Last Cd or download bought.

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Sword sparkle
The Man They Love To Hate

Last Cd or download bought.

Post by Sword sparkle »

I have just purchased Kala by MIA.
Mainly on the strength of the single Paper planes.
It seems pretty good so far.
Yarp.
When I say ugly I don't mean rough looking I mean hideoussssss
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Re: Last Cd or download bought.

Post by Bobinblack »

Dub Side of the Moon - a reggae version of the Floyd (Pink not Keith) Dark Side of the Moon. It's by a collective called the Easy Star All Stars apparently, and it's ace.

Also bought the soundtrack of Filth and the Fury Pistols flick, which is ace as you'd expect too.
Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

Last bought was The Stranglers The Meninblackinbrugge, are they charging for downloads now??? :lol: :lol:

Last by other means was OST Midnight Cowboy.
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
saminblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by saminblack »

...had the U2 album bought me for my birthday. Pleasantly surprised to be honest. Not the biggest fan after liking them in the old days but there is some quality on this 'ere record.

Three good albums this year already in my opinion - Springsteen, Morrissey and now U2. Good start to 2009.
They'll be called the survivors..you know why?....cos they're gonna survive
Black Leather Jacket

Post by Black Leather Jacket »

Love the Morrissey album,really like The Friendly Fires album but White Lies album is superb.

Sounds like a cross between Teardrop Explodes/Cope & The Killers.Love it!
Home is a black leather jacket
Fitting sweetly to my brain!
C r a s s !
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by C r a s s ! »

Oasis - Dig Out YOur Soul - well worth the purchase. Best album they've done in YEARS!!!

http://www.strangled.co.uk/ The unofficial Stranglers site.

ravenlunatic
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by ravenlunatic »

Probably Suite 16 on the day it came out................ fek me, 2006! :?

On no hang on I did buy that PPP thing by Hugh when that came out...........in 2006..............christ 2 in one year, no wonder I've eased up a bit since then.
I tried to make him laugh, He didn't get the joke, and then he said I wasn't right in the head.
parasiteinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by parasiteinblack »

Today I bought the latest album by Amy Studt, not bad at all. Also the reissued Old New Borrowed and Blue by Slade and the Saturday's verion of Just Can't Get Enough.... not very credible today but oh well.
In response to the original post, did you get the double disc version of Kala? you're not missing out on too much if not, mos tof the good stuff's on the main album. Paper Planes, Jimmy, Hussel etc....
"I woke up on a good day, and the world was wonderful"
MULLY
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by MULLY »

parasiteinblack wrote:....and the Saturday's verion of Just Can't Get Enough.... not very credible today but oh well.

Don't think I could get enough either :wink:

Credible cause though - for 'chariddy' and all that.
Allow me to re-arrange your face, sometimes I'd really like to get to know you better
Sword sparkle

Post by Sword sparkle »

parasiteinblack wrote:Today I bought the latest album by Amy Studt, not bad at all. Also the reissued Old New Borrowed and Blue by Slade and the Saturday's verion of Just Can't Get Enough.... not very credible today but oh well.
In response to the original post, did you get the double disc version of Kala? you're not missing out on too much if not, mos tof the good stuff's on the main album. Paper Planes, Jimmy, Hussel etc....
Yeah I did get the double disc version, twas £8.00 for single disc or £8.99 for double one. As you say all the decent tracks are on the main CD.
Yarp.
When I say ugly I don't mean rough looking I mean hideoussssss
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

saminblack wrote:
Three good albums this year already in my opinion - Springsteen, Morrissey and now U2. Good start to 2009.
Snap!

Although I have'nt yet played the Springsteen one :?

U2's album is feckin ace! Their best IMO since The Joshua Tree. :smt001
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
paulinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by paulinblack »

parasiteinblack wrote:Today I bought the latest album by Amy Studt, not bad at all. Also the reissued Old New Borrowed and Blue by Slade and the Saturday's verion of Just Can't Get Enough.... not very credible today but oh well.

Thought I'd go with the flow and download some of that MIA stuff. Listen to about 30 sec of Paper Planes and thought, yeah, thats ok. After listening to 30 secs of several other tracks I came to the conclusion that I'm too old for this repetitive shit! :oops:

Paul
G-L-O-S...Living in a flood plain!