Horror films

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

christopher
The Man They Love To Hate

Horror films

Post by christopher »

Well I was really hacked off at the new Omen film.
Its just the same as the old one apart from diffrent actors, what a load of shite :evil: :evil:

Then Saturdays offering with" Ill be back "Arnie Swatzanigger more pish.
Mind you Gabriel Bryne as old nick was good. He did have some good lines. :twisted: :twisted:
hugh says"what ever happend to guilford high street"
Fuck knows to far away for me to see........
ceebs
Rats Rally

Re: Horror films

Post by ceebs »

The Omen remake was appalling. Really started to grate how they had the colour red really obviously appearing when something spooky was about to happen. Just a really pointless remake i thought?

Havent seen all of End Of Days with Arnie, but from what i have seen its another of these horror films that thinks loud explosions = lots of horror? Prefer my horror films to be a little more subtle than that.

Anyone got any recommendations for decent horror films?
No dreams go in, no dreams go out, of the hole in his wrinkled head.
Moneo
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Moneo »

ceebs wrote:Anyone got any recommendations for decent horror films?
Oh yes! John Carpenters: The Thing (1982) is a masterpiece. My fav. movie. Worth seeing for sure!
MANUINBLACK

Post by MANUINBLACK »

Moneo wrote:
ceebs wrote:Anyone got any recommendations for decent horror films?
Oh yes! John Carpenters: The Thing (1982) is a masterpiece. My fav. movie. Worth seeing for sure!
Still the best horror film of that genre ever made (although Alien goes close) :smt023
well that was amazing,its taken him all day to learn that bass solo
suchi
Ugly
Ugly

Post by suchi »

christopher wrote:Well I was really hacked off at the new Omen film.
Its just the same as the old one apart from diffrent actors, what a load of shite :evil: :evil:

Then Saturdays offering with" Ill be back "Arnie Swatzanigger more pish.
Mind you Gabriel Bryne as old nick was good. He did have some good lines. :twisted: :twisted:

Shouldn't this be on the Horror Films thread?
Isolate the critisism and pass it on.
Ian9331

Post by Ian9331 »

Gotta be Hostel 1 & 2 for me.

Enjoyed them so much I went to Slovakia - Bratislava (on a previous thread when I was there).

The place is very much like the film - beautiful bulildings, girls etc.... but as for the Horror.... NONE.

Some of the nicest people I have ever met. I'll be back next year.

Hostel 1 & 2 great films though.
Maybe I'll find love when there's nothing to do........
christopher

Post by christopher »

Been thinking about this , I think the best horror I have seen was the exorcist, . :twisted: :twisted:
hugh says"what ever happend to guilford high street"
Fuck knows to far away for me to see........
Niki Wu
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Niki Wu »

Does anyone remember The Possession of Joel Delaney?

Incidentally one of the scariest stories I was ever told was by a priest in the states.It was around halloween and we were staying at my aunt's, not that far from Salem, near Hog Island which had belonged to her husband's family. At the tender age of 12 he , having said mass,sat me down to a blueberry muffin breakfast in his kitchen and recounted how, as a young priest in New York City, he had been called to give a final blessing to a murder victim only to find the body dismembered. Apparently he had to go fishing about in a refuse sack full of body parts to find the head in order to annoint it.
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

I haven't yet seen the remake of The Omen, I don't see the point when the original was so good, its the same with The Wickerman. I must admit I haven't seen very many horror films of recent decades that I thought were all that, maye Shaun of the Dead and that's more of a comedy than anything else.

I would go for Horror mostly from the 1930's to the 1970's personally.
Old Angus

Post by Old Angus »

Most of the "horror" films from the last 15 years or so have been pretty crap to be honest. They're either being played for laughs or just plain stupid.

If you like psychological horror then The Changeling (not the new one out now, this has George C. Scott as the lead) is a shit hot film.
-------------------------------------------------------------
SEGONTIUM SEARCHERS

Genealogy & Local History Research Service

www.segontium.com
Kathinboots
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Kathinboots »

Old Angus wrote:Most of the "horror" films from the last 15 years or so have been pretty crap to be honest. They're either being played for laughs or just plain stupid.

If you like psychological horror then The Changeling (not the new one out now, this has George C. Scott as the lead) is a shit hot film.

I love that film! I remember when I first saw it. Spooky as shit. Especially the "banging" bits. :? (not THAT kind of banging, obviously... that's a different kind of film)
Boogie now, Dave!