France Thread - 2010

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Gene Regulation
Rats Rally

Re: The Official - Tour de France Thread - 2010

Post by Gene Regulation »

LAFOLIE wrote:Yes you are right. Great win today for thomas voeckler from Team Bbox Telecom. Thomas is a class rider and show us today why he is indeed the French National Champion.
Forby the sideshow about Yellow, it was a fabulous win by Voeckler. On the subject of the sideshow, I believe Stephen Roche was in agreement about the attack when Schlecks chain came off. You can see it coming of with the change of gear, defo rider error/mechanc getting his balls chewed on that one.
TAFKA TrampinBlack
Gene Regulation
Rats Rally

I pissed myself laughing when Armstrong got gubbed in the sprint arriving in Pau.
TAFKA TrampinBlack
LAFOLIE
Ugly
Ugly

Post by LAFOLIE »

I think Bbox Bouygues Telecom have had a great tour. Two stage wins and a king of the mountans! Also, pipped old Armstrong at the post. Armstrong really has showed himself up as a total cock....have a look at this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQsqS-mY3jI
I am the knot that slips from the loop

I am the earth that conquers the root
Gene Regulation
Rats Rally

LAFOLIE wrote:Armstrong really has showed himself up as a total cock....have a look at this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQsqS-mY3jI
If he did that to me he'd just get the old " Hey, fannybaws, dae that tae me again & I'll shove yer 10 grand bike up yer @rse!"

Form is not infinite, class is permanent.
TAFKA TrampinBlack
LAFOLIE
Ugly
Ugly

Post by LAFOLIE »

Gene Regulation
Rats Rally

On reading that, it only confirmed my view of LA. He rides for no one else but himself.

As he retires at the seasons end, (Sunday in his book), you'll find that team Radioshack will disband & its riders go their separate ways. Time caught up with him last year, & the gap between him, & the current crop of "elite" riders, has this year grown into a chasm. The lack of a Radioshack team leader, to get behind & work for, in this tour has been blatantly obvious.

Bear in mind, that, the Tour Sastre won in 2008 did not include the reigning Champion, in Contador. He being excluded due to Astana's previous seasons riders, & management, being involved in a doping scandal. As if he had, Contador may well have been on the cusp of No. 4 victory this Sunday, at the age of 27, not No.3.
TAFKA TrampinBlack
Gene Regulation
Rats Rally

Contador took 31 secs out of Schleck in the ITT, the gap now stands at 39. So much for the "He should have waited" posse.
TAFKA TrampinBlack
LAFOLIE
Ugly
Ugly

Post by LAFOLIE »

Looks like a done deal then.

LAFOLIE
Ugly
Ugly

Post by LAFOLIE »

Its the last day ! :cry: :cry: :cry:

LAFOLIE
Ugly
Ugly

Post by LAFOLIE »

Well, thats it Folks, they finished in Paris this afternoon. Cavendish won the sprint but the green jersey is still in Italian hands, care of Alessandro Petacchi. As for the yellow, yes, Contador has now three yellow jerseys in his collection. Andy came 2nd, but he sure is a future yellow jersey holder. Lance has gone home with his tail between his legs. I think Team Radio Shack will disband. Its been a great tour and a hard tour! Cadel Evans completing the tour with a broken arm must be praised. The Tour really is, blood, sweat and tears!

For those of you who have the tour blues....there is a 2 hour wrap up on Monday evening on channel 24!

Gene Regulation
Rats Rally

LAFOLIE wrote:Well, thats it Folks, they finished in Paris this afternoon. Cavendish won the sprint but the green jersey is still in Italian hands, care of Alessandro Petacchi. As for the yellow, yes, Contador has now three yellow jerseys in his collection. Andy came 2nd, but he sure is a future yellow jersey holder. Lance has gone home with his tail between his legs. I think Team Radio Shack will disband. Its been a great tour and a hard tour! Cadel Evans completing the tour with a broken arm must be praised. The Tour really is, blood, sweat and tears!

For those of you who have the tour blues....there is a 2 hour wrap up on Monday evening on channel 24!
I was really pissed off with LA & Radioshack trying to take all the headlines with their "illegal" tops. It was funny watching Lance's puss tripping him when the race commissars told them "Change, or you're out!"

Nice to see Petacchi win Green though. One of the few men to have won the points jersy on all three Grand Tours (Giro, Le Tour & Vuelta). Makes a difference from the usual Italian attitude, of winning 5 stages, then climbing off and going home, when they can haul their backsides over the mountains in Italy in May.
All for the vanity of believing their own race is superior.

Don't worry about the withdrawl symptoms, la Vuelta a España starts on Saturday, 28th of August, :wink:
& Radioshack aint been invited! :lol: :lol: :lol:
TAFKA TrampinBlack
LAFOLIE
Ugly
Ugly

Post by LAFOLIE »

Gene Regulation wrote:
LAFOLIE wrote:Well, thats it Folks, they finished in Paris this afternoon. Cavendish won the sprint but the green jersey is still in Italian hands, care of Alessandro Petacchi. As for the yellow, yes, Contador has now three yellow jerseys in his collection. Andy came 2nd, but he sure is a future yellow jersey holder. Lance has gone home with his tail between his legs. I think Team Radio Shack will disband. Its been a great tour and a hard tour! Cadel Evans completing the tour with a broken arm must be praised. The Tour really is, blood, sweat and tears!

I was really pissed off with LA & Radioshack trying to take all the headlines with their "illegal" tops. It was funny watching Lance's puss tripping him when the race commissars told them "Change, or you're out!"

Nice to see Petacchi win Green though. One of the few men to have won the points jersy on all three Grand Tours (Giro, Le Tour & Vuelta). Makes a difference from the usual Italian attitude, of winning 5 stages, then climbing off and going home, when they can haul their backsides over the mountains in Italy in May.
All for the vanity of believing their own race is superior.

Don't worry about the withdrawl symptoms, la Vuelta a España starts on Saturday, 28th of August, :wink:
& Radioshack aint been invited! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fantastic!!!!!!