Places 1 & 2 again - Must be selling!

Any `classic` topics will be moved here.
jeanjacketburnel
Rats Rally

Post by jeanjacketburnel » 12 Feb 2004, 14:41

Black again after a two weeks abscence from the net thanks to those tight cnuts at Telewest. Dont pay your bill for a couple of months and they cut you off ,the bastids. I wont forget this and once I,ve got enought to buy the company, you're all sacked! If my missus didn't watch GMTV I'd have missed them yesterday.
Oh yeah BTC. I popped into my local independent record store (Badlands ,Cheltenham ) on the saturday before release date just to make sure they would be getting it and asked the assistant if they would be getting the new Stranglers single. "Big thing coming? Yeah got it here" and pulled the 2 track disc out of a box he was unpacking.
Although I was stunned by this I asked if he had the other cd version as well and in a manner resembling the late Paul Daniels he magically produced the other version as well.
Now it was getting a bit spooky what with all these cd singles being on sale 2 days before release date so I thought I better not ask for the 7" in case I ended up selling my soul to the devil. And all the 4/5 tracks are brilliant even TG which I always thought was pants but now I love it and cant wait to hear the studio version. Definatley one for the X- files if they ever make another series.
Even though the good folk at Amazon will be doing their best to get me NG on monday I'm tempted to pop into Badlands today to get it .Prehaps Badlands is like Stephen King's "needful things" but as it's the Stranglers it will be worth it.
STEVE

STEVEh
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by STEVEh » 12 Feb 2004, 21:57

Sales are still holding on the hmv site. Both CDs are in their top sellers. If you lump together the various formats of the different singles and take out those not yet released BTC is number11.

bladnoch
Down In The Sewer

Post by bladnoch » 12 Feb 2004, 22:03

STEVEh wrote:Sales are still holding on the hmv site. Both CDs are in their top sellers. If you lump together the various formats of the different singles and take out those not yet released BTC is number11.
album's still holding firm in the amazon pre-release chart, hovering between 3 and 4 and keeping George Michael at bay most of the time

theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 » 12 Feb 2004, 22:06

bladnoch wrote:
STEVEh wrote:keeping George Michael at bay most of the time
Not a bad thing!

Jim :D
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"

gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard » 13 Feb 2004, 13:14

theraven1979 wrote:
bladnoch wrote:
STEVEh wrote:keeping George Michael at bay most of the time
Not a bad thing!

Jim :D[/color]
A very good thing I'd say.

:D
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''

Paul
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Paul » 14 Feb 2004, 18:15

the records above nc recently in the pre release chart aren't out next week, which means nc is the number one best selling pre release album for next week!
Prediction, straight in at number 10.

btc single is back in at 51......

I can taste two beers when it goes up the charts tommorow. :D
....near the nearside window.....

Mathew Stranglers

Post by Mathew Stranglers » 03 Mar 2004, 01:22

We'll be back with LBV!:D

theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 » 07 Mar 2004, 12:42

Adding this to Forums gold cos I think it shows that we can occassionally organise piss ups in breweries or in this case singles in charts :D

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"