Additions, Errors, links etc here please

Listings, reviews, of live gigs. The ultimate Stranglers gig archive.
Post Reply
User avatar
mantheylovetohate
The Raven
The Raven
Posts: 2162
Joined: 14 Apr 2007, 12:26
Location: Stranglers Official Site
Contact:

Re: Additions, Errors, links etc here please

Post by mantheylovetohate » 15 Aug 2009, 12:06

Jim A few amendments/additions:
14/09/91 Meisenthal gig was called Rock a l'Usine (as it was a disused factory)
30/11/95 Was Leicester De Monfort University
3/12/95 Was Folkestone Leas Cliff
9/4/96 The band played actually Rotterdam Nighttown as the final gig of 4 in Holland not Lokeren
7/2/97 Venue was Centre des arts & culture
8/2/97 Gig was in Plouenan
12/7/97 Band played a festival in Dr Music festival in Escalarra, Spain in the Pyrenees
25/7/98 Festival was in Knokke Heist
27/5/00 Festival was in Roeselare not Beveren
2/2/01 Venue was Muhle Hunzigen in Rubigen (outside Bern)
3/4/04 Ypres venue was Cultural Centre
Did someone say "Wonky"?

User avatar
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite
Posts: 33515
Joined: 22 Dec 2001, 11:41
Location: Yorkshire, England
Contact:

Re: Additions, Errors, links etc here please

Post by theraven1979 » 15 Aug 2009, 19:09

Cheers Owen

I'll update now

Jim
mantheylovetohate wrote:Jim A few amendments/additions:
14/09/91 Meisenthal gig was called Rock a l'Usine (as it was a disused factory)
30/11/95 Was Leicester De Monfort University
3/12/95 Was Folkestone Leas Cliff
9/4/96 The band played actually Rotterdam Nighttown as the final gig of 4 in Holland not Lokeren
7/2/97 Venue was Centre des arts & culture
8/2/97 Gig was in Plouenan
12/7/97 Band played a festival in Dr Music festival in Escalarra, Spain in the Pyrenees
25/7/98 Festival was in Knokke Heist
27/5/00 Festival was in Roeselare not Beveren
2/2/01 Venue was Muhle Hunzigen in Rubigen (outside Bern)
3/4/04 Ypres venue was Cultural Centre
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"

User avatar
mantheylovetohate
The Raven
The Raven
Posts: 2162
Joined: 14 Apr 2007, 12:26
Location: Stranglers Official Site
Contact:

Re: Additions, Errors, links etc here please

Post by mantheylovetohate » 15 Aug 2009, 19:18

theraven1979 wrote:Cheers Owen

I'll update now

Jim
mantheylovetohate wrote: 9/4/96 The band played actually Rotterdam Nighttown as the final gig of 4 in Holland not Lokeren
Sorry Jim I meant 8/4/96 where you had Lokeren gig-they did 4 nights on the trot in Holland
O
Did someone say "Wonky"?

User avatar
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite
Posts: 33515
Joined: 22 Dec 2001, 11:41
Location: Yorkshire, England
Contact:

Re: Additions, Errors, links etc here please

Post by theraven1979 » 15 Aug 2009, 19:46

No worries - sorted

Any more let me know

Thanks

Jim
mantheylovetohate wrote:
theraven1979 wrote:Cheers Owen

I'll update now

Jim
mantheylovetohate wrote: 9/4/96 The band played actually Rotterdam Nighttown as the final gig of 4 in Holland not Lokeren
Sorry Jim I meant 8/4/96 where you had Lokeren gig-they did 4 nights on the trot in Holland
O
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"

Cells&Plasma
Ugly
Ugly
Posts: 1385
Joined: 29 Oct 2008, 17:23
Location: Tunbridge Wells, Kent, England, UK, Europe, The World!!!!

