Dr Who The Waters Of Mars

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

mickinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Dr Who The Waters Of Mars

Post by mickinblack »

Have to say tonights DR Who was great..its was bit differant to the normal Dr Who but have to say the BBC can be proud of themselfs not only with this episode but with all of what they have done with the DR since he came back..
Im so looking forward to the xmas specials The master is back and i belive up to his worst also ruour has it that the Rani is set to be in it,dont hold me to taht thhis the rumour in the Dr who world, Always liked the Rani she was a evil cow lol..
paulinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Re: Dr Who The Waters Of Mars

Post by paulinblack »

Just finished it on iplayer. Bit scary in parts! To me it needed a little but more at the end, Why did him buggering everything up mean he was going to die. Bit of a tenuous link there. Still, much better than some of the previous 1 offs.

Paul
G-L-O-S...Living in a flood plain!
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

Bloody excellent episode!

Best one for a long time, roll on the two xmas specials. 8)
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
themaninblack1963
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by themaninblack1963 »

I enjoyed it and it scared the kids excellent!!! :twisted:
Come on you Warriors!!!
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

mickinblack wrote:Have to say tonights DR Who was great..its was bit differant to the normal Dr Who but have to say the BBC can be proud of themselfs not only with this episode but with all of what they have done with the DR since he came back..
Im so looking forward to the xmas specials The master is back and i belive up to his worst also ruour has it that the Rani is set to be in it,dont hold me to taht thhis the rumour in the Dr who world, Always liked the Rani she was a evil cow lol..
Sooooooo ..... he is the last Time Lord in existance .

Apart from the Rani and The Master . :shock: .

A very good story last night , but not quite the most frightening ever as led to believe . Very good none the less .
All quiet ..........
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

Usual Doctor Who for me, started off good and lost it by the end.
Stopped watching when Cathrine Tate joined, but enjoyed the specials.

Pedantic corner: See how they never wanted any of that mad water stuff to reach Earth? ("Just one drop!!!")
Yon wee GadgetGadget guy got soaked in it, then was wheeled aboard the Tardis with the rest of them.
How does that work then? :smt102
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

The special effects were brilliant though, world class. Changed days from the wobbly
cardboard sets and rubbishy monsters with visible zips up the back running about the same
feckin' quarry every week.
And I liked the "Bowie Base" reference :lol:
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Bloody hell those water geezer twunts were scary! fell a bloody sleep though, gonna watch the rest on iPlayer innit.
parasiteinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by parasiteinblack »

gizzard wrote:Bloody excellent episode!

Best one for a long time, roll on the two xmas specials. 8)
Seconded. I liked Tate in Series 4 but I think last night was the best since either Blink or the 3-part finale to series 3. I liked it when he went mad, reminded me of the time he tried to kill Peri in "the twin dilemma".
"I woke up on a good day, and the world was wonderful"
mickinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by mickinblack »

Yes when the Dr went a bit mad that was great, maybe The Dr is really Davros in the future..
The BBC efects for this show can rival anything hollywood have was a great story i thought, i seen a clip on the xmas specials master id def in it and has blond hair we are to expect a few surpises in this Dr finale oh and catrine tate is back too for this xmas specials...
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

Having not read anything about it before watching, I sussed The Master would be back with the 4 knocks reference 8)

Thought they could have kept a bit more back from the trailer for Crimbo special though?
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

What was with the Ood bloke?