yellowcake has fled, to Scotland today...........

Any `classic` topics will be moved here.
yellowcakeuf6
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

yellowcake has fled, to Scotland today...........

Post by yellowcakeuf6 » 01 Nov 2008, 05:51

Fexake! The old Timex Thunderer has taken a hammering this week! I'm up at stupid O'Clock yet again. But this time I have good reason.

Dear reader, I have been overwhelmed by how good the reviews and photo's of this current tour have been. Absoutely first class. I however am no David Bailey or indeed Enid Blyton so I thought I'd try something different.

This very day, on my jaunt to foreign climes, I intend to regale you all with tales of trains, stroppy Bastard conductors, delays, fatalities :shock: ,Scotsmen, curry's, singalongaStranglers, picts and celts, wee jobbies, a detailed critique of Alias's home furnishings and the like. Not to mention 2 whole gigs. A 'live' blow by blow account of my weekend oop North using the medium of the mobile internet and a Nokia N95. Surfing the internet using a mobile phone is a wholly unsatisfactory affair, interrupted by time-outs, lack of coverage and having to use a feckin magnifying glass! There will be pictures, (small I'll grant you that, heaven forbid I should exceed T-Mobiles fair usage policy! Cnuts! :evil: ), and short, sweet but hopefully succinct comments along the way.

This mission is fraught with danger, not to mention the very real risk of hypothermia! But I intend to stick my head in where it hurts for PiL and all of you who can't make it today.

Some of you may find it interesting. Some of you may think...."that yellowcake's a bit of a jessie ain't he?" Some of you may be off nights and asleep all day. Whatever you make of it, just try and think of me in some far corner of a distant land, engaging in Stranglers' derring-do! :twisted:

Wish me luck the noo............
cake

PS. I have been fully fitted with state of the art GPS for this journey and details of my progress can be found at [url]http://www.where'scakeat?.com[/url]

yellowcakeuf6
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Re: yellowcake has fled, to Scotland today...........

Post by yellowcakeuf6 » 01 Nov 2008, 07:17

5:52am Norwich Station to Peterborough. East Midlands Trains. The journey begins..... As I follow in the footsteps of Raleigh, Scott, Palin, McGregor & Boorman, Chalmers, a small farewell party of approximately feckin no-one gathers excitedly to see me off. Gotta make it to Pbo for 7:46 connection to Newcastle. I could conceivably fall at the first hurdle! Sleep beckons.

Rodney Blackstaff
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Rodney Blackstaff » 01 Nov 2008, 08:07

Great stuff Mr Cake, lets hope the great british public transport system delivers you well and on time!

Enjoy the days festivites along with all the others going, from what's already been posted so far about todays proceedings, it should be a cracker of a day :smile:

Safe journeys to all

Rodders :smt006
I see your outstretched hand through the closing door
But it's a far better thing I do than I have done before

ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool » 01 Nov 2008, 08:16

Bon Voyage Monsieur Gateau :!: :smt006

theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 » 01 Nov 2008, 08:44

Sounds great but we all know you're gonna end up getting pissed, sleep on the train, miss your stop and end up in Paris

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"

yellowcakeuf6
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by yellowcakeuf6 » 01 Nov 2008, 09:11

:lol: Thanks for the good wishes fellas. Jimbo's probably called it right. Anyhoo, made it to Pbo without incident, (no sign of OG though!), now commencing phase 2. 7:46am Pbo to Newcastle to catch one to Carlisle. National Express East Coast. And what a difference to that shower of shit I work for. Hot and cold running wi-fi, (no drop outs here), reasonably attractive buffet girls, warm cattle storage and a class 91 loco up front..er...ahem. Still on nuclear grade coffee at the minute, hmm beer! No Stranglers activity to report so far.

yellowcakeuf6
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by yellowcakeuf6 » 01 Nov 2008, 09:36

Well heeelllloo. My name's yellowcake. You may remember me from such threads as 'rewind constantly', 'pissed up row' and ..... Hello, I say hello...tsch! please yerself! (partial succes there. She woke up as I took the photo but the file size was too big to upload. Settings tweak required.)

gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard » 01 Nov 2008, 10:33

Nice one Cakester!

Have a fab day(and night!) 8)
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''

"Fading Dutch Moon
Ugly
Ugly

Post by "Fading Dutch Moon » 01 Nov 2008, 10:34

Have a good time Mr Cake; don't get lost :P

Mad Hatter
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Mad Hatter » 01 Nov 2008, 10:45

Sounds like it is going to be an excellent day. Enjoy. :grin:

Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias » 01 Nov 2008, 11:06

Fucken hurry up then...

:lol:
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'

Frank Castle
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Frank Castle » 01 Nov 2008, 11:07

yellowcakeuf6 wrote:Fexake! The old Timex Thunderer has taken a hammering this week! I'm up at stupid O'Clock yet again. But this time I have good reason.

Dear reader, I have been overwhelmed by how good the reviews and photo's of this current tour have been. Absoutely first class. I however am no David Bailey or indeed Enid Blyton so I thought I'd try something different.

This very day, on my jaunt to foreign climes, I intend to regale you all with tales of trains, stroppy Bastard conductors, delays, fatalities :shock: ,Scotsmen, curry's, singalongaStranglers, picts and celts, wee jobbies, a detailed critique of Alias's home furnishings and the like. Not to mention 2 whole gigs. A 'live' blow by blow account of my weekend oop North using the medium of the mobile internet and a Nokia N95. Surfing the internet using a mobile phone is a wholly unsatisfactory affair, interrupted by time-outs, lack of coverage and having to use a feckin magnifying glass! There will be pictures, (small I'll grant you that, heaven forbid I should exceed T-Mobiles fair usage policy! Cnuts! :evil: ), and short, sweet but hopefully succinct comments along the way.

This mission is fraught with danger, not to mention the very real risk of hypothermia! But I intend to stick my head in where it hurts for PiL and all of you who can't make it today.

Some of you may find it interesting. Some of you may think...."that yellowcake's a bit of a jessie ain't he?" Some of you may be off nights and asleep all day. Whatever you make of it, just try and think of me in some far corner of a distant land, engaging in Stranglers' derring-do! :twisted:

Wish me luck the noo............
cake

PS. I have been fully fitted with state of the art GPS for this journey and details of my progress can be found at [url]http://www.where'scakeat?.com[/url]
Our paths shall cross today Mr Cake,just prepare for a long drunken day...it's gonna be good 8)

The faint of heart need not apply :lol: