Who's Renewed their Season ticket?

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

seeingtree
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by seeingtree »

I've renewed my Celtic ones. I'm looking forward with dread to another season arguing with the man sitting behind me about the merits of the team and the manager. :evil:
Hammer
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Hammer »

NMH1965 wrote:
Hammer wrote:After years of having a season ticket with West Ham I have finally decided not to bother this year. Ours would have been £810 each this year and as my wife comes too that is £1620. Along with that travelling down from Shropshire at least 19 times a season made for a pretty expensive obsession. But more than anything else I just feel the Premier league as a whole has completely lost touch with the fans, and I'm not willing to fork out to watch some really average football. there are no real mavericks in the game anymore, or maybe that's just me getting old. :(
What's surprised me most is that I thought I would be having second thoughts by now, but I'm not.
I'll be going to watch London Wasps (sorry Georgie, Wycombe Wasps) a few times next season as my Dad played for them many years ago.
I regularly go and see the mighty Sunderland as often as possible. And apart from being still,one of the worst places to visit out of all the London clubs, WHU is also the most expensive for away fans!!

:?
I'm curious as to why West Ham is such a bad awayday? I've often chatted to Sunderland fans, before and after a game at upton park and they've never had any problems. As for the prices, couldn't agree more, however unlike at some grounds(Birmingham springs to mind) they charge the same for home fans as away fans.
To offend, or be offended is purely subjective.
Baronvon
Rats Rally

Post by Baronvon »

Haven't renewed but I have got a season ticket at Nottingham Forest along with my old man.

Used to go to as many games as I could in previous years but now I've got a car and more money I can afford even more punishment.
Hmmmm...
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

I'll be going to Nottingham Forrest away this season. I havent been there since 2000 i think it was and the game eneded in a draw. 1-1 I love forrest for the ppl the've produced Clough, Pearce, Roy keane.
cassydale

Post by cassydale »

helgy wrote:It's a footy matter but it looks like Rotherham are fucked .
...And Luton !!

Got mine for 'Dale and even though we nearly managed the elusive "P" word last year via the play offs im not very confident of us doing any better this year.

Playoffs again at best i think.
John.H.

I Should Have Wrapped You Up And Kept You Safe,Instead I Turned My Back On You.
MANUINBLACK

Post by MANUINBLACK »

Hammer wrote:After years of having a season ticket with West Ham I have finally decided not to bother this year. Ours would have been £810 each this year and as my wife comes too that is £1620. Along with that travelling down from Shropshire at least 19 times a season made for a pretty expensive obsession. But more than anything else I just feel the Premier league as a whole has completely lost touch with the fans, and I'm not willing to fork out to watch some really average football. there are no real mavericks in the game anymore, or maybe that's just me getting old. :(
What's surprised me most is that I thought I would be having second thoughts by now, but I'm not.
I'll be going to watch London Wasps (sorry Georgie, Wycombe Wasps) a few times next season as my Dad played for them many years ago.
reckon you made a good decision there as i reckon it could be tough to be a happy hammer this year as the squad has'nt been strengthened this year.hope you stay in the prem though as you lot play a good style of footie (don't have a pop about tev please :grin: )
well that was amazing,its taken him all day to learn that bass solo
helgy
Ugly
Ugly

Post by helgy »

Got my 7 year old one yesterday £65 for 23 games not bad really.
Baronvon
Rats Rally

Post by Baronvon »

I'll be making use of my Forest season ticket for the first time tomorrow.

The main feeling inside me now is somewhere between excitement and sheer terror.
Hmmmm...
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

MANUINBLACK wrote:
reckon you made a good decision there as i reckon it could be tough to be a happy hammer this year as the squad has'nt been strengthened this year.hope you stay in the prem though as you lot play a good style of footie (don't have a pop about tev please :grin: )
Cheers mate, I fancy us to have another season of mid table mediocrity, as for Tevez he'll always get a good reception at Upton Park. :smile:
To offend, or be offended is purely subjective.