Good news Bad news

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

BazinBlack
The Man They Love To Hate

Good news Bad news

Post by BazinBlack »

First the good news, me the wife and the two kids are off to Spain on Monday for a well earned rest in the sun for two weeks 8)

Now the bad news :cry:

To go to Spain you have to register your passports prior to the flight so I got four passports out and began registering them, mine no probs, the wife no probs when to register the boys and they had run out by two months. My fault, I had it in my mind that they ran out next year. So tonight I rang the Passport office to arrange a speedy renewal, very speedy I hoped. Spoke with a nice lady who then went on to tell me there is a strike at the passport office, shit, but she would look at when I could get an appointment. London office no chance, Peterboro next Weds, shit, Newport fri, shit shit, Durham Weds again, shhhiittt. Wait a minute she says I can get you appointment for fri morning, horay. But its in Belfast :shock: So I booked an appointment for fri morning in Belfast and then rang my manager tonight to arrange a hasty day off. looked at flights but will need to fly out thurs night to deffo get there on time on fri. So flights booked hotel booked, and nearly £400 poorer I should have new passports on fri, and work from the holiday inn on fri morning.
So if you are going away check the passports, and Mully if you fancy a beer I will be at the bar of the holiday inn Belfast at about 11:00ish thursday night having a drop of the black stuff.

That was my tuesday night how was yours?

The truth is I won't settled until I get those bloody passports in my hand on fri, will let you know how I get on.

Bazza
Strolling along minding my own business.....
Organ Grinder
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Organ Grinder »

Sounds like dreadful business mate - mega sympathies to you!

My advice, for what it is worth, would be to double check what you need to take with you to Belfast and carry it with you on the flight, not in any checked-in baggage you might take cuz it's last chance saloon when you get there mate and the last thing you need is to lose the docs. And don't forget you'll need your passport to go to Belfast even tho it's still the UK.

Good luck.
If Dave was to use a Hammond L100 for just one more gig I'd die content.
BazinBlack

Post by BazinBlack »

Cheers OG,

as you say I will be double checking everything and keeping it with me at all times,

Bazza
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

Good luck Bazza. I was hearing something about this on the radio this morning.

Anyway, good luck. Would be good if you met Mully for a drink. 8)
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
The Bee
Rats Rally

Post by The Bee »

Just heard on RTE news that Passport office in Belfast gone on 3 day strike.
BazinBlack

Post by BazinBlack »

Yeah, even I had to double check again today but all appointments are being honoured.

Bazza
MULLY
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by MULLY »

Baz - hope the Belfast crew can get ya sorted 8)

Thursdays not the best night foe me - but I will try an pop my head in (if I get the chance)

Keep on like this Baz, and you might as well move over here!! :wink:

All the best

Mully
Allow me to re-arrange your face, sometimes I'd really like to get to know you better
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Nightmare - Oh well Scouts motto and all that

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Claireinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Claireinblack »

What a nightmare !!!
Hope you manage to get it all sorted out.
Claireinblack
kent
The Bee
Rats Rally

Post by The Bee »

On a plus side at least you'll turn up in Belfast :grin:
icecube
Ugly
Ugly

Post by icecube »

Had a similiar experience on the eve of our recent trip to Euro disney. Sympathy!

Opened the daughters passport to see that it had expired a week ago! Shit. Phoned the passport office, yes we can give you an appointment a week next Tuesday in Liverpool! Shit :shock:

Began totting up the cost of our wasted holiday, even thought about telling the missus! Decided to phone the passport office again, about 5 mins after the first call. Yes, we can offer you a cancellation in London tommorow morning!

Eventually got the passport (after rounding up the local Vicar to sign the form!) in London mid afternoon. Missed the initial Eurostar but got one (at no extra cost) in the afternoon. Lost half a day from our holiday.

Best of luck mate.

:lol:
This can't be undone

PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

icecube wrote: Eventually got the passport (after rounding up the local Vicar to sign the form!) in London mid afternoon. Missed the initial Eurostar but got one (at no extra cost) in the afternoon. Lost half a day from our holiday.
You should have rung me. We could have gone for a late morning curry.

:lol:
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.