MKI MKII MKIII ??!!!

Announcements by moderators will be posted here.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

MKI MKII MKIII ??!!!

Post by theraven1979 »

OK been meaning to do this for a few months now but I've hanged fire for various reasons.

You will now see that the site has been archived off. Why the fuck have I done this? Many reasons:-

Firstly concerning MKII stuff - I believe pretty much all that needs to be said has been said about MKII. Any further conversations always seem to be negative and non-productive. For me it was a great time to see the band and The Stranglers MKII is the band I have seen more times than any band ever.

Secondly MKIII. Why have I decided to scrap this? Seems silly as MKIII is still going. Yeah *the* best Stranglers album "Norfolk Coast" for a long long time. However, recently I've received comments regarding this site about negative (and potentially damaging) opinions about MKIII - Not wanting to piss the band off in any way I'd like to put a stop to that and would like to encourage all MKIII conversations to the excellent sites out there that cater for MKIII activities - you have the Paul Roberts and Baz Warnes sites - very active and a real buzz is going on there. An unofficial site like this cannot really co-ordinate positive feedback/promotion etc associated with Stranglers MKIII activities.

So as I sit here at the end of Easter with an ale in hand I toast the success of this site into the future. I believe concentrating on MKI and Hugh solo is the way forward.

I realise there will be threads/topics that touch upon MKII, MKIII and a complete avoidence of MKII,MKIII is not what I am aiming for I just believe that exclusive MKII and MKIII conversations would be better placed on another site.

You'll also notice that I have'nt gone through all 3000+ topics in the archive and moved MKI into this area - Think I kinda pointed out why I haven't done that in the words 3000+ !! So I do realise we have a duplicate thread situation however if someone does a search and notices a locked MKI thread - PM me and I will move it across into MKI section for replies etc

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Bad move imho.

The 'solo' related sites don't cater for Stranglers fans as such. They aren't 'lively' at all forum/message board wise.

This is the site that brings us all together as Stranglers fans (past & present).

Still, it's your site. You might have thought about having a debate about this before u made any final decisions. Afterall some of us have funded this site!.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Yeah I've ran it passed a few people but as you say I have to concentrate on securing the sites future as people have funded the site. In doing this the site is on much safer ground.

Jim
ThruBeingCool wrote:Bad move imho.

The 'solo' related sites don't cater for Stranglers fans as such. They aren't 'lively' at all forum/message board wise.

This is the site that brings us all together as Stranglers fans (past & present).

Still, it's your site. You might have thought about having a debate about this before u made any final decisions. Afterall some of us have funded this site!.
Homer
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Homer »

I'm afraid I have to agree with Bazza. Is this because of your 'new' friendship with Hugh ?
So, are we not to discuss upcoming gigs,albums, and if so, where. Remember your excitement when you first heard 'Norfolk Coast', thro people on this site.I see where you're coming from Jim regarding upsetting the band etc, but its only things like people posting links to bootlegs,eg, the recent SBE gig, and selling copies of official stuff on eBay.But what about the members on here that sell un-official Hugh stuff, will that not jeoperdise your site.

So, in theory, should it be MK1 only, because Hugh has his own site as well, which should have a board to discuss Hugh stuff ? or is this now an extension of www.hughcornwell.com

I never visit the other strangs messageboards cos they're crap, are you trying to alienate MK3 fans, and keep the pro-Hugh.

Its a big step Jim, but, its your shout.

PS....when are you buying me that pint :-) xx
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Homer mate you're barking up the wrong tree - you know me a lot better than that. Hugh, JJ, Paul, Jet etc have nothing to do with this site - remember this is an UNOFFICIAL site and it will always remain so.

As for alienating MKIII fans - hang on mate I am a MKIII fan - I will gladly help anyone set up a MKIII forums site similar to this. There you go it's in black & white - Hey "Black & White" !! :lol:

Jim
Homer wrote:

I'm afraid I have to agree with Bazza. Is this because of your 'new' friendship with Hugh ?
So, are we not to discuss upcoming gigs,albums, and if so, where. Remember your excitement when you first heard 'Norfolk Coast', thro people on this site.I see where you're coming from Jim regarding upsetting the band etc, but its only things like people posting links to bootlegs,eg, the recent SBE gig, and selling copies of official stuff on eBay.But what about the members on here that sell un-official Hugh stuff, will that not jeoperdise your site.

