The La Folie UK Tour 1981.

Any `classic` topics will be moved here.
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: The La Folie UK Tour 1981.

Post by ThruBeingCool » 03 Jan 2015, 02:11

Cells&Plasma wrote:
stubsinblack wrote:After Lancaster in '79 and '81, Manchester on the first leg of this tour was the thrid time I'd seen tham. I also managed to get to Leeds on the "Second Coming" tour in early '82. The intro to Baroque Bordello at Mancheter was staggering - made me literally go weak at the knees - an effect I've never felt at any gig before or since. Other memories from that one were the amazing bass intro to Let Me Introduce You....; the one and only time (in what must be twenty-odd gigs by now) I've ever seen them do Princess Of The Streets and the first time I saw GB live. The Leeds gig was nothing special to be honest. It was a pretty crappy small venue - notable only for the opening "Sewer" and a decent version of WWTW.
Princess was not performed on any La Folie Tour.....you are getting mixed up with The Feline Tour. :roll:
or 'Who Wants The World' tour?

stubsinblack
SHAKESPEARO

Post by stubsinblack » 05 Mar 2015, 12:40

Are you sure? I would have gone all in on the million pound drop if I was ever invited on the show and that question had come up - an unlikely scenario I know but an indication of how absolutely cast iron sure I was that they played it that night. I was learning drums at the time, mainly by playing along to Stranglers records and remember wondering if the drum intro was on the hi-hat or a cymbal. For those of you who can't bear the suspense, it's the hi-hat!

It was also the night I figured out the time signature to Golden Brown - and the first time I saw them play it live - I think!

I did see them on the Feline tour in Bristol in '83, so it could have been that one I suppose.

The tricks your memory plays on you....

:smt017

T.F.P.R.H.G
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by T.F.P.R.H.G » 05 Mar 2015, 14:33

i was at the royal court liverpool dont remember much about the gig.
what i do remember there was the amount of casuals or scallies in the crowd.
Saidagibb !

scouserat
Rats Rally

Post by scouserat » 06 Mar 2015, 12:30

T.F.P.R.H.G wrote:i was at the royal court liverpool dont remember much about the gig.
yes i remember around 10 of us met up and went straight to brighton after this gig to watch LFC, sitting in the back of my cousins transit van no seats , the things you used to do when you were young 8) i think we won 1.0 not that i was a scally like. :shock:

Ruby
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Ruby » 28 Oct 2017, 11:19

T.F.P.R.H.G wrote:
05 Mar 2015, 14:33
i was at the royal court liverpool dont remember much about the gig.
I was at this one. I remember quite a bit of it -Mr Spratts Motets,a ventriloquist and the white La Folie figures.
Band kicked off with Non Stop and into Threatened and Just Like Nothing On Earth.Lots of spitting going on even though it was post punk era. Hugh was covered in spit at one point but carried on professionally to finish the song.Beyond the call of duty I thought,I wouldn't have blamed him had he stopped and walked off.

punkerdgray
Down In The Sewer

Post by punkerdgray » 29 Oct 2017, 18:30

I was at the Edinburgh gig they played playhouse twice that year

clutchingmyteddybear
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by clutchingmyteddybear » 31 Oct 2017, 20:18

villainblack wrote:
12 Nov 2009, 21:47
theraven1979 wrote:I would probably give one of my testicles to have seen some of these gigs

Jim

I was at the 3rd night at Birmingham Odeon 8) , managed to skip the bouncers in the rush to the front, nasty bastards at the Odeon :smt013
Yes but if you knew just one person up front, they would grab tickets from people around them and bring back to the back and you’d make your way up front, showing your front section ticket to the bouncers. Worked a treat. Remember this gig well.
how did I get down here, well it's a long story