The first film that scared the crap out of you...

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

APOLLO79
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Re: The first film that scared the crap out of you...

Post by APOLLO79 »

:shock: I do believe i woke up screamin cos of that cunt. :shock: Scarred me for life the little Antipodean bally dancing fuck that he is. . . . Played it well though. . :shock:
'Can i have my mic stand back please?You might do yourself an injury and get it stuck in somewhere'
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Y'know I'd never seen the bit right at the end - For some reason I must've always switched the telly off before that final scene so imagine my surprise one evening when that suddenly appeared ! :grin:

Jim
miserablewoman wrote:Carrie ... when the film was first shown on TV ... surprised my Dad let me watch it actually ... that night I kept dreaming that there was a blood soaked girl in the wardrobe trying to get out. :shock: The grabbing hand at the end still always makes me jump ...
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
theraven1970
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by theraven1970 »

I remember being terrified by Salem's Lot as a kid when I sneaked downstairs to watch it on telly. I would agree about the ending to Carrie, when that hand comes up out the ground I nearly hit the ceiling.
Greetings, fellow Stranglers fans.
NMH1965
Ugly
Ugly

Post by NMH1965 »

where-eagles-dare-poster.jpg
where-eagles-dare-poster.jpg (51.09 KiB) Viewed 407 times

I know this film put off cable cars at a very young age, still don't like them to this day! :grin:

:?
The day is sticky yellow!!
dan-electro
Ugly
Ugly

Post by dan-electro »

I remember watching a Dickens Christmas Story shown on BBC2 In 1976 called "The Signalman" which featured this ghoulish figure at the mouth of a railway tunnel. He warned the signalman that something bad was going to happen. It didn't show the ghosts face until near the end but when I saw it I had bloody nightmares for weeks. Salems Lot was also spooky especially the floating vampires tapping on their victims bedroom windows, that was a few weeks of having your eyes fixed on your bedrooms windows at night. The childcatcher from chitty chitty bang bang and the witch from the wizard of oz were my earlist memories of being shit scared though!! :(
Hugh - "We had gangs of skinheads coming along trying to cause problems and stuff"
Rick Wakeman - "How did you deal with it?"
Hugh - "Our bass player used to jump off the stage and beat the shit out of them!"
**Dutchess**
Rats Rally

Post by **Dutchess** »

Don't laugh, but it was The Rescuers, which I saw in the cinema as a kid. It had this scene where a diamond was hidden in a skull, and I was in a phase where I was extremely scared of anything that had to with skeletons, skulls and mummies... So that scene was really scary for me. I'm glad I grew out of that phase after a few years!

Mariet
Image The European Female Is Here
mantheylovetohate
The Raven
The Raven

Post by mantheylovetohate »

theraven1970 wrote:I remember being terrified by Salem's Lot as a kid
Spot on Jim. The 2 bits that did it for me were the kid floating outside the window & the bit where the vampire comes into the kitchen. Scary stuff...
Did someone say "Wonky"?
ceebs
Rats Rally

Post by ceebs »

The Haunting, the 1963 orginal version was one which scared me when i was younger. Saw it as paert of one of the Horror Double Bills in BBC2 which seemed to be on every saturday, and the scene where Eleanor are Theo are trapped in their room while something pounds on the walls and door was one which scared me for a while! Its such a good film though, one of these rare ones which manages to be scary but actually shows you next to nothing by way of actual spooks!
No dreams go in, no dreams go out, of the hole in his wrinkled head.
Kathinboots
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Kathinboots »

I remember watching Salem's Lot late one night on holiday when I was about 12 in a draughty, crumbly cottage in the middle of nowhere in Scotland - wind howling outside, rain hammering down etc. I was bloody petrified. The Changeling with George C Scott spooked me too.
Boogie now, Dave!
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

It is very interesting. I had forgotten how scared I was by the child snatcher in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. A horrific individual when he first came on scene.

And then that fucker moment in Jaws (as Apollo 79 makes reference to) when the head floats out of the bottom of the boat. :shock:

Horrible. :oops:
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
NMH1965
Ugly
Ugly

Post by NMH1965 »

Kathinboots wrote:I remember watching Salem's Lot late one night on holiday when I was about 12 in a draughty, crumbly cottage in the middle of nowhere in Scotland - wind howling outside, rain hammering down etc. I was bloody petrified. The Changeling with George C Scott spooked me too.
Its scary going to Scotland a the best of times, but going as 12 year old must have been really frightening!! :grin:

The day is sticky yellow!!
Kathinboots
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Kathinboots »

NMH1965 wrote:
Kathinboots wrote:I remember watching Salem's Lot late one night on holiday when I was about 12 in a draughty, crumbly cottage in the middle of nowhere in Scotland - wind howling outside, rain hammering down etc. I was bloody petrified. The Changeling with George C Scott spooked me too.
Its scary going to Scotland a the best of times, but going as 12 year old must have been really frightening!! :grin:

Tell me about it. I still break out in a cold sweat every time I hear a Scottish accent. Or see a tin of shortbread.
Boogie now, Dave!