Level Crossings.

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: Level Crossings.

Post by PaulinLondon »

pigeon wrote:Its a toss up between Croydon and Manchester for Trams possibly Croydon for me because you can get mowed down by a Tram in Manchester at any time.
I am with you on this Pigeon.

Crossing a tram line in central Manchester virtually requires a life insurance policy of if's own.

Well spotted !
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
Bag Lady
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by Bag Lady »

I am not a fan of the level crossing at Farnham. The road is badly angled over it and there is a side road joining just before the gates that can be a nightmare to get out of to join the road crossing the rails.
No one can win against kipple.
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

Bag Lady wrote:I am not a fan of the level crossing at Farnham. The road is badly angled over it and there is a side road joining just before the gates that can be a nightmare to get out of to join the road crossing the rails.
Before the pissheads log on here later on, why not write to the Council concerned and register your annoyance/complaint ?

Just a thought.
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
Bag Lady
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by Bag Lady »

PaulinLondon wrote:
Bag Lady wrote:I am not a fan of the level crossing at Farnham. The road is badly angled over it and there is a side road joining just before the gates that can be a nightmare to get out of to join the road crossing the rails.
Before the pissheads log on here later on, why not write to the Council concerned and register your annoyance/complaint ?

Just a thought.
I have spent most of the evening engaged in a lively discussion* with a county councillor and don't think I can be arsed with that sort any further at present, thank you.

*I won btw
Bag Lady
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by Bag Lady »

Happier level crossing thoughts: to enter the Weyfest site you first have to pass the Gurkha security guards before crossing the track of the light railway that runs around the site, often having to wait at the level crossing for the train to pass by. Does any other music festival provide that?
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

Bag Lady wrote:Happier level crossing thoughts: to enter the Weyfest site you first have to pass the Gurkha security guards before crossing the track of the light railway that runs around the site, often having to wait at the level crossing for the train to pass by. Does any other music festival provide that?
Awesome !
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

I'm sad and very sorry to announce the sudden and untimely death of my neighbour Terry Biscuit & his Greyhound Timmy. He passed away today after a tragic accident at the Level Crossings in Barkers Lane, Dogsbury while waiting on his trusty bicycle for an Express Train to pass through the Level Crossings. A 30 kilo's block of Blue-Ice jettisoned from a passing Passenger Jet en-route to Disneyland fell on to his head instantly killing him & Timmy the Greyhound.

My thoughts go out to his grieving parents Mr & Mrs Trevor Biscuit.

R.I.P Terry Biscuit & little Timmy... :smt022

Bernie
Last edited by Burn e 77 on 06 Jun 2016, 04:38, edited 3 times in total.
Something better change!
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

Burn e 77 wrote:I'm sad and very sorry to announce the sudden and untimely death of my neighbour Terry Biscuit & his Greyhound little Timmy. He passed away today after a tragic accident at the Level Crossings in Barkers Lane, Dogsbury while waiting on his trusty bicycle for an Express Train to pass through the Level Crossings. A 30 kilo's block of Blue-Ice jettisoned from a passing Passenger Jet en-route to Disney land fell on to his head instantly killing him & little Timmy the Greyhound.

Bernie
The Funeral Service for Terry Biscuit & his beloved Greyhound little Timmy will take place on Tuesday morning at Dogsbury Crematorium at 11:00am. All are welcome... :smt022
Bernie
Last edited by Burn e 77 on 06 Jun 2016, 04:39, edited 3 times in total.
Something better change!
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

Burn e 77 wrote:
Burn e 77 wrote:I'm sad and very sorry to announce the sudden and untimely death of my neighbour Terry Biscuit & his Greyhound little Timmy. He passed away today after a tragic accident at the Level Crossings in Barkers Lane, Dogsbury while waiting on his trusty bicycle for an Express Train to pass through the Level Crossings. A 30 kilo's block of Blue-Ice jettisoned from a passing Passenger Jet en-route to Disney Land fell on to his head instantly killing him & little Timmy the Greyhound.

Bernie
PS. The Funeral Service for Terry Biscuit & little Timmy will take place on Tuesday morning at Dogsbury Crematorium at 11:00am. All are welcome... :smt022
Bernie
PPS. Terry Biscuit's beloved Greyhound little Timmy will be buried in a separate service, Mr & Mrs Trevor Biscuit thought it only right that little Timmy be buried by his favourite tree. The burial will take place on Tuesday at 12:30 lunchtime, this will give ample time for Terry's mourners (friends & family) to make their way to the large Oak Tree outside Mr Tarquin Saveloy's Butchers shop in Wolfs Road (which is conveniently situated opposite The Jolly Fisherman Public House where the Wake for Terry Biscuit will take place at 12:45 exactly) where little Timmy's beloved tree is located. All are welcome... :smt022
Bernie
Last edited by Burn e 77 on 06 Jun 2016, 04:40, edited 5 times in total.
Something better change!
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Looks like you're enjoying yourself on this thread Bernie!

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

theraven1979 wrote:Looks like you're enjoying yourself on this thread Bernie!

Glad that someone is.
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

theraven1979 wrote:Looks like you're enjoying yourself on this thread Bernie!

Yes, indeed I am Jim... a very happy bunny! :grin:

Unlike my poor recently departed neighbour Terry Biscuit, who tragically along with his trusted and beloved companion little Timmy the Greyhound was unceremoniously flattened like a pancake by 30 kilo's of Blue-Ice (dropped by an overhead passing Passenger Jet en-route to Disneyland) while innocently waiting at the Level Crossings in Barkers Lane Dogsbury :cry: :cry:
Bernie
Something better change!