Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

airflamesred
The Man They Love To Hate

Re: Last book read

Post by airflamesred »

Bag Lady wrote: 03 Oct 2020, 21:57
airflamesred wrote: 03 Oct 2020, 21:44
Bag Lady wrote: 03 Oct 2020, 21:02 Broken Greek by Pete Paphides. A story of chip shops and pop songs.
describes his younger self as having a phobia of Dave.
How in the world would one discover they had a phobia of Dave? Surely proximity to Dave is a prerequisite.
As seen on TV and grouped with fears of Rod Hull and Emu, Little Jimmy Osmond and biting into mushrooms.
"Dave Greenfield, jabbing at his keyboard while looking straight ahead with what seemed, beyond doubt, to be the eyes of a murderer - an effect somehow compounded by the army surplus boiler suit"
Perhaps, but a phobia it maketh not.
On a side note : I purchased a German helicopter pilot suit a few years ago, as a genuine alternative to yer common or garden boiler suit. Not too dissimilar to the one Dave used to wear, pockets, zips where not required, you get the picture, but very comfortable.
Bag Lady
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by Bag Lady »

airflamesred wrote: 03 Oct 2020, 22:22
airflamesred wrote: 03 Oct 2020, 21:44

How in the world would one discover they had a phobia of Dave? Surely proximity to Dave is a prerequisite.
As seen on TV and grouped with fears of Rod Hull and Emu, Little Jimmy Osmond and biting into mushrooms.
"Dave Greenfield, jabbing at his keyboard while looking straight ahead with what seemed, beyond doubt, to be the eyes of a murderer - an effect somehow compounded by the army surplus boiler suit"
On a side note : I purchased a German helicopter pilot suit a few years ago, as a genuine alternative to yer common or garden boiler suit. Not too dissimilar to the one Dave used to wear, pockets, zips where not required, you get the picture, but very comfortable.
Could I suggest that perhaps you pop it on and arrange to discuss the definition of phobia with Pete Paphides?
No one can win against kipple.
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

Bag Lady wrote: 03 Oct 2020, 22:27
airflamesred wrote: 03 Oct 2020, 22:22

Could I suggest that perhaps you pop it on and arrange to discuss the definition of phobia with Pete Paphides?
:lol: :smt007
Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Currently reading and nearly finished - The 48 Laws Of Power by Robert Greene.
Halifax Linda
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Halifax Linda »

Just finished The Outsiders Steven king.
Before that some man who supposedly infiltrated the Hell's Angels and passed on information to the FBI!!!
Just why would you do that?
Now onto the true story of Line Of Duty Police Corruption.
droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by droopsnoot »

I've just finished "The Arctic Event" by Robert Ludlum and James Cobb, very enjoyable. Bomber crashes on a remote island in the fifties, has a deadly cargo which various groups are trying to recover.
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall
cerdan6899
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by cerdan6899 »

Currently half way through Empire of the Summer Moon. Some gruesome tales described.
i want something good to die for, to make it beautiful to live
MiB81
The Raven
The Raven

Post by MiB81 »

As well as the 2 or 3 I've got on the boil, I got the following for crimbo-
I Wanna Be Yours by John Cooper Clark
Tall tales... by Billy Connolly and
Shuggie Bain by Douglas Stuart
Also just ordered Remain in Love by Chris Franz.
Thank fuck for the 2nd lockdown :wink:
...I'm making lists of all the people I love,
and all the cunts that should fuck off...
jonimac
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by jonimac »

I’ve got less than two hours left in the nearly ten hour audiobook version of Steven Wilson’s kinda-autobiography. I listen to a lot of podcasts, including his excellent Album Years podcast, and also audiobooks, and with him reading it, I thought I’d go for that format.
So far has surpassed expectations, as a music geek like myself can buy into similar geekery (is that a word?).
Not a conventional biog, as it has plenty of lists and other background which details the many influences of his music.
And any book that pays homage to XTC is ok by me.

I was also very pleased to discover that one his first memories of buying singles was “5 Minutes”
From Glasgow, the centre of Stranglermania (copyright Strangled 1982)
cassini
Ugly
Ugly

Post by cassini »

The Eighth Life - very relevant for the time we are currently living in.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

The Bible .
Five Minutes
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Five Minutes »

Did You No Wrong

About the "Pete Best of punk" Wally Nightingale.
Last time I came here a friend of mine just got triple-jacked over a steeplehammer and jessop jessop jessop jessop jessop