Paypal & Points - UPDATE

Announcements by moderators will be posted here.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Paypal & Points - UPDATE

Post by theraven1979 »

Some of you may have noticed the Paypal box at the top of the site (Hello!).....................

Ok basically this will allow users to donate funds to the site to keep it going. At the moment it`s costing me about £10 a month to keep us afloat. "So what I didn`t force you to run this site" you may ask - Well this is correct but as you use the site a small one off donation would be greatly accepted and could be put towards the costs of this site whilst showing what a top chap/bird you are.

What Happens When I donate?
You`ll be taken to a paypal donation page whereby you can enter how much you would like to donate- This is a one off transaction. You don`t have to have a Paypal account to donate just your credit card details. Donations are logged with the site so you`ll be displayed in the "hall of fame" at the bottom of the front page for donating (Top 10 donators). Also your post count will go up by 20 points per £1 you donate. So if you want to gain access to the Requests and Downloads forum why not donate a one off fiver and you`ll get access.

I`ll get a fundraiser tally chart in action soon.

If this doesn`t prove successful I may have to start placing adverts on the site - which I don`t think anyone would approve of?

Sorry chaps but points at this time (for the reasons above) do not make prizes - However, if we exceed the site funds at the end of the year (for example) any money left over we could award in the form of a prize to the bod with the highest points (perhaps a charity of their choice). Also, in the future I may put in place other benefits for regular contributers with high points (i.e more PM space, online storage perhaps, moderator rights)
Points work the following way

1 point when you reply
2 points for a new post

It`s a bit of fun so lets see what happens. If anyone can think of a better name than Points (perhaps something Stranglers related) let me know and I`ll change the name.

I`m hoping that this will resolve a few issues at the moment (i.e lack of posting but lots of lurking, the sites future, "I wanna view the requests/downloads forum" etc)

Ideas welcome (as always)

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Dom P
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by Dom P »

Instead of points, how about "Penis Size"?
"I think you guys are going to have to come up with some wonderful new lies, or people just aren't going to want to go on living." -- Slaughterhouse-Five
whinger
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by whinger »

Dom P wrote:
Instead of points, how about "Penis Size"?
We are talking millimeters here arn't weeee?

What about the girls?

Whinger©

PS. Ive got a penis size of 162 so far heh heh
its ok for you to laugh.. but from down here you look pretty stupid too
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Dom P wrote:Instead of points, how about "Penis Size"?
Good idea but then the ladies won't contribute!

Jim
Homer
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Homer »

Stopped using Paypal old chap, PM me your address and I'll pop something in the post :lol:
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Homer wrote:Stopped using Paypal old chap, PM me your address and I'll pop something in the post :lol:
You can use a credit card through the paypal link :grin:

Jim
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

For those who have donated many thanks. It`s much appreciated and I feel encouraged to develop the site and maintain it. Anyone who has donated I have contacted you all personally to thank you. I worked out that if (approx) 20 people donate £5 per year then that will cover the site (these forums - I will pay for the cost of the BUT site myself) costs for that year and any other money can be put towards:-

- A charity of our choice
- The following years costs
- Maybe funding a joint purchase

Anyone any other ideas? - Obviously I will listen more to the people that have donated and go with their joint decision.

We still need to collect funds so pick up the phone and give us your fuckin money (whoops sorry) :lol:

Also someone who has donated has had their post count increased so they can view the other forum (if they want to) - so it does work.

THANKS

Jim
kinski
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by kinski »

If the forums are paid for, and there's left-overs, I would prefer the money went towards maintaining these forums for future years, rather than chariddee.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

kinski wrote:If the forums are paid for, and there's left-overs, I would prefer the money went towards maintaining these forums for future years, rather than chariddee.
Thanks Tony - anyone else?

Jim
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

What about the good old T-shirt idea?
The value for money the last time was great, I would happily pay another few quids if it went to help run this forum.

There were loads of ideas banded around a while ago, but it came to nothing.
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Raveninblack sorts out the T-Shirts - I know he didn`t add anything on for a profit this is why they were so cheap. I think that if someone goes to to the effort to sort then any markup should be theirs.

Jim
Toiler On The Sea wrote:What about the good old T-shirt idea?
The value for money the last time was great, I would happily pay another few quids if it went to help run this forum.

There were loads of ideas banded around a while ago, but it came to nothing.
raveninblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by raveninblack »

Dont mind doing another run of shirts....the artwork is paid for so thats £50 less to pay, so if we managed to sell another 20 at the same price, there would be £50 to go towards the website!!!
just hanging around