Ugly

Re: Last Movie Watched

Post by unbroken69 »

Yes I mentioned this in the "troll" thread. Excellent film , great fun
sandyinblack wrote:TROLL HUNTER

you've got to watch it in the original Norwegian

A bit like Blair Witch with the shakey cam but a good amount of
special effects and loads of tounge firmly in cheek. :grin: :grin:
Oh the bliss, oh the pleasure caressing your ears.
unbroken69
Ugly
Ugly

Post by unbroken69 »

Thought Tree Of Life was ok, a bit disappointed that Mallick was exploring similar themes he had already dealt with in The Thin Red Line, such as nature continuing unabated despite mans interference. Also thought the dinosaur sequence was a but silly, although yes it was still different compared to the brainless Hollywood trash that fills the multi-plexes and the living room.

Loved Dreams Of A Life, intriguing and im not entirely sure that one or two of the contributors couldn´t shine more of a brighter light on Joyce Vincent´s death.
yongkuk wrote:Just watched Tree of Life, blew me away, fantastic stuff. Also Dreams of a Life documentary which was good, but very sad.
MULLY
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by MULLY »

Last night I attended the premiere of 'Good Vibrations' - the story of Terri Hooley and the development of the record store and the label.

Absolutely brilliant - I was somewhat dubious how it would be handled - but came out proud of what I had just seen. Richard Dormer as Hooley was superb.

Everyone in the aftershow party (which featured Protex, The Sabrejets and The Outcasts performing) hadn't a bad word to say.

Congratulations to all involved - it brought a smile to this old punkster's face.
Allow me to re-arrange your face, sometimes I'd really like to get to know you better
Derbyducks in Black
Rats Rally

Post by Derbyducks in Black »

just re-watched spinal tap

Cheers
David
Anyone seen Sir Winkler...
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

Check out "Enter the Void"... you won't be dissapointed :!: :wink: 8)
cheers
Burn e 77
Something better change!
unbroken69
Ugly
Ugly

Post by unbroken69 »

I saw it Burn e. I do have a lot of time for Gasper Noé. "Enter the Void" is a very trippy movie but could´ve done with a bit of a trim by an editor. I found the travel sequences particularly rather irritating. A couple of days after watching it, I saw the Leonard Cohen narrated documentary "The Tibetan Book Of The Dead", suddenly "Enter the Void" made more sense thematically.

@ Mully, got an e-mail this morning from someone who was not impressed with "Good Vibes" the movie, stating that it was "cliched", "full of urban myth" and "self congratulatory". Obviously I haven´t seen it so I will reserve judgement. I do rate Richard Dormer who I saw in the one man stage production of "Hurricane", playing Alex Higgins. He´s a very intersting actor and we used to move in the same circles back in the late 80´s and then in London in the early 90´s. Im glad it seems to be starting to happen for him as he´s always been an excellent acting talent.
Burn e 77 wrote:Check out "Enter the Void"... you won't be dissapointed :!: :wink: 8)
cheers
Burn e 77
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

unbroken69 wrote:I saw it Burn e. I do have a lot of time for Gasper Noé. "Enter the Void" is a very trippy movie but could´ve done with a bit of a trim by an editor. I found the travel sequences particularly rather irritating. A couple of days after watching it, I saw the Leonard Cohen narrated documentary "The Tibetan Book Of The Dead", suddenly "Enter the Void" made more sense thematically.

@ Mully, got an e-mail this morning from someone who was not impressed with "Good Vibes" the movie, stating that it was "cliched", "full of urban myth" and "self congratulatory". Obviously I haven´t seen it so I will reserve judgement. I do rate Richard Dormer who I saw in the one man stage production of "Hurricane", playing Alex Higgins. He´s a very intersting actor and we used to move in the same circles back in the late 80´s and then in London in the early 90´s. Im glad it seems to be starting to happen for him as he´s always been an excellent acting talent.
Burn e 77 wrote:Check out "Enter the Void"... you won't be dissapointed :!: :wink: 8)
cheers
Burn e 77
Totally agree with you unbrocken69... re: Void... editor required... plus better explanation of "SOUL DEPARTING" flight scenes.
cheers
Burn e 77
Something better change!
Rockula
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Rockula »

Last night I watched both 'War Horse' and 'Hugo'. I thought they both looked pretty but were otherwise vastly over rated. I'll have forgetton them in a week.

