Nostalgia

All the ongoing Polls are in here - make sure you`ve voted on all of em!

Are you a nostalgic bastard?

Yes
80%
No
20%

Total votes: 74

spaceace
Rats Rally

Post by spaceace » 25 Aug 2006, 00:17

I'm not nostalgic but I remember when I was.
And if you hassle me mister I might just lose my head.

andyinblack1
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by andyinblack1 » 25 Aug 2006, 06:14

i used to be indesisive, now i'm not so sure.......boom, boom :lol: :lol:
she's the queen of the streets, a piece of meat.

BELLE 77
Down In The Sewer

Post by BELLE 77 » 28 Aug 2006, 13:38

Never dwell too much on the past
cause it was good at the time do'nt try and
tell someone who was'nt there about it
you just come across as a sado.
Get yourselves of to see the subways if you
get the chance and feel like 77/78 all over again

BELLE 77 :grin: :wink:
THE ALKALINE TRIO ARE THE WAY

Cola Can
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Cola Can » 30 Aug 2006, 01:15

anything pre-mortgage was good........
Procrastinators: Leaders of Tomorrow

paulinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by paulinblack » 30 Aug 2006, 04:38

Its not that easy......never to look back.

Paul

Fly straight with inspiration after nearly a year
G-L-O-S...Living in a flood plain!

adriana
Ugly
Ugly

Post by adriana » 30 Aug 2006, 08:12

Don't think you can help it really. Certainly from a musical standpoint, the late 70's very early 80's were the unbeatable. The diversity of music was reflected in any school. You had:

Heavy Metal kids
Punks/Skins
Mods
The 2 Tone crowd
The electronic fans

Just loads, and I dipped into them all (with the exception of heavy metal!). Shit it was no wonder there were so many fights!

Contrast that youth culture with today's, the diversity has vanished.

All that said, as a music fan I wouldn't mind being a teenager right now. British music is at it's strongest since the early 80's. The current music scene now has the advantage that it has avoided labels and therefore is likely to fair better than say Britpop.

Generally, back in the 80's, certain things were less taken for granted. When someone in our street got a ZX Spectrum I thought Manic Miner was as good as entertainment could get!

ria
Down In The Sewer

Post by ria » 30 Aug 2006, 11:04

Can't say about the whole actual english scene but when I see some of it as for other foreigners there's actually no really outsiders. Though it rocks, it grooves as they make the most of their inheritance.
But while the past amount of diversities of style and technics give its means to put more and more in music, it's also harder to find something new to do not already done.
Imo I think that the undertaking of most of the bands is too much strategic. Most of the self-produced bands are still stuck in some fashion.
Well, probably here is my thought most of the time "That is too much".
All in all whatever the hoard, the originality in creation is to let it go as it comes.

When I turn back to the late 70's (that is to say the late 60' as well) I see bands whose spontaneity was fronting its dangers.
The early 80's was an experimental move I like too, but I was too young to attend the stuff live, can't have real regret but the wish that some natures will find their own flow and take place again.

Cola Can
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Cola Can » 03 Sep 2006, 00:19

......it's all we have left to look forward to....
Procrastinators: Leaders of Tomorrow

themaninblack1963
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by themaninblack1963 » 09 Jul 2007, 18:45

I am getting more nostalgic the older I get, I am 44 now & with each year it gets worse!!! It has to be something to do with age, obviously what can you be nostalgic about when you are 16/17......
Come on you Warriors!!!

Niki Wu
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Niki Wu » 09 Jul 2007, 18:58

Yes I am but the older I get the more nostalgia invariably precedes disappointment. :oops:

Sorry did I say invariably?
Such a poignant word when used economically but when worn to death like an old t-shirt?
Last edited by Niki Wu on 09 Jul 2007, 21:15, edited 1 time in total.
"Normally I wouldn't have minded"

ravenlunatic
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by ravenlunatic » 09 Jul 2007, 20:39

Not nostagic at all, in fact I consider dwelling on the past an unhealthy thing to do. This is exactly the point I was making to my Valet the other day as he was laying out my tweeds. He had tried to reasure me that he was more than happy with his 12 shillings and fourpence h'apenny a month and that he would not know what to do with himself with a sunday afternoon off every fortnight. I knocked out my pipe, re filled it with a good twist of highland shag and told him that he must move with the times and not be content with living in the past, and that I must insist on an extra threepence h'apenny in his pocket for all his stirling service, and with many thanks for my generosity, he presented me with a freshly ironed copy of the times and went about his duties.
Worrying times we live in my friends, the news from the empire is worrying, though I have every confidence that stout hearted Tommy Atkins will give old Johnny Foreigner a bloody nose.
Look not to the past, but face the future with confidence is my advice.

Probably.
I tried to make him laugh, He didn't get the joke, and then he said I wasn't right in the head.

PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon » 09 Jul 2007, 21:33

ravenlunatic wrote:Not nostagic at all, in fact I consider dwelling on the past an unhealthy thing to do. This is exactly the point I was making to my Valet the other day as he was laying out my tweeds. He had tried to reasure me that he was more than happy with his 12 shillings and fourpence h'apenny a month and that he would not know what to do with himself with a sunday afternoon off every fortnight. I knocked out my pipe, re filled it with a good twist of highland shag and told him that he must move with the times and not be content with living in the past, and that I must insist on an extra threepence h'apenny in his pocket for all his stirling service, and with many thanks for my generosity, he presented me with a freshly ironed copy of the times and went about his duties.
Worrying times we live in my friends, the news from the empire is worrying, though I have every confidence that stout hearted Tommy Atkins will give old Johnny Foreigner a bloody nose.
Look not to the past, but face the future with confidence is my advice.

Probably.

:lol:

I disagree. :shock:

I am a notstalgic old bastard and I love delving into the old days and what we all used to get up to especially during and post WWII.

This post commenced in August 2006 and not one person has cast a vote. :lol:

:shock:
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.