Last Movie Watched

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

unbroken69
Ugly
Ugly

Re: Last Movie Watched

Post by unbroken69 »

Watched Case 39 as someone told me it was the scariest film they had ever see. I can ony assume that this recommendation was from someone who finds "bob the builder" tough going. Case 39 is dull, cliched and predictable, it´s saving graces are decent performances from Rene Zellweger and Ian McShane and perhaps one genuinely unsettling set piece. Otherwise file Case 39 under don´t bother.
Oh the bliss, oh the pleasure caressing your ears.
themaninblack1963
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by themaninblack1963 »

Just watched "Invictus" on a brilliant dvd copy, and the film is excellent, brilliant story.
Come on you Warriors!!!
Kathinboots
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Kathinboots »

jem750 wrote:
dreamtime101 wrote:Saw Inglorious Basterds the other night and thought it was excellent. The bloke who played the SS officer (Christophe Waltz) was brilliant.
Seconded!

Watched it at the weekend, was transfixed from the start to the end, film of the millenium!

Jez
Watched that the other week, enjoyed it. Daniel Bruhl's good in it too. He's also in Goodbye Lenin and The Edukators, fine films. Talking of German films, saw the Baader Meinhof Complex a while ago which is worth a watch.

Tonight I have mostly been watching Zombieland :P . The Bill Murray bit is very funny...

I just like zombies. :smt102
Boogie now, Dave!
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

Kathinboots wrote:I just like zombies. :smt102

Zombies fucken rock.
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'
gjinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by gjinblack »

Alias wrote:
Kathinboots wrote:I just like zombies. :smt102

Zombies fucken rock.
Seconded.
euromanc-ometh
Niki Wu
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Niki Wu »

I was unlucky enough to see this at home on DVD the other night.
To me it was like watching some super nerd's wet dream.
Tarantino has placed himself firmly in my estimation as the nerd of whom all other nerds, be they comic shop guys or gamers,are mere imitation.

I'd rather watch Kubrick.
unbroken69 wrote:
Jon the Impaler wrote:
dreamtime101 wrote:Saw Inglorious Basterds the other night and thought it was excellent. The bloke who played the SS officer (Christophe Waltz) was brilliant.
There's an old version of this film - well , same name anyway . Its one of those films thats so bad its almost good . Must be from the 80's . Don't know if the latest one is based on the old one .
Yes, the movie "The Inglorious Bastards", aka "Hell´s Heroes" or to give it´s original Italian release title "Quel Maledetto Treno Blindato" was a B movie released in 1978 about a group of bad ass GI´s about to be shifted to military jail for various crimes, they escape and try to make their way to Switzerland, killing Nazi´s in various degrees of nastiness along the way.

Tarantino wanted to ensure that his film was not seen a re-make, although it does have obvious similarities, hence the change in spelling of bastard to "Inglorious Basterds".

BTW. "Mesrine" is terrific
Black Leather Jacket
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Black Leather Jacket »

theraven1979 wrote:Just finished watching Telstar - not bad

Jim
Telstar is a great film - seen it 3 times.Thoroughly recommend it.
Home is a black leather jacket
Fitting sweetly to my brain!
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

If anyone has the inclination to watch 'The Road', save yourself the 1.5 Hours of your life, you know that you'll just not get back, after watching this utter drivel.

I was always told that a story should have a beginning, a middle and an end. This has none of those.
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
saminblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by saminblack »

Toiler On The Sea wrote:If anyone has the inclination to watch 'The Road', save yourself the 1.5 Hours of your life, you know that you'll just not get back, after watching this utter drivel.

I was always told that a story should have a beginning, a middle and an end. This has none of those.

We have a book club in the office (I know, I know...) and we read The Road as one of our reporters thought it was the best book she had ever read. Frankly I was bored to tears and could not beleive the rave review on the book jacket. As such the moment they announced a film I thought noooooooo!

Glad you confirmed my worst fears...
They'll be called the survivors..you know why?....cos they're gonna survive
jamesgreenfield
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by jamesgreenfield »

Hot Fuzz.....for about the 6th time and it still gets me. A classic British comedy, heaving under the wieght of stars and great gags. I like the fact that Baz got a small part in the movie as well.....yarp. :grin:

Last King of Scotland......excellent movie. Unusual storyline to say the least and based on a true story. Gripping and ultimately very chilling. :shock:
did somebody say wanker?
villainblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by villainblack »

Terminator salvation, CGI overkill, poor plot, wooden actors, but sounds superb in surround sound on MAX

this has got to be the last T film,
Please allow me to re-arrange your face sometimes
I'd really like to get to know you better
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

Finally got round to watching Dead Man's Shoes.
So good I'm gonna watch it again tonight 8)
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'