Re: Additions, Errors, links etc here please

Post by Cells&Plasma » 15 Aug 2009, 19:58

mantheylovetohate wrote:
theraven1979 wrote:Cheers Owen

I'll update now

Jim
mantheylovetohate wrote: 9/4/96 The band played actually Rotterdam Nighttown as the final gig of 4 in Holland not Lokeren
Sorry Jim I meant 8/4/96 where you had Lokeren gig-they did 4 nights on the trot in Holland
O
That is the Lokeren Festival in Belgium which they played on 4th August 96.... :wink:
Sir Martin Rushent: “In my experience, the longer you spend making a piece of music, the more likely it is to be a pile of shit.”

JJB: "You say we have strange keyboard parts, well, we have a strange keyboardist! What can I say?"

User avatar
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite
Posts: 33515
Joined: 22 Dec 2001, 11:41
Location: Yorkshire, England
Contact:

Re: Additions, Errors, links etc here please

Post by theraven1979 » 15 Aug 2009, 20:00

Now I'm confused - I've got 2 Stranglers ultra nerds telling me different stories - Help! :P


Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"

"Fading Dutch Moon
Ugly
Ugly
Posts: 1218
Joined: 29 Oct 2007, 18:23
Location: Under the Dutch Moon

Re: Additions, Errors, links etc here please

Post by "Fading Dutch Moon » 16 Aug 2009, 00:24

Jim, can you make 2002 sticky too, it drops down now.

User avatar
mantheylovetohate
The Raven
The Raven
Posts: 2162
Joined: 14 Apr 2007, 12:26
Location: Stranglers Official Site
Contact:

Re: Additions, Errors, links etc here please

Post by mantheylovetohate » 16 Aug 2009, 00:30

theraven1979 wrote:Now I'm confused - I've got 2 Stranglers ultra nerds telling me different stories - Help! :P


Jim
Ultra-nerd! Thanks Jim-what a compliment!
8th of April 1996 was Rotterdam Nighttown (last of 4 night mini tour in Holland)
C&P is saying 4th of August was Lokeren
That's not hard to understand :grin:
Did someone say "Wonky"?

User avatar
Détective Privé
The Man They Love To Hate
Posts: 825
Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 18:59
Location: Brussels, Euromess

Re: Additions, Errors, links etc here please

Post by Détective Privé » 16 Aug 2009, 08:25

Hi Jim,

A little correction to the year 1979 :

12.11.79 was Paris Empire (famous Chorus TV show),
but
13.11.79 was Paris Le Palace (see ticket below).

Cheers !
Attachments
stranglers13-11-79.jpg
Stranglers Paris 13 nov 1979
stranglers13-11-79.jpg (40.38 KiB) Viewed 2777 times
You're my incurable malady
I miss the pleasure of your company

User avatar
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite
Posts: 33515
Joined: 22 Dec 2001, 11:41
Location: Yorkshire, England
Contact:

Re: Additions, Errors, links etc here please

Post by theraven1979 » 16 Aug 2009, 09:52

Excellent - Thanks everyone - Didn't make sense after a bottle of wine last night - I understand it now

Uber-nerds are go! :grin:

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"

Cells&Plasma
Ugly
Ugly
Posts: 1385
Joined: 29 Oct 2008, 17:23
Location: Tunbridge Wells, Kent, England, UK, Europe, The World!!!!

Re: Additions, Errors, links etc here please

Post by Cells&Plasma » 16 Aug 2009, 09:57

theraven1979 wrote:Excellent - Thanks everyone - Didn't make sense after a bottle of wine last night - I understand it now

Uber-nerds are go! :grin:

Jim
We are always here for you Sir!!! :wink:
Sir Martin Rushent: “In my experience, the longer you spend making a piece of music, the more likely it is to be a pile of shit.”

JJB: "You say we have strange keyboard parts, well, we have a strange keyboardist! What can I say?"

User avatar
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite
Posts: 33515
Joined: 22 Dec 2001, 11:41
Location: Yorkshire, England
Contact:

Re: Additions, Errors, links etc here please

Post by theraven1979 » 16 Aug 2009, 10:06

This is great thanks - do more Detective work on those dates!!

Jim
Détective Privé wrote:Hi Jim,

A little correction to the year 1979 :

12.11.79 was Paris Empire (famous Chorus TV show),
but
13.11.79 was Paris Le Palace (see ticket below).

Cheers !
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest