Affiliates Program

Announcements by moderators will be posted here.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

As you know my intention for this site and any other sites I run is to keep them free and available to everyone. One thing that bugs me about my current web space provider is the fact that they don`t offer some sort of nightly backup process. Don`t worry though as I perform manual backups on a monthly basis (at least). I`d like to feel that this site is a real vault of knowledge for anyone seeking info on the Stranglers (i should throw the word unofficial in there but you`re all aware of that).

Recently I`ve been looking at where to take the site next. I have recently forked out £50 on what I think is a suitable provider with double the bandwidth and 6 times the storage space that my current provider offers plus other jollies. This would undoubtably accomodate the forums and B.U.T site well into the future.

Fortunately, I`m in a position where I can afford £50 however, moving forward it would be nice if people could help out with the costs of running the site. I don`t want people simply to offer me money as I don`t agree with that approach. Therefore, I`m setting up affiliate programs with worthwhile providers that aren`t a rip off and would appeal to the Stranglers fan on the street (you`ll probably already use some of these stores).

By the same token I don`t want to make any profit from the site. It will get complicated if I do this so what I am proposing is that any monies made after the initial cost of running the sites will be given to a charity(s) of our choice (I guess that`s the difficult bit).

To be honest I can`t see the affiliates program paying any more than around £20 a year but I will keep everyone up to date (probably on a quartely basis)

The affiliates work by linking from this site to the associated store. Therefore there will be absolutely no adverts/popups/banners/email spam (your email address used on this site is only used for registering your membership and will remain that way) etc.

Thoughts welcome.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
GRIFF
Ugly
Ugly

Post by GRIFF »

Hi Jim,
We ALL agree(I think)that we miss the much loved STRANGLED mag.It is unthinkable, that due to lack of some sort of financial support the B.U.T. site may,at some time, no longer grace our web browsers.I for one,and I am sure I speak for the majority who visit this site,would like to contribute,even in a small way.Can you have a p.o.box number setup,or a donations icon displayed on the site? I know you are not passing round the begging bowl,but I am sure you would receive a healthy response should you require everyone,or willing parties,to donate the odd couple of quid.Maybe if there is a surplus,the cash could then be nominated to a suitable charity,voted for and by the forum.Maybe you could also turn the odd couple of quid surplus into, a boot cd,or b.u.t. tshirt(handbaginblack design) once every couple of months or so.This gesture in itself will create some more interest in the site. All the names from the site who donate could be put into a interent hat,and you could announce the winner on a seperate link on the site.Send me your address by private mail,and I will send you a few dollars to start the ball rolling.Keep up the good work,and keep burning up time! :booze: :booze:
Griff
Alex
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Alex »

theraven1979 wrote:By the same token I don`t want to make any profit from the site. It will get complicated if I do this so what I am proposing is that any monies made after the initial cost of running the sites will be given to a charity(s) of our choice (I guess that`s the difficult bit).
How about Prostate Cancer in honour of Mr Roberts' dad?
look I've got a microphone, I can speak about 2000 times louder than any of you idiots, alright!.....However loud you shout........SHUT UP!!...YA BUNCH OF MORONS !!!!!
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

These are some of the affiliate sites by clicking these links and purchasing products you will be supporting the site

Amazon

Dabs - computer stuff

101cd

Cloggs - Doc Marten Boots

cdwow

Jim

Edited By theraven1979 on 1092405776
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Alex wrote:
theraven1979 wrote:By the same token I don`t want to make any profit from the site. It will get complicated if I do this so what I am proposing is that any monies made after the initial cost of running the sites will be given to a charity(s) of our choice (I guess that`s the difficult bit).

How about Prostate Cancer in honour of Mr Roberts' dad?
Yep that`s the strongest contender in my mind. What does everyone else think?

Jim
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

GRIFF wrote:Hi Jim,
We ALL agree(I think)that we miss the much loved STRANGLED mag.It is unthinkable, that due to lack of some sort of financial support the B.U.T. site may,at some time, no longer grace our web browsers.I for one,and I am sure I speak for the majority who visit this site,would like to contribute,even in a small way.Can you have a p.o.box number setup,or a donations icon displayed on the site? I know you are not passing round the begging bowl,but I am sure you would receive a healthy response should you require everyone,or willing parties,to donate the odd couple of quid.Maybe if there is a surplus,the cash could then be nominated to a suitable charity,voted for and by the forum.Maybe you could also turn the odd couple of quid surplus into, a boot cd,or b.u.t. tshirt(handbaginblack design) once every couple of months or so.This gesture in itself will create some more interest in the site. All the names from the site who donate could be put into a interent hat,and you could announce the winner on a seperate link on the site.Send me your address by private mail,and I will send you a few dollars to start the ball rolling.Keep up the good work,and keep burning up time! :booze: :booze:
Thanks Griff - you`re right I don`t want to send round the begging bowl. Thanks for your kind words

Jim
GRIFF
Ugly
Ugly

Post by GRIFF »

No worries Jim.I did not mean that to sound like you were asking for help,I just meant in the most sincerest way that I am sure a lot of the b.u.t. crew would be more than happy to help out in some way.The Paul Roberts Prostrate Cancer donation idea is very close to my heart,and as was said on the day,everyone has been touched in some way,either by a relative suffering,or a friend.My good lady and I have written our will to include our home and all our possesions to cancer research.A more worthy cause,I cannot think of. Lets look after our own back yard,and look after our own. :booze: :booze:
Griff
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Good words Griff yeah I think (unfortunately) everyone is affected in someway with cancer.

Jim
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

Totally agree - a good way to collect the cash is through paypal which many will know from using Ebay i suppose.
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Let`s just see what happens - If no one uses the links then nothing will come of it - A good start would be to pre-order the hugh book from the Amazon link above :D

Jim
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

Excellent! I will do that now!!!! (might throw in a pair of boots while we're at it haha)
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Hang on with the boots Eric...........

Jim