Rage Against The “X-Factor”

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

wadey

Re: Rage Against The “X-Factor”

Post by wadey »

Your posts are getting longer and more fascinating.
The Nosferatu
Ugly
Ugly

Post by The Nosferatu »

yes, cowell is ruining music, not single handedly but hes a contributing factor to the "demeeeeeezzzzzeeee"of music. Does it bother me ? no because to me music has been dead for years, its been unravelling since the 80s.
Cnut ? I think you're mistaken, it's CUNT.
unbroken69
Ugly
Ugly

Post by unbroken69 »

The Nosferatu wrote:yes, cowell is ruining music, not single handedly but hes a contributing factor to the "demeeeeeezzzzzeeee"of music. Does it bother me ? no because to me music has been dead for years, its been unravelling since the 80s.
But surely the advant of the internet helped re-ignite the music industry. During the later part of the nineties I lost a lot of interest in music, nothing seemed to get me interested, I could only listen to maybe two hours of music a week on the radio that suited my tastes.

The internet has opened new avenues for me and now I buy as much music as I did in the 1980´s. You can now hear bands on-line who don´t have recording contracts and nevertheless when you see them play live the venues are sold out. It is this sort of progress that the corporate music industry is fighting against. It´s not coincidental that the acts standing behind the music industry are the less talented acts such like Lilly Allen who objects to having to work for a living like 99% of proper artists.

It is unlikely that if the Digital Economy Bill is passed experiments like "Hooverdam" will be repeated which really could spell the end for artists who make the corporate bastards a small profit instead of a huge one.
Oh the bliss, oh the pleasure caressing your ears.
The Nosferatu
Ugly
Ugly

Post by The Nosferatu »

I agree pigeon, the internet has totally made music more accessible, and i love listening to spotify and trying out new bands, but when i say new i mean old stuff that is "new" to me, that ive never heard before. in terms of new bands and new music even stuff thats non mainstream (that ive heard) its mainly all mediocre, tuneless, bollocks.
wadey

Post by wadey »

As long as we all like what we like, it doesn't really matter does it? If one dislikes pop music do not listen to the radio, simple as that. The music business, since pop arrived, has always been about money, and in my opinion there is still some good pop music around these days, a lot better than the majority of 80s and 90s pop for sure. And all this nonsense that file sharing is destroying the industry is balls! Are you telling me that everyone who downloads a free mp3 of an album from a dodgy site were definately going to buy it anyway? A lot of it is greed and that's why I admire Charles K from IH so much, as explained in the book, he has a real good view on how to combat this decline in sales. There are other ways to make money, for sure. A lot of artists should look at ilegal mp3s as a plus sometimes, as it is all more exposure for your music, and much of the downloads are going to folk who may not have forked out a tenner to buy it..
The Nosferatu
Ugly
Ugly

Post by The Nosferatu »

one question wades, who's charles K from IH ?

illegal downloads for bands is a two edged sword, yes more exposure, but its also ripping you off somewhat.
jem750
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jem750 »

:smt026

You can download for just 29p from Amazon! And a portion goes to charideeee
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Killing-In-The- ... hf_p_img_1

Rage Against The Machine's Tom Morello has said that beating the X Factor single to Christmas number one will be a "wonderful dose of anarchy".
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8415750.stm

Whether or not you give a flying fuck about the charts it would be great to wipe the smugness off of cowells face, and show X factor winners they do not have a god given right to have the Xmas no.1

Jez
I Spend My Time Watching The Ocean....
Mr-Tele
Rats Rally

Post by Mr-Tele »

What about Enough Time as the Christmas number 1....
They’ve been cooking on Blue Peter
Now they’re sampling the dishes
“I don’t normally like tomatoes, John
But this is delicious”
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

X-Factor and the acts that appear on it , eevrything it represents - is quite irrelevant and pointless to me . Never watched it , never will .
All quiet ..........
Patinblack
Down In The Sewer

Post by Patinblack »

Personally couldn't give a shit what is number 1 at Christmas or any other time. Probably at least 25 years since I saw or was even interested in the charts. Who really cares if Simon Cowell shit factor songs tie up the charts every year.I agree with him though when he says the campaign to keep his song off the number one slot is stupid.

Best Xmas number one - my mum's dinner closely followed by Jonah Louis' Stop the Cavalry or The Ramones Merry Christmas
Climb her rope and find her trailer, In a Baroque Bordello
Organ Grinder
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Organ Grinder »

Someone told me Cowell owns the label that the Rage track belongs to. Any truth in this? Funny as fuck if it is!! :lol: :lol:
If Dave was to use a Hammond L100 for just one more gig I'd die content.