However, I also watched my new Blu Ray of the 1932 'Island of Lost Souls' (based on H.G. Wells 'The Island of Dr. Moreau') starring Charles Laughton and thought it was bloody fantastic. The new Hi-Def restoration is excellent and this 80 year old film still has the power to creep you out.
ManInBrown
Derbyducks in Black
Rats Rally

Post by Derbyducks in Black »

1-Screenshot-Island.of.Lost.Souls.1932-#1.jpg
1-Screenshot-Island.of.Lost.Souls.1932-#1.jpg (85.41 KiB) Viewed 716 times
Rockula wrote:However, I also watched my new Blu Ray of the 1932 'Island of Lost Souls' (based on H.G. Wells 'The Island of Dr. Moreau') starring Charles Laughton and thought it was bloody fantastic. The new Hi-Def restoration is excellent and this 80 year old film still has the power to creep you out.
saw that myself... :smt023

Cheers
David
Anyone seen Sir Winkler...
MULLY
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by MULLY »

unbroken69 wrote: Mully, got an e-mail this morning from someone who was not impressed with "Good Vibes" the movie, stating that it was "cliched", "full of urban myth" and "self congratulatory". Obviously I haven´t seen it so I will reserve judgement. I do rate Richard Dormer who I saw in the one man stage production of "Hurricane", playing Alex Higgins. He´s a very intersting actor and we used to move in the same circles back in the late 80´s and then in London in the early 90´s. Im glad it seems to be starting to happen for him as he´s always been an excellent acting talent.
It wasn't supposed to be a documentary and advertised as 'based on a true story'. However - there were enough true stories to give it kudos and definitely recognised many of the characters represented. Also having spoken to Brian (RUDI) and Greg (Outcasts) at the aftershow - they both rated it (and they were actually there).

Same as Page 3 of The Sun - you'll always get your knockers!!
Allow me to re-arrange your face, sometimes I'd really like to get to know you better
unbroken69
Ugly
Ugly

Post by unbroken69 »

Of course, a drama should play like exactly what it is, however again I haven´t seen it and will probably have to wait for the DVD as I can´t see it getting much of a release. Im surprised it´s not scheduled to 8) appear at forthcoming festivals. Is it getting much of a release in Northern Ireland?
MULLY wrote:
unbroken69 wrote: Mully, got an e-mail this morning from someone who was not impressed with "Good Vibes" the movie, stating that it was "cliched", "full of urban myth" and "self congratulatory". Obviously I haven´t seen it so I will reserve judgement. I do rate Richard Dormer who I saw in the one man stage production of "Hurricane", playing Alex Higgins. He´s a very intersting actor and we used to move in the same circles back in the late 80´s and then in London in the early 90´s. Im glad it seems to be starting to happen for him as he´s always been an excellent acting talent.
It wasn't supposed to be a documentary and advertised as 'based on a true story'. However - there were enough true stories to give it kudos and definitely recognised many of the characters represented. Also having spoken to Brian (RUDI) and Greg (Outcasts) at the aftershow - they both rated it (and they were actually there).

MULLY
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by MULLY »

unbroken69 wrote:Of course, a drama should play like exactly what it is, however again I haven´t seen it and will probably have to wait for the DVD as I can´t see it getting much of a release. Im surprised it´s not scheduled to 8) appear at forthcoming festivals. Is it getting much of a release in Northern Ireland?
MULLY wrote:
No general release as yet - but had to put on three shows in three venues for last nights showing.