Ideas wanted

Announcements by moderators will be posted here.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

While I`m in the announcements forum I thought I`d add another topic.

Basically now there`s quite a sizeable chunk of people on here I think we could organise some ideas/events?

My intial thoughts are as follows:-

1. Something involving a charity. We`ve discussed this briefly before. I`m unsure as what we could do here. Perhaps sponser a member to do a charity run or something? I have no idea. Or maybe we just do an annual fundraiser for a charity of our choice (maybe one connected to the band - PR did something for cancer research if I remember). My only concern is that I don`t want to plaster the site with banners etc.

2. Annual or regular meet-ups or events. I know a lot of us have met up at gigs but sometimes not everyone can meet up on that particular date. Also we`ve been lucky recently but sometimes we can go months and even a year without a tour (even longer if you`re not UK based!).
This doesn`t have to be Stranglers based but I know 4MH would be keen to get involved. Maybe do this by county - meet somewhere go for a meal, get pissed and talk bollocks. It amazes me the people that go to gigs then go "I think I saw you at the gig but was unsure whether it was you" ??? :glare: . I`ve arranged piss ups with people on here to go to other gigs as well which as worked really well.

I am aware that we can`t use the bands name attached to any get together etc. It would be purely a forums meet up. Otherwise I will contact the management to seek approval.

Just a few ideas - Obviously really basic that need meat adding to them but I have only the one brain cell. Please feel free to add more ideas or build upon them. If you don`t want to post you can PM me direct or email me theraven1979@hotmail.com

If people don`t get involved then obviously these things don`t happen.

Jim

Edited By theraven1979 on 1087216526
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I`m also open for ideas regarding the site - both the forums and themeninblack.co.uk sites.

Jim
gazincumbria
Rats Rally

Post by gazincumbria »

An idea that I've had kicking around for a while, is an area of the site where us lot can upload covers of Stranglers Songs,(Maybe we could have polls to choose cover versions prople whould like to hear),Our own stuff-there must be a fair few of us who contribute to the site who can play/write stuff.

I'll even get the ball rolling by offering my take on 'Never Say Goodbye' :)

Cheers,

Gaz
"I've been too honest with myself I should have lied like everybody else"
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Anyone else on for this?

Jim *dusting the geetar down* :D
Ice
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Ice »

Jim, only just seen this thread and there are some good ideas. Doesn't seem to be much of a response though!

Like the idea of a meet up, meal & drinks :) Not sure if it would get off the ground though as not many are willing to turn up, let alone help! I've seen this on other forums.

If you get any other replies and decide to do this, I'll offer some help (not sure doing what though).
Deadly with make-up on...
Ice
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Ice »

BTW< I like being in "The Raven" category :D
Deadly with make-up on...
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Ice wrote:Jim, only just seen this thread and there are some good ideas. Doesn't seem to be much of a response though!

Like the idea of a meet up, meal & drinks :) Not sure if it would get off the ground though as not many are willing to turn up, let alone help! I've seen this on other forums.

If you get any other replies and decide to do this, I'll offer some help (not sure doing what though).
Yeah I don`t think it will get off the ground which is a shame really. I guess if anyone`s interested they can shout below.

Jim
GRIFF
Ugly
Ugly

Post by GRIFF »

Although its not likely I would be able to turn up for it(big shouts of hurrah from a lot of people I am sure)Why not go all out and arrange a shindig for late 2004 early 2005 e.g. late afternoon gathering,hire small pub/club(like the solar live do)pull resources(someone help with monitor/toons/vids)to be played throughout afternoon,four more heroes for the evening,ask for some unique items from,the stranglers camp,four more,and attending fans,auction for charity(as agreed through the forum)maybe even ask Four more to do a request show.Keep ticket price reasonable,and donate some proceeds,along with charity auction proceeds to my beer fund...eh I mean a suitable cause.There must be fans/contributors to this site that could help with ticket printing,postage,advertising,venues,auction material,promotion,logistics,stewarding,etc.Its not an original idea I know,just throwing ideas around :booze: :booze: :booze: :booze: Why wait for the official convention,we all might wake up dead tommorow :booze: :booze:
Griff
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

i have recorded a couple of coverversions which i cannot upload i'm afraid ...
jim if i send you a cd can you do the honours?
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

ps the songs i did were quite LAME i think now but it was just a demo cd to get some solo gigs....
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

evonx wrote:ps the songs i did were quite LAME i think now but it was just a demo cd to get some solo gigs....
OK cool - yeah I`ll upload - send em to my email if you like. PM me and we`ll sort

Jim
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

GRIFF wrote:Although its not likely I would be able to turn up for it(big shouts of hurrah from a lot of people I am sure)Why not go all out and arrange a shindig for late 2004 early 2005 e.g. late afternoon gathering,hire small pub/club(like the solar live do)pull resources(someone help with monitor/toons/vids)to be played throughout afternoon,four more heroes for the evening,ask for some unique items from,the stranglers camp,four more,and attending fans,auction for charity(as agreed through the forum)maybe even ask Four more to do a request show.Keep ticket price reasonable,and donate some proceeds,along with charity auction proceeds to my beer fund...eh I mean a suitable cause.There must be fans/contributors to this site that could help with ticket printing,postage,advertising,venues,auction material,promotion,logistics,stewarding,etc.Its not an original idea I know,just throwing ideas around :booze: :booze: :booze: :booze: Why wait for the official convention,we all might wake up dead tommorow :booze: :booze:
The only downer about doing a full on Stranglers day is that you`d have to clear it with the management first and they`re probably likely to say "what?!".

Jim