Spotify

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

jonimac
The Man They Love To Hate

Spotify

Post by jonimac »

Been playing with this all day - it's incredible. It's a small download,then it becomes an online jukebox with literally millions of songs - most of the MiB catalogue is on it for starters.
You can sign up for free, and just have to listen to 1 advert every 10 songs - big deal?
Or 99p for 24 hours access, or £9.99 for a full months access.

Just remember it's streaming music - not downloaded, but with so much to listen to, who cares?
From Glasgow, the centre of Stranglermania (copyright Strangled 1982)
paulinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Re: Spotify

Post by paulinblack »

How strange! I was reading about this earlier and went to have a play. Decided against it as I have lots and lots of stuff already downloaded.

I expect it will go the way of Napster and all other free things. Once there are enough people signed up and hooked they will start charging for all levels of access.

Paul
G-L-O-S...Living in a flood plain!
jonimac

Post by jonimac »

paulinblack wrote:How strange!
I expect it will go the way of Napster and all other free things. Once there are enough people signed up and hooked they will start charging for all levels of access.

Paul
Quite possibly but at the moment I've got a laptop connect to my hifi and it's bloody amazing. Navigation is simple, sound quality is excellent and instant - no buffering. Apart from the Beatles and Pink Floyd, most things seem to be on it.

Did make me wonder, if you paid £120 for a year, with an access to virtually everything at home, who needs the big hard disk?

If they hopefully get a mobile version, the sky's the limit - the music streams at 160 kps, which most mobile networks have.
From Glasgow, the centre of Stranglermania (copyright Strangled 1982)
Black Leather Jacket

Post by Black Leather Jacket »

Yeah,I've seen this.Not a bad idea but I play most of my music whilst driving these days so prefer to download and burn cds.
Home is a black leather jacket
Fitting sweetly to my brain!
yellowcakeuf6
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by yellowcakeuf6 »

I knew I needed an excuse to connect me Logitech speakers up to me PC. Nice one jonimac.......had heard rumours but, seriously folks, for a small download, this is featurerichtastic! 8)

Anyone want to buy a 2 year old Technics HI-FI?

"Bitching 'bout the loves we had!" Feckin' marvellous! 8) 8) 8)
Organ Grinder
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Organ Grinder »

This could be just the ticket for me having just spent 2 days burning half my CD's to my iplayer on the ole lappy last week which has eaten a fair chunk of GByte.

Also, I still need to get a device for connecting my lappy to my hi-fi speakers - any recommendations?
If Dave was to use a Hammond L100 for just one more gig I'd die content.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

Ive just got this recently and I've got to say this is bloody brilliant. I think the only Stranglers album that doesnt seem to be on here is Norfolk Coast?
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

Pretty sure Spotify have already gone down the 'get them to sign up for free then start restricting/charging for access' route, only to see people abandon them.
Hence the re-launch of the free streaming.
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
Cricklewood

Post by Cricklewood »

jason wrote:Ive just got this recently and I've got to say this is bloody brilliant. I think the only Stranglers album that doesnt seem to be on here is Norfolk Coast?
That's too bad. They used to have it along with the two singles + B-sides. Giant's & Gems doesn't contain that album too so I wonder what happened...
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

Does anyone else ever find the music too slow in places on Spotify? Im guessing it's down to the broadband signal strength?
Lafleur
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Lafleur »

Cricklewood wrote: 25 Mar 2014, 22:27
jason wrote:Ive just got this recently and I've got to say this is bloody brilliant. I think the only Stranglers album that doesnt seem to be on here is Norfolk Coast?
That's too bad. They used to have it along with the two singles + B-sides. Giant's & Gems doesn't contain that album too so I wonder what happened...
"Coup de Grace" is the other album which isn't on Spotify. Wonder why?
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

It is on there Lafleur.