Dropping like flies but who next?

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

adam_neil
Ugly
Ugly

Post by adam_neil »

pigeon wrote:Margret thatcher .... hopefully.
And what harm exactly did Maggie ever do to you, eh?

No, more to the point how will you benefit from one ill old ladies passing?

One could argue MT has been dead ever since she was assassinated out of office by her own party. It seems she had nothing else to live for but politics. A political animal for sure. Poor ol' lass.

I'm surprised she has lasted this long.

What was that quote a certain Mr. Cornwell quipped at Dingwalls last year..?

Oh yeah I remember now.......

I won't fucking be there! Quite... :grin:

Adam

PS Hang on a minute, you did say 'Margret Thatcher' so hmmm maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree! :lol:
Tried to wipe you from my memory
I miss the pleasure of your company
Keninblack
Down In The Sewer

Post by Keninblack »

johnnyg1968 wrote:Amy winehouse or pete docherty would be good
Naaa, dieing is too good for them - what they need is a good kick in the arse.
FenDale
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by FenDale »

adam_neil wrote:
By having the mother of all parties to celebrate her passing. Adam, I take it you're too young to remember the hate and spite she brought to this country. People look back and say that she did "good" and "things needed to change" but surely no British Prime Minister has ever gone out of their way so much to grind the common man into the dirt and rape the country of its assets for the good of the wealthy few? :evil:

She is the epitome of the "greed is good" culture that was supposedly for the benefit of all - like bollox it was!

I for one will "party like it's 1999" when she dies and join in the massed choruses of "Ding, Dong the witch is dead"!
If Karen Carpenter had eaten Mama Cass' sandwich they'd both still be alive today!
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

adam_neil wrote:
And what harm exactly did Maggie ever do to you, eh?

One could argue MT has been dead ever since she was assassinated out of office by her own party. It seems she had nothing else to live for but politics. A political animal for sure. Poor ol' lass.

I'm surprised she has lasted this long.

What was that quote a certain Mr. Cornwell quipped at Dingwalls last year..?

Oh yeah I remember now.......

I won't fucking be there! Quite... :grin:

Adam

PS Hang on a minute, you did say 'Margret Thatcher' so hmmm maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree! :lol:
Who are you then, fucken Mark Thatcher? :lol:
When the late great Johnny Cash sang, "may you rot and burn in hell" about San Quentin prison, I always thought of Thatch too.
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'
adam_neil
Ugly
Ugly

Post by adam_neil »

FenDale wrote:
adam_neil wrote:
By having the mother of all parties to celebrate her passing. Adam, I take it you're too young to remember the hate and spite she brought to this country. People look back and say that she did "good" and "things needed to change" but surely no British Prime Minister has ever gone out of their way so much to grind the common man into the dirt and rape the country of its assets for the good of the wealthy few? :evil:

She is the epitome of the "greed is good" culture that was supposedly for the benefit of all - like bollox it was!

I for one will "party like it's 1999" when she dies and join in the massed choruses of "Ding, Dong the witch is dead"!
Oooh touchy, well at least I provoked a reaction, which is pleasing (exactly what I expected :lol: ). It quite amuses me when folk get on their high horse how bad Thatcher was when Gordon Brown is obviously a real genius - a fantastic servant to our shores and was such a brilliant Chancellor too. :roll:

But unless I'm going cabbage brained and totally losing my eyesight you're Fendale not Pigeon - my post was directed at him.

Adam
Tried to wipe you from my memory
I miss the pleasure of your company
FenDale
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by FenDale »

Indeed it was Adam, but for many of us that lived through "Thatcher's Britain" you will get that response and whilst it may amuse you it wasn't funny for the millions of lives she ruined.

I'm no supporter of Brown but he is not evil and vituperative in the same way as Thatcher - she was deliberately divisive, she wanted to crush huge parts of the population and she can never be forgiven for that.

There will be fawning from some when she eventually goes but equally there will be massive celebrations from many others.
If Karen Carpenter had eaten Mama Cass' sandwich they'd both still be alive today!
Organ Grinder
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Organ Grinder »

I can't imagine celebrating anyones death to be honest - seems a touch extreme to me that does. Any cause for celebration came and passed when she retired - I really don't think you have cause for fear anymore.
If Dave was to use a Hammond L100 for just one more gig I'd die content.
yellowcakeuf6
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by yellowcakeuf6 »

Organ Grinder wrote:I can't imagine celebrating anyones death to be honest - seems a touch extreme to me that does. Any cause for celebration came and passed when she retired - I really don't think you have cause for fear anymore.
Hear Hear young man......