MKI MKII MKIII ??!!!

Announcements by moderators will be posted here.
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

During my 2 days in exile I had brief communication with the webmonkey and we cleared the air, I hope. Basically we agreed to disagree with the changes to the forums.

Personally, I thought (and still do think) that the strength of these forums was that they catered for all the various types of Stranglers fan. Everyone has their preferences regarding the various line-ups & solo activities of the band - which is how it should be.

To be honest, I don't think the solo sites really warrant a forum. There's not enough interest. This goes for Hugh as well as PR or Baz Warne sites. We're talking minority taste.They're great for basic info but a message board is not the same as a thriving forum.

I really can't see the reason for a Mk3 only forum either. Can u mention Hugh on there? Or John Ellis? Does anyone care?

Who needs a forum with limited subject matter?

The beauty of these forums was/is that everyone could chip in on all the different threads whether they were fans of mk this or mk that. All this, go there to discuss that etc....."I don't want to read this thread" - daft.IMHO.

Anyhow, I appreciate Jim has had to deal with shite that we don't all get to hear about and it is HIS site. I just think it's a real shame that 3 topics seem to be out of bounds. You can discuss any band & any topic in the world but BW, PR and Stranglers Mk3. The mind boggles!

But the world moves on! 8)

However, I can't understand why anyone would cease to stop posting or viewing these forums. I don't personally see myself as being from any particular pro this/anti-that 'camp' so I don't visit these forums to discuss any subject in particular. I simply respond to anything that I find interesting or amusing (The '4MoreHeroes Reformation Campaign ' thread always makes me smile! :lol: )etc . So as long as we all keep the threads lively & wide-ranging and fun, I have to say...

"Onwards & upwards Jim!" :grin:

Long Live 'Punkenstein!' :P

Viva Les Handbags! :?

btw. When the old PR V's HC debate rears it's ugly head again, where do we go for handbags? Here or Alenyx's site :?: :idea: :lol:
Preacher man
Rats Rally

Post by Preacher man »

i dont want to talk about the past and being there from the late 90's, i want 2 know whats going on now - stranglers mark 3

stranglers mk 1 is history , long live the stranglers
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

ThruBeingCool wrote:
Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: It will be good not to have to see any threads on that subject anymore.
Well, no one forces you to read those threads daft lad! :roll:
Didn't say they did yer daft girl. Less clutter the better, too much stuff to sift through.I would even get rid of a few of the forums if I was running it, make it all very minimal.

And Jim do summatt about that page!
RED text on BLACK background is NOT good.
http://www.themeninblack.co.uk/
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Use the 'Portal View' Arthur.....

then u only see the up to date stuff. Clutter & sifting becomes less of an issue.

What forums would you get rid of then?
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

From a UI prospective red on black is fine. What would you like yellow on white?! :lol: :grin:

Jim
Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote:
ThruBeingCool wrote:
Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: It will be good not to have to see any threads on that subject anymore.
Well, no one forces you to read those threads daft lad! :roll:
Didn't say they did yer daft girl. Less clutter the better, too much stuff to sift through.I would even get rid of a few of the forums if I was running it, make it all very minimal.

And Jim do summatt about that page!
RED text on BLACK background is NOT good.
http://www.themeninblack.co.uk/
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

ThruBeingCool wrote:Use the 'Portal View' Arthur.....

then u only see the up to date stuff. Clutter & sifting becomes less of an issue.

Aye good idea!

What forums would I get rid of?-
Tribute Bands
Rumours
Polls
Noob Test

and prob a few more.

It's not that bad really but I hate those forums you go to where they have so many different bloody forums and you have to scroll up & down all the time.

I guess I just like minimalism and saying that it would be less work for Jim. I guess it's just a matter of experimenting until you get it right and it looks right. Im not a web designer though so Jim you can tell me to piss off if you like!
Dom P
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by Dom P »

Is anyone interested in starting a MkI versus MkIII hate forum. Opinons on there strictly limited to those of an abusive and extreme nature regarding the various incarnations and which one is better.

I also reckon a Mk23 site is a good idea, where we debate whether it was a good idea to get George Michael to cover for Paul while he was on his Soulsec world tour....after all George was born in Finchley Memorial...

