Feline Groovy

Any `classic` topics will be moved here.
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool » 18 Apr 2007, 18:46

gizzard wrote:Yeah great post fella!

Just one thing though.. Do you shop the same place as Bazza Spooner :?:

:lol: :lol:
Ditto, excellent stuff Alias 8)

As for you 'Gizzard'....

That's YOU on the flute, that is!

Well, he asked for it! :smile:

Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias » 18 Apr 2007, 19:09

ThruBeingCool wrote: As for you 'Gizzard'....

:shock: Jesus- that right there is why punk was invented :shock:
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'

gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard » 18 Apr 2007, 21:41

ThruBeingCool wrote:

As for you 'Gizzard'....

Nice one Bazza!

You just won't drop it will you :?: :roll:

:grin:
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''

Frank Castle
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Frank Castle » 18 Apr 2007, 22:02

For fucks sake Davie where you staying with Gill McKeith? :lol: :lol: :lol:

paulinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by paulinblack » 18 Apr 2007, 23:39

gizzard wrote:
ThruBeingCool wrote:

As for you 'Gizzard'....

Nice one Bazza!

You just won't drop it will you :?: :roll:

:grin:
The funniest thing that many might not know is that he really does look like you !!!!!!! :grin: :grin:

Paul
G-L-O-S...Living in a flood plain!

Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias » 19 Apr 2007, 08:56

Frank Castle wrote:For fucks sake Davie where you staying with Gill McKeith? :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: I had to stick that name into Google to find out who you were taking about mate, that's how much of a pie-monster I am now.
As well you know. :(
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: Feline Groovy

Post by Alias » 16 Feb 2011, 15:25

Another anniversary- 28 years ago!
It's feckin' scary, innit?

dan-electro
Ugly
Ugly

Post by dan-electro » 16 Feb 2011, 19:45

Great review that one. Never heard the bootleg of this gig but heard it was a cracker. I missed this tour (had a ticket for Edinburgh) was unable to go due to illness and it has bugged me for 28 years that I missed this one. :cry: My mates gave me a great review and got me some merchandise and they sold my ticket. I heard about the arse spanking during 'Golden Brown' some naughty punter doing something he shouldn't have been doing. My mate was over the moon at hearing "Princess Of The Streets" (one of his favourites from Rattus). I heard about Nik Mallam getting pelted with coins and the strange new "Manifesto". I heard the bootleg about 4 years later but it was small reward for not being able to go :smt010 Went to the Apollo and the Playhouse on the "Aural Sculpture" tour, the two gigs were chalk and cheese. The Apollo was a stunning show, had everything, the playhouse had a placid crowd in comparison, Jet was ill and just made the gig, Dave's equipment had a lot of problems and JJ stopped half way through "European Female" and cursed the head mic and walked off shouting "shit, fucking shit" :lol: . I seem to remember he came back on stage with a traditional mic with stand for the rest of the gig and blasted straight into "Ships". Still have an excellent boot of this gig but it wasn't the best show. I remember seeing the guitarist for Big Country in the audience. I think I also read in Strangled that a few representatives from CBS records attended this gig!! God knows what they made of it!! Great Days. :grin:
Hugh - "We had gangs of skinheads coming along trying to cause problems and stuff"
Rick Wakeman - "How did you deal with it?"
Hugh - "Our bass player used to jump off the stage and beat the shit out of them!"

Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias » 16 Feb 2011, 20:08

dan-electro wrote:Great review that one. Never heard the bootleg of this gig but heard it was a cracker. I missed this tour (had a ticket for Edinburgh) was unable to go due to illness and it has bugged me for 28 years that I missed this one. :cry: My mates gave me a great review and got me some merchandise and they sold my ticket. I heard about the arse spanking during 'Golden Brown' some naughty punter doing something he shouldn't have been doing. My mate was over the moon at hearing "Princess Of The Streets" (one of his favourites from Rattus). I heard about Nik Mallam getting pelted with coins and the strange new "Manifesto". I heard the bootleg about 4 years later but it was small reward for not being able to go :smt010 Went to the Apollo and the Playhouse on the "Aural Sculpture" tour, the two gigs were chalk and cheese. The Apollo was a stunning show, had everything, the playhouse had a placid crowd in comparison, Jet was ill and just made the gig, Dave's equipment had a lot of problems and JJ stopped half way through "European Female" and cursed the head mic and walked off shouting "shit, fucking shit" :lol: . I seem to remember he came back on stage with a traditional mic with stand for the rest of the gig and blasted straight into "Ships". Still have an excellent boot of this gig but it wasn't the best show. I remember seeing the guitarist for Big Country in the audience. I think I also read in Strangled that a few representatives from CBS records attended this gig!! God knows what they made of it!! Great Days. :grin:

