Private Messaging

Announcements by moderators will be posted here.
Claireinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: Private Messaging

Post by Claireinblack »

Bag Lady wrote:
Claireinblack wrote:
Bag Lady wrote:I think that some people who are infrequent users of the forum receive notifications when they are sent PMs and that caused them some surprise. There were certainly people logging on yesterday evening who had not been on for a while. Lots more names in black on the index page in the past 24 hours.

I received four PMs
I have now emailed Jim to ask him to remove me from the forum
Not interested in this behaviour
Don't you think this behaviour will stop aftet this? I mean the round robin PMs not the toys out of the pram, handbags at dawn.

Yes I agree the PMs will but I am fed up with a lot of the crap that has been surrounding the band for the last few years and this is really just the last straw! Was fun but not for me these days
Claireinblack
kent
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

There does seem to be a lot of unnecessary sniping going on at the moment and for no real reason. I can completely understand people wanting to leave because of this.

I'm personally bored of it all and although I maintain the forums I have better things to do than having to mop up after someone goes off on a rant. I don't want to restrict the forums to Stranglers chatter only but that looks like the only option at the moment.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
gjinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by gjinblack »

Apologies if my pms went to everyone. I thought I was in private conversation with single individuals. I can't tell who was copied in on the Tapatalk app.
I didn't intend to annoy anyone.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
euromanc-ometh
jonimac
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by jonimac »

Jim

Does it really come across as unnecessary sniping?
Maybe I am not reading enough threads?
It comes across far stronger to me. One individual wrote a hate filled post yesterday and appeared to be actually getting off on it.
Is there no scope for actually giving people a time out? Just to reflect on how they are coming across?
To ask themselves if they want to be part of this online community?
Hell, I am happy to take a ban if I have provoked this bile, but when offensive views (IMHO ) are aired here, I think responding is necessary so that people do not think it represents this forum.
I can understand fully why people want to leave when they read some of the stuff on here.
I do not post that often myself but i do enjoy the Stranglers chat.
I understand that it must be very demanding to keep an eye on it all, and you probably have far better things to do with your time.
But don't give up on us.
Perhaps some plain rules need to be given, with an automatic ban if they are not followed?
e.g. 3 or greater people reporting a post as offensive = automatic ban
Simple for us, and maybe makes life simpler for you?
From Glasgow, the centre of Stranglermania (copyright Strangled 1982)
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Yeah there's the "report this post" option which is an exclamation mark. I get a notification of anything marked with that.

Jim
Stevie.T-'up north'

Post by Stevie.T-'up north' »

jonimac wrote:One individual wrote a hate filled post yesterday and appeared to be actually getting off on it.

but when offensive views (IMHO ) are aired here, I think responding is necessary

Perhaps some plain rules need to be given, with an automatic ban if they are not followed?

More than one individual, I assure you.

Yes, when someone offends someone, they respond. That applies to everyone, even me!

Rules like banning people who share their offensive pm's with all other site supporters for instance? Yes, I'll agree to that!
Sweat and shite and blood!
elvisintheclouds
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by elvisintheclouds »

Hi Jim,
Just wanted to say thanks for keeping the forum running.
Can't be an easy task at the best of times...

8)
Thank you very much
EiTC
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

Stevie.T-'up north' wrote:
jonimac wrote:One individual wrote a hate filled post yesterday and appeared to be actually getting off on it.

but when offensive views (IMHO ) are aired here, I think responding is necessary

More than one individual, I assure you.

Yes, when someone offends someone, they respond. That applies to everyone, even me!

Rules like banning people who share their offensive pm's with all other site supporters for instance? Yes, I'll agree to that!
You can ban me Jim if you like, my PMing the comment that Stevie T was acting like a wanker and has issues and likes to start cyber battles was probably too much.

Cheers everyone, and I apologise again if my input has offended anyone.
Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.
Stevie.T-'up north'

Bobinblack wrote:You can ban me Jim if you like, my PMing the comment that Stevie T was acting like a wanker and has issues and likes to start cyber battles was probably too much.

Cheers everyone, and I apologise again if my input has offended anyone.
See what I'm dealing with here? And yet he has the nerve to claim it's ME who starts 'cyber battles'.

Thinly disguised provocation there Bob wasn't it. And don't even try to deny it!

Plenty of wankers with issues on here, and plenty of examples to prove that, like certain posts.
jonimac

Post by jonimac »

Dear Jim

See above for an example.
Offensive, dismissive, complete lack of awareness of the offence he causes and claims to have the support of others too.
Haven't read the others supporting him to be honest.
Read some views that I might not agree with, but that's the nature of internet forums.
But the contempt is lacking in other posts.

I too am tired of reading this garbage but I would much rather not leave the forum.
Otherwise people like that claim a sort of victory.
Till there's no one left for them to insult.

I know you can report posts but is it worth tallying them up in order to produce a ban?
From Glasgow, the centre of Stranglermania (copyright Strangled 1982)
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

We can always put it to the vote

Also Stevie no one has complained to me about anyone else just you and this is the second time this has happened. Regardless of who said what you're always at the centre of this.

Jim

Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_276 using Tapatalk
Stevie.T-'up north'

jonimac wrote:Dear Jim

See above for an example.
Offensive, dismissive, complete lack of awareness of the offence he causes and claims to have the support of others too.
Haven't read the others supporting him to be honest.
Read some views that I might not agree with, but that's the nature of internet forums.
But the contempt is lacking in other posts.

I too am tired of reading this garbage but I would much rather not leave the forum.
Otherwise people like that claim a sort of victory.
Till there's no one left for them to insult.

I know you can report posts but is it worth tallying them up in order to produce a ban?
Oh for fuck's sake!! Get real will you! Want me to be offensive? Believe me, I haven't started yet! Do you not see what others are saying here?, the provocation, the digs etc? Do you seriously not see that?? And yet you have the audacity to mention 'dismissive' and 'complete lack of awareness'. Unbelievable!

As for me claiming to have the support of others, you're implying that I'm lying, right? Well think what the fuck you like because it really doesn't bother me, but sorry to disappoint you there. Unlike others on here, I don't go blubbering to them hoping for their back-up as I can fight my own battles thanks. You're like a fucking bunch of school kids, complaining to teacher when someone won't play ball.

You claim to be tired of all this yet you keep fueling the fire, just as Bob did with his earlier post. But believe me, some of us aren't so stupid as to not see through you and what you're trying to achieve here. Hey, let's wind up Stevie, wait for him to respond and then criticise him when he does. Pathetic! How many of you am I arguing with now? Quite a few isn't it, but despite your little lynch mob and the tactics you use I'm still here holding my ground.

When all is said and done, your opinions don't matter one iota to me however mine clearly do to you... hence all the abuse from various quarters. You'll never change my views so I suggest you get used to it, and if can't then go and get some help. Who the fuck do you think you are, telling me how I should think, telling me what I should say and even how I should actually say it? Understand this... you are nothing to me, totally insignificant, just a bunch of sad tossers on the internet.

Now I'll start the next post for you shall I?... Dear Jim, did you see see that!? Did you see what Stevie T said? Grow the fuck up!

Whatever you say, whatever you do, or whoever you go running to, I assure you you'll never change my opinions. Who the fuck do you people think you are?