MKI MKII MKIII ??!!!

Announcements by moderators will be posted here.
raveninblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by raveninblack »

theraven1979 wrote:I kinda wish Raveninblack hadn`t have mentioned that but yeah sure Mr Cornwell seems to take an interest in his fans on this site - Erm....is that a negative thing then?

Jim
Eurochick wrote:Raveninblack said...."I might get in trouble for saying this but Hugh told Jim and myself about the triple live cd last August and promised Jim that as soon as it was announced on the Torture Garden, Jim would be allowed to have a sneak preview and put some blah blah blah ".............Need we say anymore???? Good mates with Mr C are we :wink: ...??? Lol.......

Told you I'd get into trouble!!! :oops:

Still if they dont like the fact that you go boozing with Hugh on a regular basis, spend all your holidays at his place in Spain, and have a season rail card to Box (does he still live there?) then thats their hard luck man!!!
And isnt it true that you are infact selecting the songs for the next album? Each of which will be a hundred times more interesting than that "Hate" thing that JJs' been pushing!
:grin:
just hanging around
raveninblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by raveninblack »

Oh shit! Done it again!! Two offences in one post!!

I'g just like to post a disclaimer for all you people with the sense of humour bypass, that 99% of the above post was actually some sort of jocular repartee. Jim doesnt drink with Mr C. Doesnt visit Spain and doesnt travel by train!
He is not picking any tracks for Hughs next album! Although they WILL be better than that "Hate" thing!
You can report me to JJ if you so wish! :twisted:
just hanging around
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Nah no problem I just don`t see the point in mentioning it

Cheeky!

Raveninblack I think I`m gonna buy you a big fuckin shoval!

Jim :lol:
raveninblack wrote:
theraven1979 wrote:I kinda wish Raveninblack hadn`t have mentioned that but yeah sure Mr Cornwell seems to take an interest in his fans on this site - Erm....is that a negative thing then?

Jim
Eurochick wrote:Raveninblack said...."I might get in trouble for saying this but Hugh told Jim and myself about the triple live cd last August and promised Jim that as soon as it was announced on the Torture Garden, Jim would be allowed to have a sneak preview and put some blah blah blah ".............Need we say anymore???? Good mates with Mr C are we :wink: ...??? Lol.......

Still if they dont like the fact that you go boozing with Hugh on a regular basis, spend all your holidays at his place in Spain, and have a season rail card to Box (does he still live there?) then thats their hard luck man!!!
And isnt it true that you are infact selecting the songs for the next album? Each of which will be a hundred times more interesting than that "Hate" thing that JJs' been pushing!
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
doninblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by doninblack »

C r a s s ! wrote:
Check out:
http://www.strangled.co.uk/
tomorrow... hopefully! :o
On a POSITIVE note... the new stuff is now up!

Cheers Crass

:-)
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I believe the PDF isn`t a million miles away - heard a lot about it and I don`t wanna hype but I can`t wait. I`m that sad it could be one of the highlights of my year! :lol: :lol:

Jim
doninblack wrote:
C r a s s ! wrote:
Check out:
http://www.strangled.co.uk/
tomorrow... hopefully! :o
On a POSITIVE note... the new stuff is now up!

Cheers Crass

:-)
Igorra Black
Down In The Sewer

Post by Igorra Black »

FenDale wrote:I have to agree with what appears to be the majority - I come on here to find out what's going on with The Stranglers, have debates/arguments about topics old and new from every era of the band's existence as I've been fortunate enough to have seen them in all their guises.

Jim, whilst it's obviously not your intention to do this, I've a feeling that this forum will become even more polarised with the pre and post Hugh arguments becoming more and more prevelant, unecessary and probably viscious and offensive. There is a distinct under-current of this already bubbling away and by taking away what is actually happening in the "real" world of The Stranglers then this will come to the fore. I know it really pisses me off when people come on here as supposed fans of the band and then deny that the band have existed since Ally Pally but this change in the forum simply panders to their point of view and I for one am more excited about the band now than at any other time.

This has been an exceptionally entertaining and informative place to visit but I fear it will very soon have no relevance and will do the band and it's fan-base more damage than any individual threads on here that might occasionally criticise current projects of various members of the band or the band as a whole.

Also, it is a big concern that you point people to the Baz and Paul sites for current issues whilst embracing all things Hugh on what is supposedly a Strangler's forum - remembering that Hugh upped and left when he couldn't get his own way 16 years ago and then went into "Strangler's Denial" until a) he needed the money and b) it became lucrative to do so with the resurgence of popularity in the new millenium.

See, despite knowing full well that I'm being the pot callilng the kettle black, only talking about this has sent me off on a rant and this is what it does to me and many others who visit here - this is why the forum is in danger of becoming even more of a "them and us" slagging board and it's not why I come here.

I really, really hope that this gets resolved and I will continue visiting the boards, at least for the time being, but I'm really dissappointed with the direction things look like they're going in.

Having said all that, Jim, you do a magnificent job and there is absolutely no criticism of the time, effort and devotion you so obviously put into this.

You took the words right out of my mouth.....A lot of us are really 'boiled' over about this. It's like closing down the Rolls Royce Club and having to settle for a bicycle! A difficult adjustment for most.
But let's try and make the most of it, and anything can happen, can't it??

Igorra :wink:
Mitch K
Rats Rally

Post by Mitch K »

carlowe wrote:What about MK IV?

I had a MK IV Cortina once.

Richard
The MkI cortina was miles better; bench front seat, "magic wand" gearstick, Those tails lights!

Mk IV is a sad parody of the car it used to be and you really shouldn't be bringing it up on here - go and create your own Mark IV forum and never taint this site with your rust bucket

:shock:
Robinson Crusoe - worked hard all week and was buggered by Friday
raveninblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by raveninblack »

Can you get me an ice pick as well....

make my ears burn!!

theraven1979 wrote:Nah no problem I just don`t see the point in mentioning it

Cheeky!

Raveninblack I think I`m gonna buy you a big fuckin shoval!

Jim :lol:
raveninblack wrote:

Jim

just hanging around
Mathew Stranglers

Post by Mathew Stranglers »

First and foremost...THANKS JAMES for your dedication to this site. I've always visited when i'm on-line and the site is unrivalled as a quality platform for Stranglers fans. I'm sad to see the new direction because its going to move in a awy that that doesn't really appeal to me. I think its fair to surmise that Jim has long held misgivings about the present day Stranglers and has been up front about his enthusiasm about the original band and Hugh in particular. It's a testament to BUT that so many of us are sad to see it change but Jim doesn't have to do our bidding...he has website that he wishes to develop to maximise his enjoyment as moderator...he's not supposed to be providing a universal refuge for all Stranglers fans. That said I think that any viable, credible fan site shouldn't need to place parameters on what is and isn't to be discussed. This 'streamlining' has been given a nifty spin but effectively castrates the site for those of us who feel the Stranglers are a growing concern.What if Man United's website renamed itself Oldtraffordleftbacksfrom1943to1968.com...they'd expect to lose some of their members who might be interested in right backs or players from 1969 onwards. But that is Jim's wish and good luck to him. Were you watching Devon Malcolm hit a six when you decided James?
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Well I wanted to do it quickly you don't want to take your time hacking your arm off do you? :lol:

Technically I'm not telling people what to discuss people can still talk MKIII but not on this site as I ain't got time to moderate it. People wishing to talk MKI, Hugh and general can say whatever they want as long as it's not racist or abusive.

Cheers

Jim
laurie
The Man They Love To Hate

STRANGLERS MKI

Post by laurie »

WHY NOT END THIS THREAD NOW AND HAVE DONE WITH IT ?
do you wanna
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: STRANGLERS MKI

Post by theraven1979 »

Why? I believe everyone has a right to comment if they like

Jim

laurie wrote:WHY NOT END THIS THREAD NOW AND HAVE DONE WITH IT ?