INTERVIEW WITH CHRIS TWOMEY

Any `classic` topics will be moved here.
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Re: INTERVIEW WITH CHRIS TWOMEY

Post by Bobinblack » 28 Jan 2009, 21:07

Pleasure :grin:

Regards photos though, it might not be a big problem - copyright of photos belongs to the photographer, so there is easy scope for such a book to be a real 'co-operative' affair.

Also, being an indie on a couple of occasions - no I'm not touting for business! - I'd have been more than happy with 3k sales, trust me!

anyway, I sincerely hope we don't let this go and that CT recognizes the potential opportunity here. Jim knows plenty about what lines of business the forum's posters are involved in, and there must be plenty of people who could help on here, with true intentions only in mind. Which are: helping a book about our favourite band see the light of day, written by someone we know pretty well and probably trust (even tho most havent met him).

I'm gonna have to dig the book out and speed read it! Trouble is I can't speed read and have the eyes of Mr Magoo's lesser-sighted brother :smt010 but anyway I'm going to read it and might get back with a couple more honest if daft comments!
'Peaches - A Chronicle of The Stranglers from 1974 to 1990', out 2014 on Soundcheck Books.

Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.

wadey1

Post by wadey1 » 28 Jan 2009, 21:31

thanks for all the feedback, was quite chuffed with his answers my self, very interesting bloke is chris twomey. i re read the men they love to hate and i love it, theres some great stories and recollections in there. its a positive book written by someone u can tell is a big fan. i prefer it to no mercy, as i found that book really critical and depressing really, buckley is very negative (although the news of him updating no nercy is cool in it? i knew that d excite people on here when i read it).
of course if twomey got this re published id buy it again as would 1000s of stranglers fans and general rock fans. their story is one of the most remarkable in rock history innit? (the obnoxious gits)
it was quite a fluke this interview. i once sold a cd to alan edwards as well although i didnt ask him any questions (should have really.) would love to get an interview with hugh for this site.

pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon » 29 Jan 2009, 13:02

I have yet to read "The Men they love to hate" if it comes up on ebay without "The old testement" no point in owning that then i will buy it.

theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 » 29 Jan 2009, 13:19

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"

adam_neil
Ugly
Ugly

Post by adam_neil » 29 Jan 2009, 21:33

wadey1 wrote: would love to get an interview with hugh for this site.
Go for it ! :wink:

Adam
Tried to wipe you from my memory
I miss the pleasure of your company

Black Leather Jacket
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Black Leather Jacket » 29 Jan 2009, 23:07

Thanks to Wadey and Chris.Interesting read.Thanks also to Mr Mod.I'm also a big XTC fan (amongst other things!) so look forward to reading that.

These things are what makes Forums so great.Good work!
Home is a black leather jacket
Fitting sweetly to my brain!

Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack » 30 Jan 2009, 15:26

If you've not seen it already, the Let Me Introduce You to the Family album thread might be of interest to yous if this thread has been.
'Peaches - A Chronicle of The Stranglers from 1974 to 1990', out 2014 on Soundcheck Books.

Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.

Manc In Black
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Manc In Black » 15 Jan 2015, 13:16

Bumped into this on Facebook.
The many threads of the Stranglers

Great read this.
on on on on
Established 11 September 1974