Links to downloads etc

Announcements by moderators will be posted here.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Links to downloads etc

Post by theraven1979 »

Due to recent events I`ve decided to remove any posts concerning links to any sites regarding bootleg material.

Any posts regarding bootlegs will be deleted and I may have to ban users posting links to bootleg material to preserve the future of the site.

Thanks

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Tracy
The Man They Love To Hate

Re: Links to downloads etc

Post by Tracy »

theraven1979 wrote:Due to recent events I`ve decided to remove any posts concerning links to any sites regarding bootleg material.

Any posts regarding bootlegs will be deleted and I may have to ban users posting links to bootleg material to preserve the future of the site.

Thanks

Jim
This is very sad news Jim :cry:

We all love our booties :lol:

whats left for us now will we have to go to Ebay and buy them there and get ripped off ??

Where if truth be told some people on Ebay are making a fortune on there SELLING bootlegs

all we did was swap our gigs for NOTHING on here no-one made a penny!

BUT

if it is to preserve the future of this very site then I am 100% behind you Jim

Tracy :cry:

When we're dead and gone when we get where we belong and we've sung the final song get the first bus to Babylon

Post by Guest »

I agree with Jim 100%!!! Well done , you law abiding citizen!!
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: Links to downloads etc

Post by gizzard »

theraven1979 wrote:Due to recent events I`ve decided to remove any posts concerning links to any sites regarding bootleg material.

Thanks

Jim
Whats happened??
Have I missed something?

:shock:
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
leoJ
Rats Rally

Post by leoJ »

Huh? What happened?
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Nothing has really happened it`s just that with Hugh and The Stranglers both releasing live albums or DVDs I didn`t want to compromise the site (not that this site hosts music or vid files). Opinions have been voiced and I`ve taken onboard advice.

Thats it. Rest of the site continues as normal.

Jim
Last edited by theraven1979 on 05 Jan 2006, 17:06, edited 1 time in total.
Homer
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Homer »

Oooer !!! Who is Eurochick :lol:
leoJ
Rats Rally

Post by leoJ »

Homer wrote:Oooer !!! Who is Eurochick :lol:

Ha ha I noticed too!! :grin:
Homer
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Homer »

Is it Kate Bush :lol:
steveareno
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by steveareno »

Don't the band & their management realise that it's the availability of live material, such as that posted in the downloads section, that maintains interest in the band ? It seems to me that the admirable posters on this site who download gigs, etc. are doing the band a great service & should be thanked rather than hunted down. The work that goes into cleaning up old recordings, posting atrwork, etc. puts the band & their record label to shame. The content of the live section plugs a gap that bands (not just The Stranglers) have always failed to plug. What harm is there in downloading a gig from the '80 or '81 US Tours for example ? I've heard Hugh in the past extolling the virtues of bootlegs. The guys who have kindly went to the trouble of posting gigs for us forum members to download do so because they are all Stranglers devotees, they don't do it for any financial renumeration. Indeed, they have went to great lengths to stop recordings appearing on e-bay & the like.
Who was it who said "by enthusiasts, for enthusiasts" - the band themselves when talking about Strangled !!
Well, as far as I'm concerned, sites like Jim's do the job of the band's management, who have failed to replace Strangled & can't even provide a worthwhile official site. For them (& I'm only presuming it is they who have raised the objection) to cut-off the hand that feeds them is incredulous. The live material posted here is far better than the uninteresting live material which is released officially. Do we really need another official live CD from 2004/2005 ? We've been listening to the same set list for the past four years anyway !!
Get your act together Sil & team and remember they are OUR band more than they are your band !! Most of us have been following the band for 25 years + through thick & thin.

Steveareno.
'If there's no reason for your words, then your silence ain't absurd, if there's no reason for your breathing then it just won't do'
Skin Deep
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Skin Deep »

Here here steveareno. This is indeed a great pity. If it's the band's doing then I feel it is a little short sighted. The interest in the band can only be enhanced by the sharing of live and rare (admittedly unofficial) material. Just my opinion.

Jim I respect your decision, but why now?
"Life shows no mercy."
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Changing the subject? :P

Jim
Homer wrote:Oooer !!! Who is Eurochick :lol: