Paypal

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Ian9331
The Man They Love To Hate

Paypal

Post by Ian9331 »

Paypal.

Does anyone use this...? I'm sure you do as I do.

The thing is... I received an e.mail from them today and I do not really understand what it says. Has anyone else received an e.mail from Paypal?

I think it might be due to them charging for their service...??

Advice pse folks.
Maybe I'll find love when there's nothing to do........
paulinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Re: Paypal

Post by paulinblack »

Got the same think. Seems to related to fees for cross border purchases plus terms for conflict resolution.

Shouldnt worry about it.

Paul
G-L-O-S...Living in a flood plain!
jbinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jbinblack »

Be careful about scammers. In the past I've received what looked like official mail from Paypal, but I was wary of it as it kept asking me to update my credit card details or something saying the date was expired, which it had not, so forwarded it to Paypal and they confirmed it wasn't them.

Look for clues like..do they have the (c) copyright symbol beside the Paypal logo? Are they asking you for information you already gave them long ago? Are they using YOUR full name that you're registered under or just saying Dear Paypal customer?

Always read those things carefully. I just checked my email and I've got nothing from them, and I use Paypal at least 10 times a week.

Go to your Paypal account and check out the section on Spam and security stuff, it should help too.
Trust in God, but lock your car
ladpinblack

Post by ladpinblack »

I use Paypal loads and have never had a problem with it. Like JB says, be very careful of those emails. I ignore all emails from Paypal, and ebay too. If I want to check anything out I just log onto the site and look for myself. Never click on a link in an email.
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

ladpinblack wrote:I use Paypal loads and have never had a problem with it. Like JB says, be very careful of those emails. I ignore all emails from Paypal, and ebay too. If I want to check anything out I just log onto the site and look for myself. Never click on a link in an email.
Sound advice :smile:
I used paypal for ebay purchases when I was stocking up on Vinyl, but now I've got all that I want have not used it in months.

Still get lots of emails though :smt013
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
**Dutchess**
Rats Rally

Post by **Dutchess** »

I received a mail like that too. It seems they have changed some things in their user license concerning privacy and sharing your data with third parties. Supposedly it's all only as measures against fraud, checking things with banks and such, but it makes me feel a bit uncomfortable anyway :?

Mariet
Image The European Female Is Here
zontar
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by zontar »

You're correct, JB, the "dear customer" line is a giveaway that it's bogus. Same deal w/eBay.