Site Etiquette

Announcements about this board or the site will be made here by Jim.
User avatar
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite
Posts: 33826
Joined: 22 Dec 2001, 11:41
Location: Saltaire
Contact:

Site Etiquette

Post by theraven1979 » 03 Dec 2006, 18:14

As you know I don't really have any rules for the site as we're all responsible adults however, recently standards have started to slip. There's a few things that are beginning to piss me (and other forum members) off at the moment:-

- People bumping their post count with replies consisting of no text just smileys - or "good evening" *yawn*. Dunno why people are so obsessed with their post count as there's no prize for the most posts or anything. I do encourage people to post regularly but let's have some text/input !

- DO A FUCKING SEARCH before posting something - There's about 6 years or something of posts on this site. Chances are someone will have already posted a topic about Rattus etc. I appreciate some of the archive topics are locked - Please pm me and I will open the topic. I will start deleting topics if people can't be bothered to do a search. We do have ongoing topics for Jokes, Songs, etc so don't start a new topic.

- Show some respect for each other. No point kicking off if you're bored/annoyed with someone then either ignore their posts or use a bit of tact when replying. Monkeyboy I believe you owe Luke an apology.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"

User avatar
LUKEJAKE17
The Man They Love To Hate
Posts: 858
Joined: 30 Aug 2006, 23:36
Location: somewhere, united kingdom

Re: Site Etiquette

Post by LUKEJAKE17 » 04 Dec 2006, 01:05

theraven1979 wrote:As you know I don't really have any rules for the site as we're all responsible adults however, recently standards have started to slip. There's a few things that are beginning to piss me (and other forum members) off at the moment:-

- People bumping their post count with replies consisting of no text just smileys - or "good evening" *yawn*. Dunno why people are so obsessed with their post count as there's no prize for the most posts or anything. I do encourage people to post regularly but let's have some text/input !

- DO A FUCKING SEARCH before posting something - There's about 6 years or something of posts on this site. Chances are someone will have already posted a topic about Rattus etc. I appreciate some of the archive topics are locked - Please pm me and I will open the topic. I will start deleting topics if people can't be bothered to do a search. We do have ongoing topics for Jokes, Songs, etc so don't start a new topic.

- Show some respect for each other. No point kicking off if you're bored/annoyed with someone then either ignore their posts or use a bit of tact when replying. Monkeyboy I believe you owe Luke an apology.

Jim
i "sometimes" just leave a smiley or somethin because if you havent got anything particuarly say, and you dont wanna seem like your ignoring someone, its just like a way of saying "i hear ya" "i agree" see what i mean?
jj burnel finnally kills bono!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7n6qpRTb ... ers%201985

"ive just had earl gay and biccies at jj's house"

User avatar
scott
VERSATRAN SERIES F
Posts: 103
Joined: 29 Mar 2006, 04:14
Location: bermuda

Post by scott » 04 Dec 2006, 01:08

:-)

User avatar
LUKEJAKE17
The Man They Love To Hate
Posts: 858
Joined: 30 Aug 2006, 23:36
Location: somewhere, united kingdom

Post by LUKEJAKE17 » 04 Dec 2006, 01:11

scott wrote::-)
:smt023 haha! sorry raven!
jj burnel finnally kills bono!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7n6qpRTb ... ers%201985

"ive just had earl gay and biccies at jj's house"

Frank Castle
Ugly
Ugly
Posts: 1005
Joined: 25 Oct 2006, 18:31
Location: Erskine,Bonnie Scotland.

Post by Frank Castle » 04 Dec 2006, 07:16

I agree that MB owes young LJ a apology Jim,I detest bullying in any shape or form.As for politics in Forums,c'mon guys we are all adults here.Cyberspace spats are immature and futile,we agree to disagree sometimes.....we all love the best band in the world after all.

Frank Castle
Ugly
Ugly
Posts: 1005
Joined: 25 Oct 2006, 18:31
Location: Erskine,Bonnie Scotland.

Post by Frank Castle » 04 Dec 2006, 07:31

Anyway it is supposed to be the Season of Goodwill,so Seasons Greetings all Forum members and good people blessed with musical taste. :smt111

User avatar
LUKEJAKE17
The Man They Love To Hate
Posts: 858
Joined: 30 Aug 2006, 23:36
Location: somewhere, united kingdom

Post by LUKEJAKE17 » 04 Dec 2006, 08:29

Frank Castle wrote:Anyway it is supposed to be the Season of Goodwill,so Seasons Greetings all Forum members and good people blessed with musical taste. :smt111
:smt111 good post frank,
jj burnel finnally kills bono!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7n6qpRTb ... ers%201985

"ive just had earl gay and biccies at jj's house"

GRIFF
Ugly
Ugly
Posts: 1132
Joined: 24 Dec 2001, 20:34
Location: W.A.

feel the force luke..............

Post by GRIFF » 04 Dec 2006, 08:46

Lukejake is the man............................Mboy is a complete.......................well use your 21st century imagination......................IF YOU'VE GOT ANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Griff

GRIFF
Ugly
Ugly
Posts: 1132
Joined: 24 Dec 2001, 20:34
Location: W.A.

BOLLOX

Post by GRIFF » 04 Dec 2006, 08:52

Only I used to get away with such verbal diawotsitsname, and only when the poster is/was called paolo. Apart from that, there is no need and no justification for such posts. Maybe MBOY can explain his outburst?
Griff

User avatar
LUKEJAKE17
The Man They Love To Hate
Posts: 858
Joined: 30 Aug 2006, 23:36
Location: somewhere, united kingdom

Re: feel the force luke..............

Post by LUKEJAKE17 » 04 Dec 2006, 17:53

GRIFF wrote:Lukejake is the man............................Mboy is a complete.......................well use your 21st century imagination......................IF YOU'VE GOT ANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:smt023 thank you GRIFF!
jj burnel finnally kills bono!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7n6qpRTb ... ers%201985

"ive just had earl gay and biccies at jj's house"

northwinds
SHAKESPEARO
Posts: 35
Joined: 16 Jul 2005, 13:49

Post by northwinds » 05 Dec 2006, 02:26

'DO A FUCKING SEARCH before posting something' you call that polite etiquette Jim?

User avatar
LUKEJAKE17
The Man They Love To Hate
Posts: 858
Joined: 30 Aug 2006, 23:36
Location: somewhere, united kingdom

Post by LUKEJAKE17 » 05 Dec 2006, 02:37

northwinds wrote: 'DO A FUCKING SEARCH before posting something' you call that polite etiquette Jim?
:lol: :lol: :lol: i suppose he meant it well :lol:
jj burnel finnally kills bono!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7n6qpRTb ... ers%201985

"ive just had earl gay and biccies at jj's house"

Locked