Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

DVD Connection Advice. Help please.

Post by PaulinLondon »

Hi there.

I am in a spot of bother and crave your advice or suggestions.

I recently purchased a very good and very cheap DVD player which is made by some unknown Korean company. It has received rave reviews for its quality of sound and picture and its ease of use. The front panel fascia is very simple with only the slot for the DVD, a play button, a fast forward button, a rewind button, a stop button and a pause button.

I have taken the machine out of its packaging and also note that there is an instruction manual which is actually just one single side of A4 paper and which briefly talks you through the connection process and how to work the machine.

My only problem is linking it to the television (to view the DVDs). There is a one spare lead (about one and a half feet long) in the packaging but I don’t know what this is for.

Can anyone help ? Sorry to trouble you but I am really flummoxed with this one.

There’s also some weird little green “LED” digital display on the front panel. It’s about one inch long and half an inch high. What the hell is that for ?

Many thanks.
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

Over to you Nick.....

Of course, you could always undo it, take the trackball out, clean it, put it back in.

That should do it.

Yours bleedin'obviously,

Alias.
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'
icecube
Ugly
Ugly

Re: DVD Connection Advice. Help please.

Post by icecube »

PaulinLondon wrote:Hi there.

My only problem is linking it to the television (to view the DVDs). There is a one spare lead (about one and a half feet long) in the packaging but I don’t know what this is for.

Many thanks.
No need to link to TV.
Just take the dvd out of the case, hold up to the light and you can generally (doesn't work 100% every time, like but) get a good view that way.

:lol:

Tip, make sure it's not a dvd that Rodders has prepared (you'll have a room full of these, I'm sure). For this to work proper, like, you need a proper (no offence Rodders, mate) factory produced dvd.
This can't be undone

gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
CRB
Down In The Sewer

Post by CRB »

icecube - what it that video in your signature ?
Home is a black leather jacket
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: DVD Connection Advice. Help please.

Post by PaulinLondon »

icecube wrote:No need to link to TV.
Just take the dvd out of the case, hold up to the light and you can generally (doesn't work 100% every time, like but) get a good view that way.

Wow. Thanks for that. That works.

"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.