:grin: !only joking!
"I think you guys are going to have to come up with some wonderful new lies, or people just aren't going to want to go on living." -- Slaughterhouse-Five
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Yep I'm with you Arthur. I will be getting rid of Rumours. Tribute bands definately stays man!!

I come from the school of "everything on one page with no scroll bar" - This is difficult but I (like you) hate those "let's discuss EVERYTHING" forums.

Jim
Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote:
ThruBeingCool wrote:Use the 'Portal View' Arthur.....

Aye good idea!

What forums would I get rid of?-
Tribute Bands
Rumours
Polls
Noob Test

and prob a few more.

It's not that bad really but I hate those forums you go to where they have so many different bloody forums and you have to scroll up & down all the time.

I guess I just like minimalism and saying that it would be less work for Jim. I guess it's just a matter of experimenting until you get it right and it looks right. Im not a web designer though so Jim you can tell me to piss off if you like!
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Good idea what about

"I'm one of those fans from the North that quite likes Hugh circa 93 and I like MKII"
also
"I like The Stranglers but don't like wearing black" forums

There's real scope here.

Jim
Dom P wrote:Is anyone interested in starting a MkI versus MkIII hate forum. Opinons on there strictly limited to those of an abusive and extreme nature regarding the various incarnations and which one is better.

I also reckon a Mk23 site is a good idea, where we debate whether it was a good idea to get George Michael to cover for Paul while he was on his Soulsec world tour....after all George was born in Finchley Memorial...

:grin: !only joking!
Dom P
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by Dom P »

WANTED: Friend into hard core Stranglers: My fave albums are "Wired", "Written In Red" and "Coup de Grace"... When i go to gigs I wear stone wash jeans and a Hawaiian shirt. I am an account manager for a small Midlands second hand car dealership. I drink too much and am too scared to try drugs.. I take things way too seriously and like to threaten people on chat forums...care to join me on my trip into the occult...?
"I think you guys are going to have to come up with some wonderful new lies, or people just aren't going to want to go on living." -- Slaughterhouse-Five
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

haha first time I've laughed on here for a few days!

63 year old Brummy biker bloke requires 5 person forum for conversations about the Stranglers not being the stranglers anymore. Would like to just discuss the Rattus period whilst pleasuring my thai bride with the other hand. Drunken posts at 3 in the morning with a disturbing racist undercurrent essential but are forgiven the following day when we all laugh about the fact I was drunk. I'm 5ft 2 and blow over in the wind but behind my PC I act 6ft 5 and built like a brick shit house. Look forward to "chatting" to you.

:lol:

Jim

Disclaimer - Any portrayal of the above to anyone reading this is purely coinicidental - and slightly disturbing!!!!

Dom P wrote:WANTED: Friend into hard core Stranglers: My fave albums are "Wired", "Written In Red" and "Coup de Grace"... When i go to gigs I wear stone wash jeans and a Hawaiian shirt. I am an account manager for a small Midlands second hand car dealership. I drink too much and am too scared to try drugs.. I take things way too seriously and like to threaten people on chat forums...care to join me on my trip into the occult...?
Dom P
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by Dom P »

theraven1979 wrote:haha first time I've laughed on here for a few days!

63 year old Brummy biker bloke requires 5 person forum for conversations about the Stranglers not being the stranglers anymore. Would like to just discuss the Rattus period whilst pleasuring my thai bride with the other hand. Drunken posts at 3 in the morning with a disturbing racist undercurrent essential but are forgiven the following day when we all laugh about the fact I was drunk. I'm 5ft 2 and blow over in the wind but behind my PC I act 6ft 5 and built like a brick shit house. Look forward to "chatting" to you.

:lol:

Jim

Disclaimer - Any portrayal of the above to anyone reading this is purely coinicidental - and slightly disturbing!!!!

Dom P wrote:WANTED: Friend into hard core Stranglers: My fave albums are "Wired", "Written In Red" and "Coup de Grace"... When i go to gigs I wear stone wash jeans and a Hawaiian shirt. I am an account manager for a small Midlands second hand car dealership. I drink too much and am too scared to try drugs.. I take things way too seriously and like to threaten people on chat forums...care to join me on my trip into the occult...?
Yes, obviously the above "skits" are a parody, abetted by the daemon drink, and we'd hate to be accused of elitism...