What could`ve been.... - Arty farty creative dudes step this way.

Any `classic` topics will be moved here.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 » 14 Sep 2002, 19:08

Right I dunno whether anyone will be arsed with this but. If the band released a single that wasn`t released what do you think would be the cover on the single i.e

Man Of The Earth may have looked like this....

Also points for alternative album or single covers. You can link to your image by clicking the image button in a new post. If you dont know how to upload to a site email it to me.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"

DannyL
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by DannyL » 14 Sep 2002, 19:17

Bloody hell Jim, that's the bollocks (literally!) - they should've released it just for that sleeve. Better than the shitty album sleeves for Mk2's output by a mile.

I'm buggered if I can think of owt off hand, but it'd be interesting to see any sleeve designs for 'Ugly'.
No love in a thousand girls.

Dom P
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by Dom P » 14 Sep 2002, 20:17

but it'd be interesting to see any sleeve designs for 'Ugly'.
Send me your photo Danny and I'll make a cover for you..
"I think you guys are going to have to come up with some wonderful new lies, or people just aren't going to want to go on living." -- Slaughterhouse-Five

DannyL

Post by DannyL » 14 Sep 2002, 21:35

That's a very kind offer, Dom - I just might take you up on that...I've got a 'suitable' enough photo of me, as it goes.

I'll want the squiggly red logo too, though!
No love in a thousand girls.

theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 » 14 Sep 2002, 21:59

Bloody hell Jim, that's the bollocks (literally!) - they should've released it just for that sleeve. Better than the shitty album sleeves for Mk2's output by a mile.

I'm buggered if I can think of owt off hand, but it'd be interesting to see any sleeve designs for 'Ugly'.
hehe here`s part of some arty farty bollocks I did a year ago called "Middle Class Suicide Attempt" which I reckon may work as the Ugly cover obviously the Sainsbury`s logo needs ditching somehow....and replacing with The Stranglers logo - yes thats it.

Jim

Edited By theraven1979 on Sep. 14 2002 at 22:01

Dom P
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by Dom P » 14 Sep 2002, 23:17

That's very "Ugly". I must say. Let's see what we can do...
"I think you guys are going to have to come up with some wonderful new lies, or people just aren't going to want to go on living." -- Slaughterhouse-Five

Alex
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Alex » 15 Sep 2002, 03:27

I can't perform such wizardry as that on this excuse for a ZX Spectrum, so I'll have to describe it. Although I'll have to log off soon coz I wanna beat my high score on Horace Goes Skiing.

The 'All Day.....' withdrawn Mary Coughmedicine sleeve, with Mary replaced by Barrymore, for the (should have been on album) 'Norman Normal' single. :p

Or..

This is just a good excuse for a perve :D THAT famous 70's no knickers tennis playing chick scratching her arse photo (you know the one?) for 'Love 30'.

or....

Pammy Anderson for 'Savage Breast'!

I like this, can you tell?
I'm also very pissed

:booze:

A big picture of the majestic Jettus Blackus for the rereleased hip hop, bangin monster rave 'Old Codger'.

??? <---- That little guy there for the cover version of 'Out of Time'
:( <----Or him!

:D
I could go on.......

ps: Was trying to think of one for 'Duchess' but the original cover can't be beaten.
look I've got a microphone, I can speak about 2000 times louder than any of you idiots, alright!.....However loud you shout........SHUT UP!!...YA BUNCH OF MORONS !!!!!

Alex
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Alex » 15 Sep 2002, 03:28

:thumbs:
look I've got a microphone, I can speak about 2000 times louder than any of you idiots, alright!.....However loud you shout........SHUT UP!!...YA BUNCH OF MORONS !!!!!

paulinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by paulinblack » 15 Sep 2002, 09:21

Right I dunno whether anyone will be arsed with this but. If the band released a single that wasn`t released what do you think would be the cover on the single i.e

Also points for alternative album or single covers. You can link to your image by clicking the image button in a new post. If you dont know how to upload to a site email it to me.

Jim
Doesn't it say in HRH HAC's book that this was going to be the cover for MotE before the single was pulled ?

Paul
G-L-O-S...Living in a flood plain!

theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 » 15 Sep 2002, 10:36

Yep that`s why I did it.

Jim

theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 » 15 Sep 2002, 11:07

Ok they`re getting a bit dire now so this one is me last. This is something like my alternative idea for the cover for Black & white. Obviously you can`t top the original.

There needs to be an ambulance at the bottom of the cliff but I`ve not the artistic skills to do it. Kept the sea in for the Toiler reference.

Somone else can have a go!

Jim

Edited By theraven1979 on Sep. 15 2002 at 11:09

Manna Machine

Post by Manna Machine » 15 Sep 2002, 11:55

Jim
Doesn't it say in HRH HAC's book that this was going to be the cover for MotE before the single was pulled ?

Paul
:D It's in the Booklet with the "10" remaster released last year
"Man of the Earth" was due to be released late June/early July 1990...B/W "Sitting on top of the world" and "Things are getting better"....however for some reason Epic pulled the single?........ :sarky: ???
There's plastic peaches there.......