MKI MKII MKIII ??!!!

Announcements by moderators will be posted here.
raveninblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by raveninblack »

Well, without wanting to piss anybody off, I agree with Jims' decision. I know about the aggro peoples remarks on here have caused Jim, he and certain other members on here have had various "official" people phone them complaining about what has been said on here. Now if removing the "mk III" stuff means these phone calls dont happen, because the opportunity to slag various members of the band or management, and yes Im guilty of this as well, has been removed, then so be it! Personally I haven't really read or contributed to any "mkIII" posts for quite a while, so it wont affect me that much!
As for this" Hughs putting pressure on you" crap.... fuckin grow up! At least Hugh and his manager are willing to have some sort of relationship with the forums, take for example the recent "leaking" of an advance copy of the live cd which was on sale at the Blondie gigs. I might get in trouble for saying this but Hugh told Jim and myself about the triple live cd last August and promised Jim that as soon as it was announced on the Torture Garden, Jim would be allowed to have a sneak preview and put some sort of review on the forums. Which happened, did it not? If my memory serves me right, Hugh also asked us how the band were doing. Now would any member of the band or their management do this? Would any of them activly encourage members on here to produce a T shirt for example? If I rang Sil tomorrow and said "Sil, can i print up some t-shirts for members of the forums?" what do you think the answer would be? Did JJ ask anyone at Glasgow how Hugh was doing?
Steves site pretty much caters for all the current info you want, he has input on a regular basis from JJ, if I wanna know owt, i'll check there.
Anyway, good luck to all the mkIII fans, if you have to go, you have to go!
I for one, am staying.
just hanging around
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Well said - it's all very well having MKIII rumours on here but you can't beat a site that has direct info from a band member like Steve's site - If I want the full official SP I go there.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

There's some real high emotion going on in this thread and some amateur dramatics kicking off. I swear the way some of these posts are going if I'd have mentioned this to your face you'd be pinning me to a wall or something! Even at the very extreme you're completely pissed off (why? you have your MKIII forums) and leave then leave - you have a choice but bear in mind the months, years you spent on here and the efforts I have gone to to making this site available. I feel I've justified myself more than enough now and this thread is getting silly.

Jim
C r a s s !
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by C r a s s ! »

Mr. Radley has clearly put a load of thought in to this, so I for one respect his decision. I do know what he was planning as we have exchanged chats over the years. We haven't always seen eye to eye over certain things, but I have always maintained the greatest respect for his effort and staying power - he built this site up through several incarnations, and what about his gallery! Last year, he bigged up our pdf when we thought he wasn't into our idea. He was after all, and he helped out with photos, articles and research. I understand fully what he is thinking. Arseholes is one thing that fucks him off. It's hassle no one needs. And I might also add 'Groundhog Day' is something he recently was quoted as saying on here. These factors combined with the general hassle he has, well, you know the rest. I say this: good on ya Jim!

I saw one of your posts on this thread, Alenyx. With the greatest of respect - you wanted to know more... I think it was hinted in the subsequent posts, maybe you didn't pick up on it, still.. Well, this is it: Maybe if you recall how you reacted to us making an innocent inquiry as to how we can get hold of Paul's Soulsec CD. I think I have said enough... I don't care if people don't agree with me, on this, or one any level for that matter. Water off a duck's back, mate. Listen up radar, and one or two others before you.

Good work Jim - let it continue in whatever form you opt for. :o
http://www.strangled.co.uk/ The unofficial Stranglers site.

theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Thanks and thanks to everyone who has PM-d me recently over the last few days. Totally unrelated but I've been ill for the last 2 days - Manflu but what a killer I'm like ruddy Rudolph the red nosed reindeer so thanks for everyone's support with an absolute killer decision and change to the site that has caused no end of grief. If you want to talk MKIII then go to Alenyx's site - If you want MKI, Hugh etc then stay right here. Actually why not visit both sites - we're all championing the same thing and we need to stick together as we're a dying breed.

Jim
the taxman
Rats Rally

Post by the taxman »

this site should be a site to discuss the Stranglers from birth to present &
future.If not the case then i lose massive interest in this site.Is it a late
April fool?
Your site Jim & a great job you have done but this is a wrong
decision in my opinion.
daniellameijvis
Rats Rally

Post by daniellameijvis »

Hi Jim, Thanks for the fantastic year.
I'll be around some times, to look how your
site is going.
As you know I'm not a Hugh Cornwell fan.
When the stranglers started I was alreddy a big fan of JJ,
and that has never changed, I am glad paul and baz are
joning the band so the could go on.
But I appryciate your decision aldow I'm a bit sad
it came al so sudenly.
my best wishes to you and good luck with your site
see you around some times
DANIELLA
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

What's Move On's take on today's events then ? :lol:
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
Dom P
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by Dom P »

Dom P wrote:I've been away for the weekend... back today... wtf?

While it seems an odd decision to me, I can see why. Or can I?
Well, I've had a good old read, on and in between the lines. I appreciate the kind of grief that comes with an enterprise like this, and at the end of the day, Jim owns this, and if he thinks it's the best way forward then we have to support him.

From my own personal experience of the arena in which we are operating, I can see that restricting comment to Mk I, and Hugh and the general parts of the site, has its advantages.

The Stranglers are an ongoing and, at the moment, expanding concern. I sense that they are wising up to the influence that all media is now having on various industries.

I know from reporting for the Burning Up Times PDF and website that our retrosepctive outlook is not necessarily welcomed in all corners of the hexagon.

Our PDFs are strictly old school and they always have been. To be involved in the promotion of this particular going concern, what with the potential this forum showed getting BTC into the Top 40, is not a monkey I would want on my back. When the times comes there should be "official" fora doing that job...

I may be way off the mark. But Jim, this is the best site. It always will be. Power to your arm. You have my support!

Dom P
"I think you guys are going to have to come up with some wonderful new lies, or people just aren't going to want to go on living." -- Slaughterhouse-Five
brearleys
SHAKESPEARO

Post by brearleys »

Thanks everyone, i've enjoyed being here.

But I'm with the <<Stranglers past-present-future>> crowd and feel the need to be going now.

Good luck, and so long...
C r a s s !
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by C r a s s ! »

Yep - it's always been the best site. Jim's created a monster! Long Live Punkenstein!

Away from the Forum for just a sec... on the subject of the aforementioned PDF, and our Strangled site - it's become known of the heightened awareness the present group have of media savvy-ness . I appreciate there's a lot of people saying yeah Bollocks! Anyway, I don't think any Unofficial site can or should be swayed in any direction. To illustrate this, the update on Strangled has Hugh in Millfield Theatre - Paul in an online chat - with JJ and Baz at Glasow reviewed by CB:

Check out:
http://www.strangled.co.uk/
tomorrow... hopefully! :o
http://www.strangled.co.uk/ The unofficial Stranglers site.

Radar
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Radar »

love hearing the ramblings of fucking arse lickers or the scared pseudo forum supporters who don’t know which way to Jump (yet)

……get your fucking shit together you wankers. If you don’t like what the owner of this unofficial site has said, then fuck off. It’s that simple. Just don’t go whingeing on about it like a cry baby

All this “Well I’m off now……you’ll miss me when I’m goneâ€
Get on with it