So, in theory, should it be MK1 only, because Hugh has his own site as well, which should have a board to discuss Hugh stuff ? or is this now an extension of www.hughcornwell.com

I never visit the other strangs messageboards cos they're crap, are you trying to alienate MK3 fans, and keep the pro-Hugh.

Its a big step Jim, but, its your shout.

PS....when are you buying me that pint :-) xx
Homer
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Homer »

The thing is Jim......WHEN ARE YOU BUYING ME THAT PINT !!!!

Maybe going to see 'Death cab for cutie' at Leeds Uni in June, so you can buy me it then :lol:
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

:shock:

Whats going on?

I know this site is 'your baby' Jim but surely you can't just stop posting about the current line up(or even MK 11). As you say what else is there to say about MK 1?
This is the best site available for anything Stranglers related past or present and I'm not wasting my time on other inferior sites.
So what happens when there is a new album and tour to promote and we want to get the guys back in the charts(like with BTC) are we the fans not gonna bother?
Or is it a case of well it's never going to be the same as when Hugh was in the band.
Sorry but I agree with the others. Wrong choice but it's your site..

Maybe there could have been a poll..

The best thing about this site is that there are certain people 'in the know' regarding the band so we'd be aware of whats happening regarding the new album etc and now no ones gonna know.

Whats that old saying. If it ain't broke don't fix it. :(
Last edited by gizzard on 17 Apr 2006, 22:02, edited 1 time in total.
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
Homer
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Homer »

There you go it's in black & white - Hey "Black & White" !! :lol:

Jim

There, you go....strangs MK1 again :grin:
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Defo - why aren't you doing The Who Live @ Leeds with us in June? Come on man you can crash over and I'll buy you several pints!

Jim
Homer wrote:The thing is Jim......WHEN ARE YOU BUYING ME THAT PINT !!!!

Maybe going to see 'Death cab for cutie' at Leeds Uni in June, so you can buy me it then :lol:
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Gizz I see what you are saying mate and I realised this would crop up. I realise there is a potential void at the moment but I'm willing to help someone set up a MKIII forum. I kinda realised the forums can sometimes be detrimental with the recent Soulsec single topic - This along with other reasons is why I am taking the forums forward in this way.

Jim
gizzard wrote::shock:

Whats going on?

I know this site is 'your baby' Jim but surely you can just stop us posting about the current line up(or even MK 11). As you say what else is there to say about MK 1?
This is the best site available for anything Stranglers related past or present and I'm not wasting my time on other inferior sites.
So what happens when there is a new album and tour to promote and we want to get the guys back in the charts(like with BTC) are we the fans not gonna bother?
Or is it a case of well it's never going to be the same as when Hugh was in the band.
Sorry but I agree with the others. Wrong choice but it's your site..

Maybe there could have been a poll..

The best thing about this site is that there are certain people 'in the know' regarding the band so we'd be aware of whats happening regarding the new album etc and now no ones gonna know.

Whats that old saying. If it ain't broke don't fix it. :(
Alenyx
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Alenyx »

Why are people so keen on separating things? I thought this was a site about the Stranglers??!! I just don't get all this MKI MKII MKIII stuff... it's still one and the same band... line up changes happen in many bands... So what?? This should be about the music not about the band members...
:?:
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I agree with you there but splitting the forums down like this keeps people like you happy and gives me a much quieter life.

A recent topic that you and I were involved in confirmed my intentions to split the forums.

Jim
Alenyx wrote:Why are people so keen on separating things? I thought this was a site about the Stranglers??!! I just don't get all this MKI MKII MKIII stuff... it's still one and the same band... line up changes happen in many bands... So what?? This should be about the music not about the band members...
:?: