INTERVIEW WITH CHRIS TWOMEY

Any `classic` topics will be moved here.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: INTERVIEW WITH CHRIS TWOMEY

Post by theraven1979 » 24 Jan 2009, 21:34

Fuckin hell nice work Wadey! cheers. Pass on our thanks to Chris as well.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"

shah
The Raven
The Raven

Post by shah » 24 Jan 2009, 23:11

How much for the book, Chris...? (licks fingers, shuffles pound notes....)
I'll have one!
shah shaaah...go go...
shah shaaah...go go...
shah shaaah...

PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon » 24 Jan 2009, 23:16

Thanks for that.
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.

gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard » 24 Jan 2009, 23:47

Well done Wadey.

Thanks to CT also.
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''

Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias » 24 Jan 2009, 23:49

Fantastic stuff Wadey, and nice in-depth answers from Mr.Twomey too. Who said this was
a slow news week?

In answer to his, "So here’s the question: If I were to self-publish the original book exactly
as I wrote it - would anybody read it? Would most people feel short changed if
they bought a mythical ‘lost’ book and realised it was just as the author
described it - shit? "

How about a couple of sample chapters from him and we can let him know? :?:
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'

theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 » 25 Jan 2009, 00:04

I think if he sold it for a fiver or maybe £8 if he needs to most people? on here would buy it - They'd definately be several hundred sold if that appeals to him?

Jim

yellowcakeuf6
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by yellowcakeuf6 » 25 Jan 2009, 02:38

theraven1979 wrote:Fuckin hell nice work Wadey!
:lol:

Nice one wadey mate.... :wink:

firebirdV8
Rats Rally

Post by firebirdV8 » 25 Jan 2009, 09:11

does this mean that the nineties section in davids book will be updated? that would be an interesting read
nice interview thanks!
Fly straight with perfection

mantheylovetohate
The Raven
The Raven

Post by mantheylovetohate » 25 Jan 2009, 10:17

theraven1979 wrote:I think if he sold it for a fiver or maybe £8 if he needs to most people? on here would buy it - They'd definately be several hundred sold if that appeals to him?

Jim
Self publishing books is an expensive route & I think that you would expect to pay a lot more than that Jim! 6 years of hard work, struggles with the band & legal wrangling & you want it for less than the price of a cheap CD. Most large distribution magazines in newsagents are about £4 nowadays. I'd imagine a price tag of at least £20 for the printers to do it any kind of justice & for it not to come out like a glorified fanzine (& to give Chris some long overdue reward for his efforts). That is one of the problems with the internet, everyone has access to so much 'free' stuff, they get to expect everything for nothing!!!
Having spoken to Chris on several occasions about his manuscript, I'd far prefer his book to come out properly rather than to repolish the turd that is 'No Mercy' (whose only real detail & interesting anecdotes come from Garry Coward Williams).
Did someone say "Wonky"?

theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 » 25 Jan 2009, 10:27

Depends how you do it - I had in mind something fairly cheap to produce in a pamphlet style - I'd rather it was done cheap than expensive as I believe it would have more chance to get out the door than something that you're gonna have to mark up to £15. I'm not bothered about glossy paper and stuff I just wanna read it !

Jim
mantheylovetohate wrote:
theraven1979 wrote:I think if he sold it for a fiver or maybe £8 if he needs to most people? on here would buy it - They'd definately be several hundred sold if that appeals to him?

Jim
Self publishing books is an expensive route & I think that you would expect to pay a lot more than that Jim! 6 years of hard work, struggles with the band & legal wrangling & you want it for less than the price of a cheap CD. Most large distribution magazines in newsagents are about £4 nowadays. I'd imagine a price tag of at least £20 for the printers to do it any kind of justice & for it not to come out like a glorified fanzine (& to give Chris some long overdue reward for his efforts). That is one of the problems with the internet, everyone has access to so much 'free' stuff, they get to expect everything for nothing!!!
Having spoken to Chris on several occasions about his manuscript, I'd far prefer his book to come out properly rather than to repolish the turd that is 'No Mercy' (whose only real detail & interesting anecdotes come from Garry Coward Williams).

PeteL
Rats Rally

Post by PeteL » 25 Jan 2009, 10:35

Excellent read, thanks for that, however its published and at whtever the price I for one will definately buy it.
Yes I can drive drive

gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard » 25 Jan 2009, 11:04

PeteL wrote:Excellent read, thanks for that, however its published and at whtever the price I for one will definately buy it.
Ditto that!

'If' it ever sees the light of day.....
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''