MKI MKII MKIII ??!!!

Announcements by moderators will be posted here.
shah
The Raven
The Raven

Post by shah »

As many of you will know I looove talking about the minutiae of Mk1.
I agree with the exclusion of Mk2. Bag o shite in general.

Much as I love that Mk1 anorakking, I am really sad that there is no Mk3 section. It's only quiet now because...it's quiet now, but when the next NC rolls around it will kick off again and everyone (particularly those of us abroad who can't get to see the band)n will be poring over the comments and thiguhts abut the new stuff, set lists, happenings and living vicariously and semi-gloriously.

Jim, please set up a Mk 3 section. It's important I feel. I sometimes feel that this forum is like conversations that would happen in a pub if we all met every week - we may not talk about Mk2 much and if we did it might be in a distanced and diisparaging way, but Mk 3 is alive and in good health and would definitely be fondly and excitedly pondered. The band is purring in its current form and deserves a decent forum.

And this is the only one that counts.

Please re-consider your decision.
shah shaaah...go go...
shah shaaah...go go...
shah shaaah...
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

I'm 100 % with Janek on this one.
[/quote]
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
wadey1

Post by wadey1 »

i think this is all a good idea really. its up to jim innit?
janek
Rats Rally

Post by janek »

kinski wrote: This site is UNOFFICIAL and is not connected with Hugh or his management or website. This is Jim's decision. This is Jim's site. Mr Cornwell (no a in the well) does not have Jim in a headlock.
of course it is jim's site - but i think people who contribute hmay have something to say. i loved this forum because it was about past and present. i don't see a point of making the stranglers forum where there is a place for cover bands and is no place for JJ's, Dave's, Jet's recent and future work !!
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Are people still beefing about this even though there's a MKIII forum underway?!!

Some people are never happy.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
janek
Rats Rally

Re: MKI MKII MKIII ??!!!

Post by janek »

theraven1979 wrote:No way loads to be said about MKI that`s why the media/books/forum topics keep cropping up - when was the last time you saw a MKII topic?
I find your post stupid and idiotic and a bit too obvious.
i'll tell you why this happened !! because mk1 was more popular than mk3 & mk2. mk1 filled youth of many more people - that's why these books and films are filling the bookshops etc. and as you surely know people love to read about their youth the most of - especially when it already passed on (sorry)

BUT !

i thought a fanforum is especially for hardcore fans !! who not only receive things , but also want to share their feelings about the band.

my youth is mk2 and mk3 - but it's still a youth of a fan of the stranglers !! i am keen on jj, dave & jet * the same as the guys from finchley who were going to their gigs in the 70's !!

and now you divide me from these fantastic people !! 'cause sorry - i loved reading about the very past, but this was an extra gift to contibuting to a fantastic forum of an living band !! who does gigs, who make records, who play new songs !! i doubt if i could still be intrested in reading only the stories from the times before i was ... 7 years old

sorry - i''ve loved this forum and i'm very afraid i'll loose something amazing very soon ... or maybe already lost

* (hugh also, but sorry - his solo work is not much than half that important to me as the stranglers songs)
Last edited by janek on 18 Apr 2006, 20:15, edited 4 times in total.
Mad Hatter
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Mad Hatter »

Hey Jim, don't let this get to you - it will all die away in a few days time, and especially when the new Mk3 forum gets up and running. You have done a fantastic job with this forum and I for one, will continue to post here.

Post by Guest »

theraven1979 wrote:Are people still beefing about this even though there's a MKIII forum underway?!!

Some people are never happy.

Jim

Jim,

I think you have done a great job with your site and will continue to do so, but I'm still disappointed re Mark III. I LOVE this site and just don't want to see it change I guess.

Can I take this opportunity to say thanks for allowing us to use your board for promoting the Glasgow Charity Gig. Despite everything I'll still visit!! :wink:

Shel xx
Dom P
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by Dom P »

I've been away for the weekend... back today... wtf?