Great days indeed :grin:
It's weird though, innit? I still stand by my worst Mk1 gig was the Aural Sculpture one at the Apollo!
I've said before it was probably cos I was with the girlfriend at the time, her first Stranglers gig, and
my first without going for a leap about down the front. I remember the band not living up to the inflated hopes
I had for the burd to love them (nearly) as much as I did.
I've said before, listening to the boot of the gig, it doesn't seem as pants as I remembered.
I remember the shock of seeing the, for me, dreaded horn section, and those wee headset mics looked well wrong.
It's been discussed at length on here already, and will be again, I hope, but there is a correct, asthetically pleasing
angle that JJ's mike stand had to be set at, so head mic never cut it, for me.
Again, I've spoke to folk since who say they thought it was a brilliant gig, helped, no doubt, by the fact they were
bouncing down the front, unable to see anything of head mics and horns,on the stage towering over them :lol:

dan-electro
Ugly
Ugly

Post by dan-electro » 16 Feb 2011, 21:55

Alias wrote:
dan-electro wrote:Great review that one. Never heard the bootleg of this gig but heard it was a cracker. I missed this tour (had a ticket for Edinburgh) was unable to go due to illness and it has bugged me for 28 years that I missed this one. :cry: My mates gave me a great review and got me some merchandise and they sold my ticket. I heard about the arse spanking during 'Golden Brown' some naughty punter doing something he shouldn't have been doing. My mate was over the moon at hearing "Princess Of The Streets" (one of his favourites from Rattus). I heard about Nik Mallam getting pelted with coins and the strange new "Manifesto". I heard the bootleg about 4 years later but it was small reward for not being able to go :smt010 Went to the Apollo and the Playhouse on the "Aural Sculpture" tour, the two gigs were chalk and cheese. The Apollo was a stunning show, had everything, the playhouse had a placid crowd in comparison, Jet was ill and just made the gig, Dave's equipment had a lot of problems and JJ stopped half way through "European Female" and cursed the head mic and walked off shouting "shit, fucking shit" :lol: . I seem to remember he came back on stage with a traditional mic with stand for the rest of the gig and blasted straight into "Ships". Still have an excellent boot of this gig but it wasn't the best show. I remember seeing the guitarist for Big Country in the audience. I think I also read in Strangled that a few representatives from CBS records attended this gig!! God knows what they made of it!! Great Days. :grin:

Great days indeed :grin:
It's weird though, innit? I still stand by my worst Mk1 gig was the Aural Sculpture one at the Apollo!
I've said before it was probably cos I was with the girlfriend at the time, her first Stranglers gig, and
my first without going for a leap about down the front. I remember the band not living up to the inflated hopes
I had for the burd to love them (nearly) as much as I did.
I've said before, listening to the boot of the gig, it doesn't seem as pants as I remembered.
I remember the shock of seeing the, for me, dreaded horn section, and those wee headset mics looked well wrong.
It's been discussed at length on here already, and will be again, I hope, but there is a correct, asthetically pleasing
angle that JJ's mike stand had to be set at, so head mic never cut it, for me.
Again, I've spoke to folk since who say they thought it was a brilliant gig, helped, no doubt, by the fact they were
bouncing down the front, unable to see anything of head mics and horns,on the stage towering over them :lol:
I was done the front of the stalls with the "Aural Sculpture" tour t-shirt I bought stuffed down my black shirt. The t-shirt fell out and I was scrambling about through the whole off "Thrown Away" trying to find it but to no avail. It was my only Stranglers gig at the Apollo so I had nothing to compare it against. I just remember the seats all smashing to bits with the surge at the start and me and my mates standing on the back of a remaining chair with a clear view of the stage during "Sewer" and seeing all the fans below us going mental. Absolutely priceless. I remember getting off the bus at the old Anderston Bus Station and getting into a pub and getting a few beers and then having to make a visit to the Apollo toilets later (what an experience that was!!). Remember the white sheeting (whatever happened to the sheeting?) and the bloody new brass section. I remember missing the last bus home from Buchanan street station and sitting about in the freezing cold waiting on an emergency call for someone to come to Glasgow to pick me and my mates up. Missing the bus was our fault as we did stay to long to see the encore. I think when it came to watching "Toiler" or missing the bus all our hearts voted for "Toiler" but our heads were deperately trying to tell us to leave to get the bus. Our hearts won!! :lol: Happy days.
Hugh - "We had gangs of skinheads coming along trying to cause problems and stuff"
Rick Wakeman - "How did you deal with it?"
Hugh - "Our bass player used to jump off the stage and beat the shit out of them!"

Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias » 23 Mar 2011, 18:25

PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon » 03 Apr 2011, 17:56

Going through a major Feline last week and a bit. :smt006
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.