MKI MKII MKIII ??!!!

Announcements by moderators will be posted here.
shah
The Raven
The Raven

Post by shah »

Blimey! I can't even find MK1 now?
Where is it?
It's Cornwell at the top??
shah shaaah...go go...
shah shaaah...go go...
shah shaaah...
LAIDBLACKINKENT
Down In The Sewer

Post by LAIDBLACKINKENT »

I think everything that can be said on this issue has been..i would just like to add, that if i want to discuss MK111 i can go elsewhere, if i want to discuss MK1/ Hugh i'll come here....SIMPLE REALLY
Don't let the whingers grind you down Jim this is YOUR site and a bloody good one it is too!
Have you all got your Crackerjack pencils
suchi
Ugly
Ugly

Post by suchi »

Radar wrote:There are those who are born to lead and there are those who are destined to follow but unfortunately there is a more sinister category and they are those people who decide to imagine themselves as very important people when in fact they are total wankers and bullshitting charlatans who have dark secrets and apologies to make.
….and probably closer to the truth than you know…..

Good move Jim, the change and focus of the site is a bold and a logical step forward. The Stranglers Mk 1 and Cornwell’s offerings are where the art lies historically and for future debate. This is by far the best Stranglers site by a long chalk (unofficial or otherwise) and long may it continue.

A new MK3 forum too, that's good news for the Mk3 fans.... the merits of Wurzels and The Stranglers musical renaissance can rage away on there. I also think that someone on here should volunteer to relay the news to Sil and the band otherwise they’re never gonna find out.
Isolate the critisism and pass it on.
raveninblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by raveninblack »

Indeed Suchi...Im sure Mr Roberts and co knew within an hour that they had been expelled!!

:x
just hanging around
jem750
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jem750 »

Oh well, I have read everyones comments, so as a long term, if not frequent poster I will add my comments.

I for one do appreciate all the hard work you have put in on this site Jim. Respect to you, I haven't got the time nor the inclination to maintain a site, or deal with the abuse!

But, have to say when I logged on yesterday, I thought WTF is going on?

For me The Stranglers are The Stranglers, MKI finished 16 years ago so I do not have a great deal of interest in discussing just that lineup.

This is the best Hugh forum, so as and when Hugh is active I will check it out, but I think overall this will not have a positive effect on the site, and maybe wont achieve what you set out to do Jim.

Anyway, I hope I'm wrong. It seems another case of the few spoiling it for the many.

cheers
Jez
I Spend My Time Watching The Ocean....
Alenyx
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Alenyx »

raveninblack wrote:Indeed Suchi...Im sure Mr Roberts and co knew within an hour that they had been expelled!!

What makes you say so?
Mad Hatter
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Mad Hatter »

jem750 wrote: It seems another case of the few spoiling it for the many.

Jez
I think you have hit the nail on the head. I don't know how much editing or hassle Jim gets looking after this site, but I guess that it would come from the same few people on a very regular basis.

There have been times where the content of certain threads has been very negative in recent months, but I have put that down to people expressing their personal opinions. I must admit that I have not considered that fact that Jim might be getting hassle as a result. Perhaps a different option could have been to expel the regular offenders in order to keep things more positive.

Anyway, what is done is done, and I respect Jim for standing up for his principles. Jim - this is a great site and I really hope that everything can settle down and get back to normal as soon as posisble.
Mad Hatter
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Mad Hatter »

Alenyx wrote:
raveninblack wrote:Indeed Suchi...Im sure Mr Roberts and co knew within an hour that they had been expelled!!

What makes you say so?

Now you see, this is the sort of 'needling' that we don't need. I think that emotions have run very high since Jim's announcement. Perhaps we should stand back and count to 10 before posting something that might kick off into anything that could be construed as 'us and them'.

Let's face it, the Stranglers exist today because of the FOUR guys who got together in 1974, including Hugh. However, after Hugh left, the Stranglers continued because Paul and John joined. Whilst not commercially a success, there are many people on this site who went to gigs during the period of 1990 to 2000 and really enjoyed what they heard. So Mk2 has its place as well. Finally, the recent resurgence of interest in the band has only come about because of the current five members, including Baz. We would not have had Norfolk Coast and be LOOKING FORWARD to the next album's release.

In other words, all line-ups are valid for their own, individual reasons. Therefore, the fact that Jim has decided to dedicate this site to Mk1 and we now have a Mk2 and Mk3 forum should be something that we can all live with. It covers everyone's needs. What we should never do is split the fans into 2 camps of pre-1990 and post-1990. We all love the same music, it is just delivered by different people in a different way. Can't we all get on together?

Sorry for the rant, but I think we need to move on from this debate.
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

What we should never do is split the fans into 2 camps of pre-1990 and post-1990.
Which is in my opinion exactly what is going on here.
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
suchi
Ugly
Ugly

Post by suchi »

evonx wrote:
What we should never do is split the fans into 2 camps of pre-1990 and post-1990.
Realignment.
Alenyx
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Alenyx »

evonx wrote:
Actually, I think people do that by themselves... simply by expressing their personal opinions.. it's a matter of taste I guess. I think we shouldn't forget that this is mainly about music and not a way of life...

I agree with some things that have been said here... Jim puts a lot of time and work into this site and if he doesn't want the trouble that comes with present Stranglers debates than we have to accept that... I'm sure it's not his intention to split people into camps.
Last edited by Alenyx on 19 Apr 2006, 12:43, edited 1 time in total.
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

LAIDBLACKINKENT wrote:I think everything that can be said on this issue has been..i would just like to add, that if i want to discuss MK111 i can go elsewhere, if i want to discuss MK1/ Hugh i'll come here....SIMPLE REALLY
Don't let the whingers grind you down Jim this is YOUR site and a bloody good one it is too!
It does seem straightforward enough when you put it like that :-)
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'