While it seems an odd decision to me, I can see why. Or can I?
"I think you guys are going to have to come up with some wonderful new lies, or people just aren't going to want to go on living." -- Slaughterhouse-Five

Post by Guest »

kinski wrote:
Eurochick wrote:
Alenyx wrote:Why are people so keen on separating things? I thought this was a site about the Stranglers??!! I just don't get all this MKI MKII MKIII stuff... it's still one and the same band... line up changes happen in many bands... So what?? This should be about the music not about the band members...
:?:

I am with Alenyx!! What the f***??? This site was BRILLIANT before you decided to do this Jimbo!!!

Are we all to live in the past and extal the virtues of The Stranglers past ie: Mr Hugh Cornwell's era?? Lets not forget it was HE who left the band, leaving we fans feeling gutted and bereft. Granted, the man was amazingly talented and should not be forgotten. But why be so rude as to ignore the present and awesome talents of Baz Warne and Paul Roberts?Thanks to these two lads The Stranglers continue, successfully, to entertain us. Get with it Jim!! Perhaps Mr Cornwall isn't happy with the success and recent over exposure of JJ and Baz on this site?? Hmmmm......I fear you may lose a LOT of contributors ( not just financial..) through this move. But maybe that's the intention...sift out the fans of the current line up and keep the hard core pro- Hugh fans?

Either way....shame to destroy something that worked so well, imho! :?: :?:
Jesus - can people not read before posting. This site is UNOFFICIAL and is not connected with Hugh or his management or website. This is Jim's decision. This is Jim's site. Mr Cornwell (no a in the well) does not have Jim in a headlock.

Can't we air our disappointment honey?? This site is awesome and as someone once said "if it ain't broken , why fix it?" Yes the site is unofficial and belongs to Jim, but if WE weren't here posting there WOULDN'T be a site of such proportions. Comprendo?!
As I said before, I will continue to visit, perhaps not with the same enthusiasm.

Jim, I DO wish you luck. You're a good bloke!!!

Post by Guest »

Dom P wrote:I've been away for the weekend... back today... wtf?

While it seems an odd decision to me, I can see why. Or can I?

I'm scratching my head Dom P! But it's Jim's site and his decision.
kinski
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by kinski »

Eurochick wrote:
kinski wrote:
Eurochick wrote:
I am with Alenyx!! What the f***??? This site was BRILLIANT before you decided to do this Jimbo!!!

Are we all to live in the past and extal the virtues of The Stranglers past ie: Mr Hugh Cornwell's era?? Lets not forget it was HE who left the band, leaving we fans feeling gutted and bereft. Granted, the man was amazingly talented and should not be forgotten. But why be so rude as to ignore the present and awesome talents of Baz Warne and Paul Roberts?Thanks to these two lads The Stranglers continue, successfully, to entertain us. Get with it Jim!! Perhaps Mr Cornwall isn't happy with the success and recent over exposure of JJ and Baz on this site?? Hmmmm......I fear you may lose a LOT of contributors ( not just financial..) through this move. But maybe that's the intention...sift out the fans of the current line up and keep the hard core pro- Hugh fans?

Either way....shame to destroy something that worked so well, imho! :?: :?:
Jesus - can people not read before posting. This site is UNOFFICIAL and is not connected with Hugh or his management or website. This is Jim's decision. This is Jim's site. Mr Cornwell (no a in the well) does not have Jim in a headlock.

Can't we air our disappointment honey?? This site is awesome and as someone once said "if it ain't broken , why fix it?" Yes the site is unofficial and belongs to Jim, but if WE weren't here posting there WOULDN'T be a site of such proportions. Comprendo?!
As I said before, I will continue to visit, perhaps not with the same enthusiasm.

Jim, I DO wish you luck. You're a good bloke!!!
Yes Eurochick - you can air your disappointment, but you insinuated, in fact you SAID "Perhaps Mr Cornwall isn't happy with the success and recent over exposure of JJ and Baz on this site??" - which is why I commented. Some people are reading SO much more into this, and casting the usual accusations "Hugh left my band, he made me cry, its all his fault" yadda yadda. Sometimes I wish I was a fan of bloody Bucks Fizz or something, I'm sure their fans must get on better than us lot.