Hands Up All Those Who Have Swine Flu.....

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

cassydale
The Man They Love To Hate

Hands Up All Those Who Have Swine Flu.....

Post by cassydale »

So just me then ........

I was rough as fuck last friday,Aching all over( Felt like i had had a good kicking ),Tired,Rediculously bad stomach cramps,Far too many trips to the loo etc etc and by saturday morning i was a completely fucked.So after checking the appropriate website and confirmed i had around two thirds of the symptoms and a phone call was made.

After answering all their questions the guy on the other end confirmed the worst and gave me my reference number for the tamiflu stuff and gave me the "stay indoors" speach.

So here i am on Monday bored to tears but one bit of good news is i just got a free uprade to virgin media,s XL package for 1 month so at least i got a better choice of telly to watch now.

I hope none of you guys get this as its fucking awful.

Stay well and enjoy the upcoming gigs guys and gals
John.H.

I Should Have Wrapped You Up And Kept You Safe,Instead I Turned My Back On You.
Tim
Ugly
Ugly

Re: Hands Up All Those Who Have Swine Flu.....

Post by Tim »

its funny...I went on to the NHS website and ticked all the options to say there was nothing wrong with me.....and at the end it said...."swine flu" :mrgreen:

what's the difference between swine flu and normal flu that you can diagnose over the dog and bone??? I don't get it
your brain's exposed and its starting to show your rotten thoughts YUK!
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

Did they give you any oinkment :oops: :lol:

Sorry mate!

Did you come out in a nasty rasher? :oops: :lol:

Seriously though hope you're feeling better soon! 8)
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

I've been getting sweats, sore throat, aching ribs and feeling drained over the last few days.

But I'm just putting it down to the day/gig on Friday.
Copious amounts of ale consumed(with little to eat), jumping about like a dafty at the front, singing? at the top of my voice for 1 and a half hours and walking home in the early hours of the morning soaking wet, apart from being awake since 0530 that day.
I could do it 20 years ago no problems :mrgreen: , but my metabolism has slowed since then :smt011
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
fourth horseman
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by fourth horseman »

Swine flu is nothing compared to man flu :lol:
Shove it up yer bollocks then!
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I had Man Flu last week - Had to take a day off work (very rare for me). It started off with a sore throat (to the point where I cold barely swallow) - I kinda ignored it then a day later I had stomach cramps (stomach was constantly churning), headaches the lot. It wasn't swine flu though.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

cassydale wrote:So just me then ........

I was rough as fuck last friday,Aching all over( Felt like i had had a good kicking ),Tired,Rediculously bad stomach cramps,Far too many trips to the loo etc etc and by saturday morning i was a completely fucked.So after checking the appropriate website and confirmed i had around two thirds of the symptoms and a phone call was made.

After answering all their questions the guy on the other end confirmed the worst and gave me my reference number for the tamiflu stuff and gave me the "stay indoors" speach.

So here i am on Monday bored to tears but one bit of good news is i just got a free uprade to virgin media,s XL package for 1 month so at least i got a better choice of telly to watch now.

I hope none of you guys get this as its fucking awful.

Stay well and enjoy the upcoming gigs guys and gals

Cheers mate, and you get good fast too :wink: Keep us posted.
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

Toiler On The Sea wrote:I've been getting sweats, sore throat, aching ribs and feeling drained over the last few days.

But I'm just putting it down to the day/gig on Friday.
Copious amounts of ale consumed(with little to eat), jumping about like a dafty at the front, singing? at the top of my voice for 1 and a half hours and walking home in the early hours of the morning soaking wet, apart from being awake since 0530 that day.
I could do it 20 years ago no problems :mrgreen: , but my metabolism has slowed since then :smt011

I've been feeling like that too Davie, with the added bonus of going deaf in one ear yesterday too. Fingers crossed
it's back by Thursday. I put my sore throat down to all the shouting and singing too, along with all them fags smoked an all.
Not the dread flu though- You're not allowed to go to the docs these days if you're showing symptoms, and I had to, as instructed, use their handwash as I went into the surgery, and also coming back out again.
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'
mickinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by mickinblack »

Well today i have the symptoms of a flu,well i think its the common cold
Runny nose,headache eyes watering,no aches pains no cramps in stomavh and dont feel sick.So i say its just the common cold,And here in Ireland it dont seem as big a problem as you in the uk..
And were nurse claire to help us all in our times of need he he.
Dom P
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by Dom P »

Eddy Burnel deux wrote:its funny...I went on to the NHS website and ticked all the options to say there was nothing wrong with me.....and at the end it said...."swine flu" :mrgreen:

what's the difference between swine flu and normal flu that you can diagnose over the dog and bone??? I don't get it
There is no difference, it's a hoax.
"I think you guys are going to have to come up with some wonderful new lies, or people just aren't going to want to go on living." -- Slaughterhouse-Five
Tim
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Tim »

i think i belie :lol: ve you Dom
your brain's exposed and its starting to show your rotten thoughts YUK!
Dom P
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by Dom P »

Eddy Burnel deux wrote:i think i belie :lol: ve you Dom
Do. US pharmaceutical company Baxter managed to patent a vaccine for H1N1 some six months before it was officially 'discovered' in Mexico. Clever eh? 8)

http://www.theoneclickgroup.co.uk/news. ... 1#newspost

edit to add url reference
"I think you guys are going to have to come up with some wonderful new lies, or people just aren't going to want to go on living." -- Slaughterhouse-Five