MKI MKII MKIII ??!!!

Announcements by moderators will be posted here.
yellowcakeuf6
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Re: STRANGLERS MKI

Post by yellowcakeuf6 »

laurie wrote:WHY NOT END THIS THREAD NOW AND HAVE DONE WITH IT ?
Hold up, old mucker, what's your hurry? :o

I'd just like to say....................... :roll: Of course, it's entirely up to Jim as to the direction he'd like this wonderful Stranglers forum to go. Christ knows, I'm sure a high percentage of all of us members, past and present, wouldn't have been able to keep this place going. I appreciate entirely what a full-time occupation this has become. Why shouldn't Jim streamline it?

I'm basically a lazy cnut who doesn't want a shitload of bookmarks in my favourites and for the past 2 years, being a Stranglers fan of a 'few' years standing, all I've needed to do to find anything out is visit this place first.

Shit happens, I'll just have to get over it! 8)

I'll just have to get me act together and put a bit more effort in. There's room for all of us out there.

I also understand perfectly the posts in this thread, stating shock/dismay/upset at this turn of events. I've read all of them over and over again. Of course we're all pissed off that now we don't have everything grouped neatly together. Personally, I've always found 99.9% of posts, be they Mk1, Mk2, Mk3, Hugh, Paul, Baz even John Ellis, to be not over-inflamatory. But, it just goes to show how different we all are.

Shit, I'm more of a reader than poster, so I guess it won't affect me as much anyway.

For what it's worth..................I've found most of Hugh's solo work since Nosferatu to be a tad MoR! But, I'd rather listen to that, than most of the mindless drek that passes for popular contemporary music at the moment.

At the end of the day, I'm a Stranglers fan, whatever........... :wink:

There you go Laurie 8)
C r a s s !
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by C r a s s ! »

That's an astute remark Damian. I agree. Here, the blackness started as soon as it was decided to do The Meninblack! Things went awry, lots went wrong. It wasn't alot of fun. But it did pass :grin: ... maybe not for everyone though. Beware - don't look up at the skies if you don't wanna see something.

BTW - PCs are going kaputt! Back it up now.

This 'splitting' of the Mkssss is like life imitating art really? 8)
Damian wrote:Joking apart, have you noticed that since the MIB pdf has been muted things have been a bit strange site with the archiving of Mk 2 & 3 due to some silliness by some members,

What with Dom and the SBE recording incident?

When are our PC's going to blow up?

Who's going to be the first to end up in jail?

Weird..........strange chain of events.
http://www.strangled.co.uk/ The unofficial Stranglers site.

Dom P
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by Dom P »

It's just synchronicity, as CJ Jung would say. He believed in UFOs, and the collective unconscious...

I've run out of things to say on this subject....!

I'm off to listen to the Gospel for the fifth time this month....

(where's that fucking booze icon...!)
"I think you guys are going to have to come up with some wonderful new lies, or people just aren't going to want to go on living." -- Slaughterhouse-Five
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

To be honest I have no interest in Paul's solo stuff & Santana tribute band, same goes for Baz's stuff too.
They are two nice guys who I have met twice but I have no interest at all in their projects outside The Stranglers.
It will be good not to have to see any threads on that subject anymore.

Just an opinion like.
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote:To be honest I have no interest in Paul's solo stuff & Santana tribute band, same goes for Baz's stuff too.
They are two nice guys who I have met twice but I have no interest at all in their projects outside The Stranglers.

Just an opinion like.
Good point Arthur :grin:
However I feel the same regarding Hugh. there was no bigger fan than me when he was in The Stranglers but his solo stuff does nothing for me whatsoever!
I have all the albums studio and live but I hardly play them.

Getting back to this thread I'd just like to say that if it's ok with Jim I'm going to stay on here as it is a truly excellent forum and that he does a grand job. Still disappointing that there is no MK II or Mk III but I can can live with that(got myself registered on Alex's new one and that looks fine).

Heres to the future(and past) :grin:
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I actually don`t mind Baz's work and would love to see the guy solo again. However, I know exactly where you are coming from it's like you have committed the ultimate sin for not liking the solo efforts. There's a few people that don`t like Hugh's solo stuff. Fair enough.

I agree completely though and with Alex there shouldn`t be any solo posts relating to Baz or Paul on here they both have their own websites with forums/messageboards and this site is apparantly viewed as a negative forum. You`ve touched upon one of the many reasons for me making this change.

I hope some of you are still reading this thread and beginning to see where I`m coming from here. Thanks Arthur. Gonna upload you some Peter Cook stuff in a mo.

Jim
Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote:To be honest I have no interest in Paul's solo stuff & Santana tribute band, same goes for Baz's stuff too.

Just an opinion like.
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Glad to hear it Gizz

Jim
gizzard wrote: Getting back to this thread I'd just like to say that if it's ok with Jim I'm going to stay on here as it is a truly excellent forum and that he does a grand job.

Post by Guest »

So, can we have the link to Alex's site?? It would be good to visit his site too for current issues relating to the Stranglers.
Alenyx
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Alenyx »

theraven1979 wrote: I agree completely though and with Alex there shouldn`t be any solo posts relating to Baz or Paul on here they both have their own websites with forums/messageboards and this site is apparantly viewed as a negative forum. You`ve touched upon one of the many reasons for me making this change

I'd like to clear one last misunderstanding that must have come from the Soulsec thread.... I've never seen this site as negative in general. My comments only refered to a few other comments...
....and I come here as a private person only saying my personal opinion. Even though I maintain the Soulsec website I'm neither Paul's spokesperson nor his secret service....
I have no idea how he thinks about this site or the things that are discussed here or if he even knows about them... as we don't speak about these kind of things.
I am aware that some of my comments could be directly connected to Paul's opinion which is why I often just keep quiet to avoid misunderstandings. That doesn't always work though when you're idealistic and passionate about something... that is a bit of a conflict sometimes....
So if I ever offended anyone on here, I apologise it was never my intention .... There were some really interesting discussions on here which I enjoyed reading very much...
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Thanks Alex - I think any misunderstandings with regards to Paul will be off this site from now on.

Jim
daniellameijvis
Rats Rally

Post by daniellameijvis »

the link to Alex's site is,go and look @ the stranglers discusionforum
MK111 it's realy a good site SeeYouThere Daniella stranglers.proboards104.com/index.cgi?
DANIELLA
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: It will be good not to have to see any threads on that subject anymore.
Well, no one forces you to read those threads daft lad! :roll: